Air Force One Pilot Calls It Quits

Hey, Pogo and Shittaro, what did you too fly?:lol:

I find it interesting that when Bush was president, not many times do I remember Laura being called a bitch etc.

Since Obama has been elected, all some of the turds on the right can do is call Michelle Obama names.

Poor losers and asswipes I guess come in the right size.

A pilot that can't spell two, wow, very impressive. Who filled out your flight plans for you?

I would call her a racist c**t but I try not to use the second word, it drives women as crazy as blacks get when you call them a n*****r. Laura Bush is a decent, caring woman with class, the opposite of Hillary or Michelle...... not even liberals were that stupid to call her a bitch.

I might, I really might.

Our son who is 11 (yes late in life kid) is in the USNSC program and at one of the two air bases they group up out of, there is a flying school which has a program for kids as well. It would be a neat deal to do it with him. He has shown some interest and has gone up with some of the pilots. Who knows. Sorry to hear about the bike accident, knees, shoulders and things can linger for years unfortunately.

A great way to bond and instill a some great values in your son while you work together on a common goal. It can be expensive but if you do what my brothers and I have done, you can get plenty of hours for less by buying an old plane with others. We picked up a solid Clipper for 16,000 bucks, we are putting 20 grand into it. For 36 thousand we will have a better than new airplane that can carry 2 people with luggage. We pulled off the fabric and took it apart down to the frame. We had it checked and re-welded where needed. New leather interior, new stainless steel cables, pulleys, gas lines, Windshield, custom windows and 4 point harnesses. The biggest improvement will be replacing the 115 hp engine with a 150 hp. The fuel consumption will suffer a bit but it will be a lot more fun and safe. With the powerplant it has now, it burns 6 gallons of non ethanol car gas an hour. It will probably go to 7 or 8.

The rebuild could be a huge thing for the both of you. A Piper Vagabond is an airplane a lot like the Clipper but is lighter with a smaller engine. It burns about 4 gallons of car gas an hour but even more important, it qualifies in the sport flying category....... less hours to get a license which makes it cheaper and quicker. It's a great way to fly and work towards a full license.
What's great is the work and money you put into these older aircraft is usually recouped when you sell them for more than you put into it. Ours will be worth closer to 45 grand when it's finished.

Yeah.......flying a Cessna is cool, piloting a glider (and doing hammerheads) is WAY COOL, and flying a helo is a bit scary......really easy to get behind the aircraft.

But........if ya wanna REALLY have fun........try FA-18's.

Oh yeah.......skydiving and bungee jumping are way fun also.

Actually I do, I learned how to fly in a Piper Warrior and have flown an assortment of other aircraft. My brothers and I are rebuilding a 1949 Clipper, should be back in the air by this Summer, better than when it first came off of the assembly line. My brother and I are going to take it to Alaska...... I'll post the photographs so you can critique them.

I come from a family of pilots, my father flew fighters for 20 years in the United States Air Force and instructed for the last nine years of his military career. He then flew corporate jets for 20 more years before retiring to radio control pattern ships. Three brothers were airline Captains, 2 have retired, 1 hated every minute he was flying and took an early retirement opportunity. The third is still flying 737s.

I have flown in numerous helicopters when I worked for Transworld Drilling and they would send me offshore to photograph and do as-built drawings of their rigs, they fly like shit and I hated every second I was on them.

Yes Dump, I do work on the ramp for an airline, I am certainly not ashamed of it, I enjoy it a great deal and I am sure I am in a hell of a lot better shape than you are. I can fly to China first class for 200 bucks, if I actually wanted to and I pay 76 dollars a month for Health, Dental and eye care. I just need to work 12 hours a week to maintain those benefits, certainly a great trade off. It works well with our golf business where I illustrate and shoot the photography for books we produce.

You on the other hand pretend to be a writer even though your posts are not only sophomoric, your spelling is pathetic. Somehow you find the time to molest children and sheep, I don't know how you cope with your addictions.

