Air force or Marines?

No, I really don't care what you think. Let me know if I need to explain that to you.

Every branch of the military has its good points and its quirks, no one is better than the other completely. The AF and the marines have different missions and areas of emphasis that require different mentalities and attitudes. All of this childish crap about "you become a Marine, but the other services are so-so" is dumb. It order for the country to win a war all the resources and skills of the branches of the military are needed.

Every branch of the military has its good points and its quirks, no one is better than the other completely. The AF and the marines have different missions and areas of emphasis that require different mentalities and attitudes. All of this childish crap about "you become a Marine, but the other services are so-so" is dumb. It order for the country to win a war all the resources and skills of the branches of the military are needed.

I agree with the first two sentences. You lose your mind in the third and come somewhat back to Earth in the last one.

You wish to denigrate the obvious because it doesn't suit you to see it. Nobody in their right mind joins the Marine Corps for any other reason than to be the best. Period. The recruiters offer you the opportunity to become a Marine IF you make it through boot camp.

People join the Air Force to learn a skill they sell at United Airlines when their time's up.

None of which has anything to do with the requirement to win a war. You are incorrect about that as well though.

The Army and Marines can win a war without the Air Force. Since the Marines are the Navy's dirtywork guys and they're our ride, we need them and they need us.

However, you can bomb whoever into oblivion for months, just as happened in the First Gulf War and it ain't won and not one inch taken without boots on the ground. We can accomplish that mission without you. You cannot accomplish that mission without us.

You're supposed to be an officer? Funny .... Marine officers have a better understanding of basic strategy.:eusa_whistle:

No, Marines are not mindless clowns.

No Air Force personnel are not pussies, either.

A LOT of Army personnel you know about obviously idiots.

:lol: True story...when I worked for the Air Force, one of the secretary's ordered an army reg by accident. I took a look at it and found a priceless picture in there. The top picture is of a guy climbing down out of a truck with the word "RIGHT" in the upper right hand corner. The bottom picture was of a guy falling flat on his face out of the back of the truck with the word "WRONG" in the upper right hand corner, as if you couldn't figure out that if you fell flat on your face you did it wrong. It was halarious. I kept that page, still have it today. I was told that the other service personel believe that the army personel are stupid, but that reg tells me that even the army thinks they are stupid.

Note: This does not mean that I believe they are stupid.

I agree with the first two sentences. You lose your mind in the third and come somewhat back to Earth in the last one.

You wish to denigrate the obvious because it doesn't suit you to see it. Nobody in their right mind joins the Marine Corps for any other reason than to be the best. Period. The recruiters offer you the opportunity to become a Marine IF you make it through boot camp.

Most people Mr Bass knows joined the Marines solely because they have the best uniforms of the military branches and they look forward to a challenging bootcamp.

People join the Air Force to learn a skill they sell at United Airlines when their time's up.

Yeah sure, you're on that crack again. Our Security Forces personnel do a lot of dirty work jobs that people don't recognize and it isn't just guarding gates and airfields either. Our pilots transport troops to battles, fight battles in the sky , bomb targets from the sky, etc, none of those things are skills designed to get a job at United Airlines. You're a retard that doesn't like airmen.

None of which has anything to do with the requirement to win a war. You are incorrect about that as well though.

The Army and Marines can win a war without the Air Force. Since the Marines are the Navy's dirtywork guys and they're our ride, we need them and they need us.

However, you can bomb whoever into oblivion for months, just as happened in the First Gulf War and it ain't won and not one inch taken without boots on the ground. We can accomplish that mission without you. You cannot accomplish that mission without us.

Your job would be made harder if not for the air power provided by the AF, period. You can talk all that gung ho crap all you like but there is no denying reality.

You're supposed to be an officer? Funny .... Marine officers have a better understanding of basic strategy.:eusa_whistle:

That's right, a signal/communications officer, indeed. One that doesn't buy into that fraternity, gung ho crap spouted by a dumb jarhead.

Most people Mr Bass knows joined the Marines solely because they have the best uniforms of the military branches and they look forward to a challenging bootcamp.

Yeah sure, you're on that crack again. Our Security Forces personnel do a lot of dirty work jobs that people don't recognize and it isn't just guarding gates and airfields either. Our pilots transport troops to battles, fight battles in the sky , bomb targets from the sky, etc, none of those things are skills designed to get a job at United Airlines. You're a retard that doesn't like airmen.

