AIM: im getting this message. is it safe?

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
Upgrade to the Newest Version of AIM!

In just a couple of days you will no longer be able to use the version of AIM you are on. To avoid a lapse in service, you must upgrade now. Don't worry, the upgrade process is quick and painless - we promise.

What's new in AIM?
-Lighter, Faster & Just Plain Better
-Chat with your Facebook friends
-Combine all your social networks into one with Lifestream.

Upgrade Now

is it ok to click on upgrade now?

In just a couple of days you will no longer be able to use the version of AIM you are on. To avoid a lapse in service, you must upgrade now. Don't worry, the upgrade process is quick and painless - we promise.

What's new in AIM?

Upgrade Now

The message means that America Online will not support the previous version you have been using after a certain date. The America Online Instant Messenger software is known to have spyware and malware.

What's new in AIM?

Upgrade Now

The message means that America Online will not support the previous version you have been using after a certain date. The America Online Instant Messenger software is known to have spyware and malware.

Thats not good, but I think as long as you scan the computer for viruses and malware you can tell if you have it and reboot your system or get a antivirus.

I have been getting this same stupid message. I don't understand how i get this IM when im using trillian not AIM. Can somebody help me with this i ran AVG and Malware and nothing showed up.

I have been getting this same stupid message. I don't understand how i get this IM when im using trillian not AIM. Can somebody help me with this i ran AVG and Malware and nothing showed up.
trillion logs in with the AIM server

What Dive is trying to say is that Trillion allows you to log to all the IM programs. So if you have accounts with AIM, Yahoo, etc then they are going to show via Trillion. Maybe you can adjust things in settings??

[youtube]dG5Qk-jB0D4[/youtube]

[youtube]TPQ7KMCrPLE&feature[/youtube]

Last edited:
I think i have given up maybe i should call a psychic. Never had this problem until recently i used to use an older version of trillian 3.0 or 3.1. I've used the new version of aim 7.0 or whatever i finally got trillian astra to work that boots me the new version of aim boots me and a friend suggested digsby i tried that and get booted on there too. Only thing that seems to work fine is yahoo. I don't know if it's my internet or just something that has to do with aim itself. The servers can't be that bad just seems like anything connected with having to load an aim buddy list isn't working.

Forum List

Back