AIG CEO compares criticism of bonuses to lynching in the Old South

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Seriously, the next time you conservatives wonder why I despise Wall Street so much, I'm just going to remind you of this.

AIG CEO Compares Criticism of Wall Street Bonuses to Jim Crow Lynchings - DailyFinance

Bank executives have spent the years since the financial collapse defending their industry's fat bonuses against criticism. AIG CEO Robert Benmosche just went way off the deep end in trying to defend those bonuses.

Benmosche recently sat down with the Wall Street Journal to chat about the efforts he's taken since to stabilize AIG, which was bailed out by the government. And today the paper posted some quotes that were cut from the original piece, including an inflammatory take on the bonus controversy.

The bonus controversy, he told the paper, "was intended to stir public anger, to get everybody out there with their pitch forks and their hangman nooses, and all that–sort of like what we did in the Deep South [decades ago]. And I think it was just as bad and just as wrong."

That's right: Criticizing millionaire bank executives for getting excessive bonuses is "just as bad" as Jim Crow-era lynchings.

Seriously, you can't make this shit up.

It's an apt comparison.

Group A - Wanted their right to vote and have recourse to the law.

Group B - Insisted on obscene bonuses when the taxpayers bailed them out after they wrecked the economy.

Ummmm....

Remove Graphic Image

Yeah, not seeing it being quite the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, how dare they compare the murder of a black child by a racist with no legal consequences...

to the murder of black people by racists with no legal consequences.

I mean, that's just crazy talk, it's not like they are the same thing or anything.

Oh, wait.

Okay- Emmett Till was killed for whistling at a White Woman.
Trayvon Martin was killed for being in the 'wrong' neighborhood.

The way democrats use "income inequality" to stir up hatred and violence, he's more right than wrong.

Seriously, the next time you conservatives wonder why I despise Wall Street so much, I'm just going to remind you of this.

AIG CEO Compares Criticism of Wall Street Bonuses to Jim Crow Lynchings - DailyFinance

Bank executives have spent the years since the financial collapse defending their industry's fat bonuses against criticism. AIG CEO Robert Benmosche just went way off the deep end in trying to defend those bonuses.

Benmosche recently sat down with the Wall Street Journal to chat about the efforts he's taken since to stabilize AIG, which was bailed out by the government. And today the paper posted some quotes that were cut from the original piece, including an inflammatory take on the bonus controversy.

The bonus controversy, he told the paper, "was intended to stir public anger, to get everybody out there with their pitch forks and their hangman nooses, and all that–sort of like what we did in the Deep South [decades ago]. And I think it was just as bad and just as wrong."

That's right: Criticizing millionaire bank executives for getting excessive bonuses is "just as bad" as Jim Crow-era lynchings.

Seriously, you can't make this shit up.

I don't give a shit about Trayvon Martin....but these AIG assholes...they can go fuck themselves...with a chainsaw.

The way democrats use "income inequality" to stir up hatred and violence, he's more right than wrong.

But the fact remains there is income inequality. How and who (Republicans) made that happen is the question. Having Benmosche thumb his nose doesn't help.

And yet, sadly, not a single wall street bonus baby has been lynched.

Why would you want to lynch him or anyone on wall street. It's not them who made what they did possible. It's the sociopath voters that spout 'big government', 'over-regulation', 'eliminate minimum wage' that's the cause. The same folks who hate socialized medicine but medicare truly has kept them alive to long.

Forum List

Back