Your job would be made harder if not for the air power provided by the AF, period. You can talk all that gung ho crap all you like but there is no denying reality.

That's right, a signal/communications officer, indeed. One that doesn't buy into that fraternity, gung ho crap spouted by a dumb jarhead.

You still here? Save the sales pitch. I grew up in the Air Force and almost joined the Air Force. I'm aware of what the Air Force does.

CommO, huh? Well, that explains YOU. So basically all your posturing and blowing smoke boils down to the inferiority complex of a REMF, huh? .:lol:

You still here? Save the sales pitch. I grew up in the Air Force and almost joined the Air Force. I'm aware of what the Air Force does.

CommO, huh? Well, that explains YOU. So basically all your posturing and blowing smoke boils down to the inferiority complex of a REMF, huh? .:lol:

Signal and communication isn't just carrying around radios and talking on them like you jarheads do, its about ensuring that people can communicate in battle during wartime and making sure all equipment is in operational order, as well as internet access, telephone support, communication equipment in aircraft.

Signal and communication isn't just carrying around radios and talking on them like you jarheads do, its about ensuring that people can communicate in battle during wartime and making sure all equipment is in operational order, as well as internet access, telephone support, communication equipment in aircraft.

Y'think?:badgrin:

All of this childish crap about "you become a Marine, but the other services are so-so" is dumb.

If you are going to call me out, use my name. When you speak with recruiters you will see that the emphasis is on WIIFM. When you speak to a Marine recruiter you will see that he is challenging you to become a Marine. It is a fundamental difference in mindset.

I did beaucoup cross ops with other services. Each was professional and dedicated in a unique manner. But, each acknowledged that Marines are different in fundamental ways from the other services. I've known some very hard charging Soldiers and Airmen. But their primary emphasis was on what they did as opposed to who they were.

Most people Mr Bass knows joined the Marines solely because they have the best uniforms of the military branches and they look forward to a challenging bootcamp. Those are true statements. But, deep down inside in that place where no one else can see..... they had something to prove to themselves.

Yeah sure, you're on that crack again. Our Security Forces personnel do a lot of dirty work jobs that people don't recognize and it isn't just guarding gates and airfields either. True. They also form defensive perimiters around airbases in the field. They also process POW's in thier AO. Know how I know this? I used to be an aggressor/instructor while on I&I duty at Dyess AFB. We would tear hell out of their defensive setups and then walk them thru the exact sequence of failures. They learned well. 7th SFS was a hard chargin unit by USAF standards.

Your job would be made harder if not for the air power provided by the AF, period. You can talk all that gung ho crap all you like but there is no denying reality. Actually, we do our own CAS in virtually all cases. Our pilots (both fixed and rotor) understand the term "danger close". The USAF provides a strategic use of Air Power. But, of all the services, only the US Army can truly be able to win the whole war without anyone else. They are the only ones with the bayonets, and the logistics ability, to get it done. But, if it needs killing right here, right now, gimmie a call.

The last item, bolded above, explains the whole point better than I can. Since you don't buy it, I can only guess that your subordinates don't either. I hope you can trust em standing behind you with a loaded weapon. I hope that if you ever have to yell "follow me" that you don't feel the need to look back real quick to be sure they did.

If you are going to call me out, use my name. When you speak with recruiters you will see that the emphasis is on WIIFM. When you speak to a Marine recruiter you will see that he is challenging you to become a Marine. It is a fundamental difference in mindset.

I did beaucoup cross ops with other services. Each was professional and dedicated in a unique manner. But, each acknowledged that Marines are different in fundamental ways from the other services. I've known some very hard charging Soldiers and Airmen. But their primary emphasis was on what they did as opposed to who they were.

The last item, bolded above, explains the whole point better than I can. Since you don't buy it, I can only guess that your subordinates don't either. I hope you can trust em standing behind you with a loaded weapon. I hope that if you ever have to yell "follow me" that you don't feel the need to look back real quick to be sure they did.

If an Air Force leader ever yelled follow me (an unlikely event to be sure) then you can bet those he/she is addressing would first hold a meeting to decide what the leader actually meant by those words with multiple followup meetings to determine who should be on the "Follow Me!" working group and exactly what tasks should be planned for with action officers assigned for each task. All would be fully documented with appropriate powerpoint slides with a decision brief submitted for approval to to the working group lead who would then suggest changes and slide rebuild. Once those changes were incorporated the leader would be briefed by the "Follow Me!" working group. At the end of that briefing woud be a request for funding. Until such funding was received, the "Follow Me!" working group would standby and fill their time with more meetings to refine funding requirements, develop alternate courses of action should funding not be received and hope like hell the leader is transferred or retires before any actual "following" has to be done by anyone.

