Aig

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
So back on September 17th, the government agreed to bailout AIG for $85 billion.

Somewhere along the way, that number got revised upwards to $123 billion.

Now, according to the Wall Street Journal, the number has been revised yet again to $150 billion. That's almost double the amount of money that we agreed to not even 90 days ago - and you're telling me Bush doesn't want to spend one dime on Detroit???

What the hell is going on here?

Government, AIG Near a Pact To Scrap Original Rescue Deal - WSJ.com

AIG is priority, AIG is one of the financial institutes that lends money to numerous banks and other financial institutes all across America.

letting AIG go down the drain would only lead to a huge domino effect.

its just common sense.

So back on September 17th, the government agreed to bailout AIG for $85 billion.

Now, according to the Wall Street Journal, the number has been revised yet again to $150 billion. That's almost double the amount of money that we agreed to not even 90 days ago - and you're telling me Bush doesn't want to spend one dime on Detroit???

The Democrats and a few Neoconservatives are in power. Why does this surprise you?

AIG is priority, AIG is one of the financial institutes that lends money to numerous banks and other financial institutes all across America.

letting AIG go down the drain would only lead to a huge domino effect.

its just common sense.

uhh... try again. AIG is an insurance company. They don't lend money to institutions.

google aig please, then rant.

I don't need to Google AIG. I know what AIG is. I've been watching the news. AIG companies are the largest underwriters of commercial and industrial insurance and AIG American General is a top-ranked life insurer.

I don't need to Google AIG. I know what AIG is. I've been watching the news. AIG companies are the largest underwriters of commercial and industrial insurance and AIG American General is a top-ranked life insurer.

watching sean hannity and bill o'reilly makes u an economist?

17, close tho :eusa_clap:

HA! Man, when I was 17 I was out chasing as much tail as I could get. I miss those days. Don't hang around here too much or you'll never have them. Remember, it's not statitory rape if it's consensual!

uhh... try again. AIG is an insurance company. They don't lend money to institutions.

Actually, you just made yourself look like a complete jackass. AIG owns Ocean Finance, American General Finance, International Lease Finance Corporation, AIG Global Real Estate Investment Corporation, and Lincoln Property Company. All companies that offer lending service in one shape or another. Insurance is just one thing they do.

Forum List

Back