And yet I don't have to collect bags for a living instead of doing what I am trained for...go figure

as Lou Gossett said in An Officer and Gentlemen "There are only two things in Texas, steers and queers, and you ain't got horns."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah.......flying a Cessna is cool, piloting a glider (and doing hammerheads) is WAY COOL, and flying a helo is a bit scary......really easy to get behind the aircraft.

But........if ya wanna REALLY have fun........try FA-18's.

Oh yeah.......skydiving and bungee jumping are way fun also.
skidiving, i would like to try, bungee jumping, no way
in skidiving they teach you how to pack your own chute, in bungee jumping, you sign away all responsibility from those who control everything
no thanks

CBS) Try to guess how many flights President Bush has flown on Air Force One since taking office.

It’s 1,675 - more than 200 flights in each of the last eight years.

And on nearly all of those flights, Col. Mark Tillman, 51, was at the controls of Air Force One.

But now, he’s got just one mission left for George W. Bush - to fly him home to Texas on Tuesday as the former president. The aircraft will be the familiar 747-400 that routinely serves as Air Force One, but that won’t be its radio call-sign on Tuesday afternoon, since Mr. Bush will be out of office. The flight home is a military courtesy to the former commander-in-chief.

Air Force One Pilot Calls It Quits , Pilot Who Flew George W. Bush Nearly 2,000 Times, Including On 9/11, To Retire From Air Force - CBS News

The GOP appointed nothing but right wing neo cons to every position possible the last 8 years. No way I'd have this right wing nut job flying me if I were Obama. He might take the plane down.

in skidiving they teach you how to pack your own chute, in bungee jumping, you sign away all responsibility from those who control everything
no thanks

don't do it. It's crazy to jump out of an airplane on purpose!

The GOP appointed nothing but right wing neo cons to every position possible the last 8 years. No way I'd have this right wing nut job flying me if I were Obama. He might take the plane down.

You are a seriously sick individual!

no thanks

Skydiving is pretty cool.....nothing like screaming through the air at 120 mph, punching holes in the sky.

Bungee jumping? The first time I tried it, I screamed like a chick all the way down to the bottom.......however.......the coolest feeling I've ever had was getting snapped back into the sky.

And no....you can't really control everything in a skydive........shroud lines can get tangled from the air, even if you pack properly.

But......if bungee jumping is too scary, try a thing called a "Sky Slide". It's a 150 ft arc, that has a cable hanging down to 6 ft above the ground, from the center. They put you in a hang glider harness, strap you in, and then pull you to the top of a 100 ft tower. You pull a ripcord (kinda like a parachute), and go swinging down at around 60 - 70 mph, and get as close as 6 ft away from the ground.

Way cool.

A great way to bond and instill a some great values in your son while you work together on a common goal. It can be expensive but if you do what my brothers and I have done, you can get plenty of hours for less by buying an old plane with others. We picked up a solid Clipper for 16,000 bucks, we are putting 20 grand into it. For 36 thousand we will have a better than new airplane that can carry 2 people with luggage. We pulled off the fabric and took it apart down to the frame. We had it checked and re-welded where needed. New leather interior, new stainless steel cables, pulleys, gas lines, Windshield, custom windows and 4 point harnesses. The biggest improvement will be replacing the 115 hp engine with a 150 hp. The fuel consumption will suffer a bit but it will be a lot more fun and safe. With the powerplant it has now, it burns 6 gallons of non ethanol car gas an hour. It will probably go to 7 or 8.

The rebuild could be a huge thing for the both of you. A Piper Vagabond is an airplane a lot like the Clipper but is lighter with a smaller engine. It burns about 4 gallons of car gas an hour but even more important, it qualifies in the sport flying category....... less hours to get a license which makes it cheaper and quicker. It's a great way to fly and work towards a full license.
What's great is the work and money you put into these older aircraft is usually recouped when you sell them for more than you put into it. Ours will be worth closer to 45 grand when it's finished.

Great advice on saving some money. The two guys I know who have small props I may be able to work something out with one of them. We have known each other for years and they don't fly nearly as much as they once did. both of them are my senior, so it may be a way for them to cut costs and help me out as well.

Again, we will see. This economy isn't making it the ideal time, unless the school is willing to bargain due to it, then with might be worth spending the funds right now.

Forum List

Back