AIG bonus payments now up to $218 million in taxpayer dollars

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Documents turned over to the Connecticut attorney general show that American International Group Inc paid out over $218 million in bonuses, more than the previously disclosed $165 million, published reports said on Saturday.

The reports said the documents were turned over to Attorney General Richard Blumenthal's office late on Friday in response to a subpoena.

The documents show that bonuses of at least $1 million were paid to 73 people, and five received more than $4 million.

The giant insurance company has been widely criticized for granting bonuses after receiving federal bailout funds exceeding $180 billion.

AIG bonus payments $218 million - Boston.com

I am Jack's burning rage.

That's still less than .25% of what we gave them in total. It's all smoke and mirrors. They are trying to keep you off the bigger things. Like the trillions going out the door in other ways. Why tell the people about the trillions when you can keep our minds tied up with the millions that they set into motion.

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Documents turned over to the Connecticut attorney general show that American International Group Inc paid out over $218 million in bonuses, more than the previously disclosed $165 million, published reports said on Saturday.

The reports said the documents were turned over to Attorney General Richard Blumenthal's office late on Friday in response to a subpoena.

The documents show that bonuses of at least $1 million were paid to 73 people, and five received more than $4 million.

The giant insurance company has been widely criticized for granting bonuses after receiving federal bailout funds exceeding $180 billion.

And what... Do their families deserve to get death threats over that? What about the piano wire?

Sounds like a witch hunt to keep us off of what they are really doing...

All the government has to do is take what ever amount was paid out in bonus out of the next bailout check. Now you know there is going to be another don't you? Just deduct the bonus money..

All the government has to do is take what ever amount was paid out in bonus out of the next bailout check. Now you know there is going to be another don't you? Just deduct the bonus money..

or simply say ...sorry no more money for you guys....

Next question. Why were the documents turned over to the Conn. Attorney General. Is AIG based in Conn.?

And what... Do their families deserve to get death threats over that?

No.

What about the piano wire?

What about it? Crazy people live in our society. What makes you think I have to answer for them?

Ok ... I'll hold down being pissed about AIG just giving 73 people a million dollars and 5 people more than 4 million dollars OF OUR MONEY. I invite you to figure out what they are doing with the rest of it.

No.

What about it? Crazy people live in our society. What makes you think I have to answer for them?

Ok ... I'll hold down being pissed about AIG just giving 73 people a million dollars and 5 people more than 4 million dollars OF OUR MONEY. I invite you to figure out what they are doing with the rest of it.

aig passed it out to their various financial subsidiaries......

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/economicsunbound/archives/2009/03/german_and_fren.html#more

now google the group of thirty and compare the members list with the aig distribution list......

Last edited:

No.

aig passed it out to their various financial subsidiaries......

Is it documented dollar for dollar anywhere?

Next question. Why were the documents turned over to the Conn. Attorney General. Is AIG based in Conn.?

Yes.

ETA: Their Financial Products are, anyway.

American International Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

new york

AIG Financial Products Headquarters Address
50 Danbury Road
Wilton, CT 06897-4444
United States
Phone: 203-222-4700
Secondary Phone: 800-248-7927
Fax: 203-222-4780

http://www.linkedin.com/companies/aig-financial-products

No.

And are you ok with people like Frank asking for a list of their names and not promising to keep them confidental? Since when is it OK to act the way they did in the AIG hearings this last week? When the ones holding the hearings are the ones that caused the issue. OR how about the fact that the whole hearing and taking a of Congress's time will cost more than the $218 Million. It's all a big waist of our money.

It's time to clear them all out. DC is broken and all need to go.

No.

And are you ok with people like Frank asking for a list of their names and not promising to keep them confidental?

Again, no. If these people's lives are in danger then they should be kept confidential but I think we should get that money back. But doesn't it piss you off that they are taking this money and hiding behind someone's skirt? If they voluntarily give the money back they should be given a damn medal. But that ain't gonna happen now is it?

Since when is it OK to act the way they did in the AIG hearings this last week?When the ones holding the hearings are the ones that caused the issue. OR how about the fact that the whole hearing and taking a of Congress's time will cost more than the $218 Million. It's all a big waist of our money.

You seem really hell bent on attacking Congress which is fine, I agree that they are a group of total fuck ups and deserve a big chunk of the blame here. But why are you asking me to answer for them? I didn't vote for any of those mother fuckers. Yeah, Congress gave them the money but AIG is in the wrong as well for the irresponsible way in which they are spending our money. How about you acknowledge that shit?

It's time to clear them all out. DC is broken and all need to go.

I agree and it's also time to tell AIG, sorry, no more money for you. If you come back for more, tough shit. We're going to break you up into iddy biddy pieces and start all over.

Forum List

Back