AI development

Should I go into AI development? I am a software engineer but AI may make me obsolete I fear. Is AI development the future?
In a sense AI development is software engineering tied to a specific application. The basis of current AI is largely trained artificial neural networks. If you want to get into the creative depths you might have to take a graduate course in neural network techniques. Otherwise you would be assigned coding tasks defined by an expert.

I would suggest that you keep at what you are doing if you like it. You can always switch to the ground level of an AI research group later if the time is right for you. Then work your way up.

Remember HAL in 2001 The AI computer on the ship , took over the ship and started killing the Astronauts. The AI computer did not want to be disconnected.!?

Should I go into AI development? I am a software engineer but AI may make me obsolete I fear. Is AI development the future?
Probably. In the future we won't have to work. Not physical labor. Why work if you can have AI do it for you. But I do fear it because someone will develop evil AI that can't be turned off or stopped and it will view us as a threat.

But we can't NOT develop AI. As humans we must test the limits. One day who knows what AI could lead us to discovering. Maybe how to travel the speed of light. Who knows? But it could be our end.

Nope....
Database management.

AI is worthless without a good database to pull information from. And the quality of that information is crucial.
One area of AI that concerns me is predicting human behavior. Are we more than the sum of our heredity and environment?

I don't believe you are a software engineer. I don't think you can explain software engineering principles and about programming languages, let alone about troubleshooting and maintenance schedules.

One area of AI that concerns me is predicting human behavior. Are we more than the sum of our heredity and environment?
AI is not that great in predicting human behavior....

Ever heard of information bubbles? That's AI at work. Because social media platforms work to keep you engaged and it keeps pumping information about a single topic at you to keep your interactions up.

Until you get tired of hearing about it.

Then you abandon the platform altogether.

But other AIs are watching you and creating a prediction based solely on past performance.

Go to Google and type in "Climate Change is"
And then look at what the suggested auto fill is

I've confused my auto fill so much it doesn't know what to offer anymore. It's never anything I want. So it is having a nervous breakdown....even my vocabulary suggestions have gotten hostile lately because I operate with an extensive vocabulary that is larger than my phone knows how to spell or suggest.

Creating AI requires software engineering. AI systems are developed using programming languages, algorithms, and software development methodologies, just like any other software.

AI development often requires teams of software engineers, data scientists, and domain experts who work together to create AI models that can learn from data and improve their performance over time.

Software engineering principles like scalability, maintainability, and robustness are essential for building AI systems that can handle large amounts of data, operate in real-time, and adapt to changing conditions.

Moreover, AI development requires expertise in areas like machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, and robotics, which all rely heavily on software engineering principles.

So,If you are really a software engineer, you are not supposed to worry about your own future( career ). Yeah, software engineers always needed! :)

Dell has me using Java Spring for the server side TS for the client side. I have done full stack with python using Anvil. The only AI I have done is creating algorithms with Jupiter notebook

Forum List

Back