Interesting comments on this thread, as far as the Air Force goes it would depend on what your goals are and I tend to agree the Air Force is more oriented to personnel and technology and how the two combined effect the overall mission. I have yet to meet an Air Force pilot who can compete with a Naval or Marine Corps Aviator when it comes to pure Aviation skills. Thus the reason you need all that concrete to set those birds down on. If you ask a Marine who is the toughest son of a bitch they have ever met, they will , well at least some of them will tell you a Navy Corpsman, however if you ask a Navy Officer who attended OCS they will tell you that bastard of a Gunny that liked to crease your forehead with the smokey the bear hat. The point here is this, if your desire is to be in a team oriented environment that offers you physical and mental stress with great rewards and a life long brotherhood then go with the Marines. If your desire is to learn a technical skill that you can apply on your own then perhaps the Air Force is the way to go. However, if you want the best of both worlds then join the Navy,learn your technical skills, pick a combat skill that allows you to to have the best of both worlds. Sorry folks had to throw one in there for the Navy.

If an Air Force leader ever yelled follow me (an unlikely event to be sure) then you can bet those he/she is addressing would first hold a meeting to decide what the leader actually meant by those words with multiple followup meetings to determine who should be on the "Follow Me!" working group and exactly what tasks should be planned for with action officers assigned for each task. All would be fully documented with appropriate powerpoint slides with a decision brief submitted for approval to to the working group lead who would then suggest changes and slide rebuild. Once those changes were incorporated the leader would be briefed by the "Follow Me!" working group. At the end of that briefing woud be a request for funding. Until such funding was received, the "Follow Me!" working group would standby and fill their time with more meetings to refine funding requirements, develop alternate courses of action should funding not be received and hope like hell the leader is transferred or retires before any actual "following" has to be done by anyone.

:clap2:
:rofl:

If you want a high standard of living, short deployments, skills that are highly useful in the civilian world, and better looking women ... oh and don't care much for exercise ... go Air Force.

If you think you are G.I. Joe, like action, guns, physical challenges, and don't mind digging holes to shit in ... go Marines.

If you want a high standard of living, short deployments, skills that are highly useful in the civilian world, and better looking women ... oh and don't care much for exercise ... go Air Force.

If you think you are G.I. Joe, like action, guns, physical challenges, and don't mind digging holes to shit in ... go Marines.

Don't be coy. If you like arguing with Marines and driving them all over the world just to ensure they share your misery in tin cans bobbing in the water, join the Navy!:lol:

Don't be coy. If you like arguing with Marines and driving them all over the world just to ensure they share your misery in tin cans bobbing in the water, join the Navy!:lol:

9 months at Keesler watching the Navy march around base and I still have no freakin' clue what the heck their cadence is saying.

It sounds like a damn Cab Calloway song ...

Hidehidehidehi (hidehidehidehi)
Hodehodehodeho (hodehodehodeho)
Hedehedehedehe (hedehedehedehe)
Hidehidehideho (hidehidehideho)

9 months at Keesler watching the Navy march around base and I still have no freakin' clue what the heck their cadence is saying.

It sounds like a damn Cab Calloway song ...

Hidehidehidehi (hidehidehidehi)
Hodehodehodeho (hodehodehodeho)
Hedehedehedehe (hedehedehedehe)
Hidehidehideho (hidehidehideho)

The navy doesn't march, they simply roll like they were at sea.

This is one thing I will agree on with the Marines, while marching is not something the Navy is noted for or for that matter spends a lot of time doing, I don't think the Marines care much about that when they are calling that Navy Aviator to give them Close Air Support or care much about those Navy marching skills when that Navy SAR crewman is pulling that Marine out of the drink or yelling for that Navy Corpsman. While all those marching skills teach teamwork and look real nice on a grinder or passing in review I sure hope you Marine types are not using that as a argument here as one more reason for that young to join the Marines.

OohRah for the Corpsman. But, for those in the Navy that insisted on reminding me that I was part of the "Department of the Navy" I can only say..... "Yeah, the men's Department"

Marching is like uniforms. Falls in under "stylin and profilin" :lol:

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back