Air Conditioning... How do I Love thee?...

We're trying to go without A/C this summer. It's a lot easier to keep it off when your A/C, a huge in-window, unit is sitting in the garage! I lug it in every summer and store in the garage every winter.

We've been using a series of fans to stay cool and taking showers in the evening. It's actually noticeably cooler outside in the evenings compared to our "heat soaked" house so we just open a window and stick a little fan in there to circulate the cool air. There have been a few really hot days when I thought about putting the A/C unit in but I haven't so far.

The payoff? I've lost 5 pounds and my electric bill last month was just $74.

I think we got up to 80 yesterday. It was 77 when I was coming home at about 4. We were out in it with the horses; I dont' think anyone was too hot. The sun and wind here are punishing, though. I hate hot places where the wind blows, it's like being in a furnace. I LIKE super high humidity. It makes my skin have a party.

We're trying to go without A/C this summer. It's a lot easier to keep it off when your A/C, a huge in-window, unit is sitting in the garage! I lug it in every summer and store in the garage every winter.

We've been using a series of fans to stay cool and taking showers in the evening. It's actually noticeably cooler outside in the evenings compared to our "heat soaked" house so we just open a window and stick a little fan in there to circulate the cool air. There have been a few really hot days when I thought about putting the A/C unit in but I haven't so far.

The payoff? I've lost 5 pounds and my electric bill last month was just $74.

Yeah, but what part of the country do you live in?

Heat index of around 100 here. And near 100% humidity.

^Fuck that square in it's Ass...

Ponca City was like 124 with the Heat Index and Hum-didity a couple of years ago when we were there...

You could walk outside and Sweat in a minute... And I mean need a Shower Sweat.

:)

peace...

Thats what its like here, exactly. Just looked at today's forecast.

95 with heat index of 103. 100% humidity. Chance of rain 90%. Likely rainfall amount 0.15 inches.

That means it will rain for about 10 minutes this afternoon, and make things even more humid, sticky, and miserable.

Heat index of around 100 here. And near 100% humidity.

^Fuck that square in it's Ass...

Ponca City was like 124 with the Heat Index and Hum-didity a couple of years ago when we were there...

You could walk outside and Sweat in a minute... And I mean need a Shower Sweat.

peace...

Thats what its like here, exactly. Just looked at today's forecast.

95 with heat index of 103. 100% humidity. Chance of rain 90%. Likely rainfall amount 0.15 inches.

That means it will rain for about 10 minutes this afternoon, and make things even more humid, sticky, and miserable.

I'll say a Prayer for you... :lol:

peace...

Forum List

Back