"Ain't it awful"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wry Catcher, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,140
    It seems the hoi polloi of conservative Republicans and conservative independents are bereft of ideas. Never have I read a post from this class which suggests thought, all (and I'm not engaging in hyperbole) of their comments are negative.
    They, as a group, never define problems - though they always blame (fill in the blank, liberals, Democrats, progresssives, women, non-whites, immigrants, Muslims, Jews) and never accept responsibility for problems or errors.
    Typically they post the daily talking points, propaganda, lies, half-truths and rumors issued by leaders of the Republican Party (and The Dear Leader of the Republicans seems to be Rush Limbaugh).
    Just once it would be nice if someone, anyone, who defines themselve as a conservative would define a serious problems (such as health care) and suggest real world solutions.

2. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    I am not a conservative but will nevertheless accept your invitation.

Healthcare has been regulated by the government since 1840.

But , in spite of that, it was substantially affordable before 1965, before the Medicare/Medicaid wet into effect.

Accordingly, the answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, ....get government at all levels the fuck out of healthcare

Let the invisible hand of the FREE MARKET regulate healthcare or forever hold your peace and pay the consequences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. concept

concept Evil Mongering

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +340
    and there goes the race card again..

What a shocker.

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    "Ain't it awful"
    It seems the hoi polloi of Liberal Democrats and Liberal Independents are bereft of ideas. Never have I read a post from this class which suggests thought, all (and I'm not engaging in hyperbole) of their comments are negative.
    They, as a group, never define problems - though they always blame (fill in the blank, Conservatives, Christians, White People, America, Americans) and never accept responsibility for problems or errors.
    Typically they post the daily talking points, propaganda, lies, half-truths and rumors issued by leaders of the Democrat Party (and The Dear Leader of the Democrats is Obama).
    Just once it would be nice if someone, anyone, who defines themselve as a Liberal would define a serious problems (such as National Security or the Economy) and suggest real world solutions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Mr. Peepers

Mr. Peepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Right.... like the deregulated banks - THAT'S who we want doling out life and death treatment - greedy & corrupt CEO's. Oh wait... that's what's happening now... Do you people pay attention at all???

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    Excuse , how much research did you do before posting that asinine response. Have you ever heard of the Federal Reserve Board? When was it established? What does it regulate?

7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,636
    I have a real world solution. Get up off yer lazy azz and work for what you want. That's what the rest of us do.

8. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,140
    A real world solution to national security? That's pretty easy. Where are the threats, and why are we threatened? Once defined, enlightened leaders can structure a foreign policy appropriately. We can refrain from calling our adversaries evil, seek common goals and work towards peaceful and mutually beneficial solutions.
    You know, it's not as if a terrorist attack on our country was unexpected, it was the stuff of novels and made for TV movies for years before 9/11.
    George W. Bush did nothing to prevent 9/11 and his actions subsequently have only exacerbated terrorism world wide. Rather than strengthen our defenses, Mr. Bush has squandered them, along with the lives of over 4,500 members of our armed forces.
    Jingos, because that's what today's conservatives are, see the world through a very narrow lens, I suspect, because at their core they are scared. Fear of those who look different, worship a different way, fear of change, and especially fear of ideas that challenge them to question their beliefs.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,266
    I couldn't agree with you more...
    Why do we keep giving tax breaks to the wealthy?
    Make them get off their azz and work for it

10. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,852
    Yeah, we did that after the first WTC attack.

How'd that work out for us?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1