Air America v. Multiculturals

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by William Joyce, Apr 14, 2004.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    From Drudge...

After just two weeks on the air, Air America Radio, the fledgling liberal talk-radio network featuring Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo, appears to have encountered serious cash-flow problems.

A Chicago source familiar with the situation said a Multicultural representative showed up at WNTD's offices Wednesday morning, kicked out Air America's lone staffer overseeing the network's feed to the station from New York, switched over to a Spanish-language feed, and changed the locks on the doors...

What's funny about all this is that the "liberal" answer to Hannity, Rush, etc., finds itself athwart the minorities. Which proves a point I've been making all along: Liberal v. Conservative is a white thang. If you ain't La Raza, it don't matter how much you support Kerry. The white liberals are as deluded as white conservatives about how "racially sensitive" they are.

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Cash problems after 2 weeks? :laugh:

I guess they figured listeners would be lining up to donate money to the show.

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't there a sound bite about them expecting to lose over 7 million for a year or so and then ramp up?

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Air America is going down in flames... ha ha ha ha ha!

Welcome to the world of BUSINESS, where you don't get equal time in the name of fairness - you have to pay for it, or else!

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    dang if i had known this thread existed i wouldnt have started the other one. you need to label these things better:p