Ahmadinejad smacks down Obama

Here is something from someone who has actually been to Iran, rather than the Neoconservative morons who know fuck all about the area of culture.

Iran? The U.S. should mind its own business | Salon News

The neocons know nothing about Iran, nothing about the culture of Iran. They have no interest in understanding Iran, in speaking to any Iranian other than Iranian exiles who support the idea of invasions -- I'll call them Iranian Chalabis. It's offensive, even to an Iranian American like me. These are people who would have actually preferred to have Ahmadinejad as president so they could continue to demonize him and were worried, as some wrote in Op-Eds, that Mousavi would be a distraction and would make it easier for Iranians to build a nuclear weapon and now all of a sudden they want to be on his side? Go away.

I'm not saying Obama is the most knowledgeable person on Iran, but he's obviously getting good advice right now. He understands way more about the culture of the Middle East than any of the neocons. For them to be lecturing President Obama is a joke. I have criticized Obama; for instance, I criticized him for having a patronizing tone in his Persian New Year message. But right now I think he's doing a good job. The John McCains of the world, they're Ahmadinejad's useful idiots. They're doing a great job for him.

Read it and actually learn something for once.

Oh...that was so enlightening...NOT

I suppose people DYING IN THE STREETS FOR LIBERTY is just a "cultural thing" in Iran....something that we westerners just "don't understand"....boy...you libs really come up with some real shit...

Wtf? Who was saying that?

You're worried that Ahmedinejad might "use" us? Hell, he already is...but if the majority of Iranians already have voted against the regime how would our voicing support for them hurt their cause? This "cultural" blather is just blather on your part...

Notice the IF. And besides that, even if you take Mousavis numbers, they say that 34% support Ahmadeinjads regime. If it keeps 34% support, the protesters lose. 34% of the populace+ the army means they don't have a prayer. It matters what the Iranian populace thinks.

The government of Iran is brutally killing, beating, and jailing people and suppressing the rights of its citizens...you libs are the first to scream and cry out when it comes to other countries that have human rights problems and want us to interfere with them....so why be silent in this case? Culture?? ....I think not.

Gee, maybe because we installed a dictator in their country. So maybe our voices won't really be taken as a good thing there?

I'm not saying that we need to go into Iran and physically interfere....unless asked....but as the leader of the free world Obama should voice what is right and moral in the name of freedom and human rights.....America has already had a profound effect on the freedom of Middle Easterners and I see no reason why Obama should remain silent about Iranians wanting freedom as well.....but....

You see no reason? I've explained to you multiple times exactly why he shouldn't. Jesus christ, its like talking to a wall.

What exactly is proof that I am a dishonest hack?
because you bitched about "far right wing" yet you posted from salon(far left wing)
:lol:

Actually, why does Dive have to PROVE an opinion?

Umm...you really fail. Badly.

1) It was Yurts opinion, not Dives.

2) He doesn't have to prove an opinion. But he said it was proof for his opinion, and I wanted to know exactly what was proof.

because you bitched about "far right wing" yet you posted from salon(far left wing)
:lol:

2) He doesn't have to prove an opinion. But he said it was proof for his opinion, and I wanted to know exactly what was proof.
and it has already been shown to you
but you are too fucking stupid to get it

and it has already been shown to you
but you are too fucking stupid to get it

No, it hasn't. As usual you are a lying sack of a shit.

farside1.gif

Ahmadinejad Tells Obama Not to Interfere in Iran, Seeks Public Apology

Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called on President Obama on Thursday not to interfere in Iranian affairs after the U.S. president said he was "appalled and outraged" by post-election violence, a news agency reported.

"Mr. Obama made a mistake to say those things ... our question is why he fell into this trap and said things that previously (former U.S. President George W.) Bush used to say," the semi-official Fars News Agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

"Do you want to speak (with Iran) with this tone? If that is your stance then what is left to talk about," said Ahmadinejad. "I hope you avoid interfering in Iran's affairs and express your regret in a way that the Iranian nation is informed of it."

Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called on President Obama on Thursday not to interfere in Iranian affairs after the U.S. president said he was "appalled and outraged" by post-election violence, a news agency reported.

"Mr. Obama made a mistake to say those things ... our question is why he fell into this trap and said things that previously (former U.S. President George W.) Bush used to say," the semi-official Fars News Agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

"Do you want to speak (with Iran) with this tone? If that is your stance then what is left to talk about," said Ahmadinejad. "I hope you avoid interfering in Iran's affairs and express your regret in a way that the Iranian nation is informed of it."

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

That's Fox News for you. I'm sure nobody in the world cares what that Iranian murderer says.

You're pretty pathetic siding with that guy against America too. If it had been a Repub that he said that about, you would be whining all day and night.

Obviously Obama's "appeasement approach" is not working....one teeny criticism and he's instantly on their shit list...

Do you fellows practice being stupid? Appeasement? Just because President Obama does not do the feckless cowboy routine of Bush does not equal appeasement. Empty bluster, such as Conservatives deal in, does not improve a situation such as Iran. It only gives the current autocrats something to scare the people with. President Obama's reasoned approach is part of why the people in Iran feel empowered enough to take on the Mullahs.

That's Fox News for you. I'm sure nobody in the world cares what that Iranian murderer says.

You're pretty pathetic siding with that guy against America too. If it had been a Repub that he said that about, you would be whining all day and night.

Obviously Obama's "appeasement approach" is not working....one teeny criticism and he's instantly on their shit list...

Do you fellows practice being stupid? Appeasement? Just because President Obama does not do the feckless cowboy routine of Bush does not equal appeasement. Empty bluster, such as Conservatives deal in, does not improve a situation such as Iran. It only gives the current autocrats something to scare the people with. President Obama's reasoned approach is part of why the people in Iran feel empowered enough to take on the Mullahs.

Yeah, it's all because of your Messiah, isn't it? you stupid ****.

Are you really claiming that Obama missed a historical opportunity to become the leader of the Iranian people?

This article should explain things quite succinctly for you:

June 19, 2009
Obama's Missed Opportunity in Iran
By Joel B. Pollak

One of the most under-reported facts about the Iranian uprising this week is that the regime has been using foreign paramilitaries to attack pro-democracy demonstrators in the streets of Tehran. Many are apparently drawn from the Iranian-trained Hezb'allah in Lebanon. Buried in a Jerusalem Post article on President Obama's response to the crisis was the revelation that Hamas thugs are on the streets of Tehran as well:
The possibility that Palestinian extremists may be helping to crush democracy in Iran points to the true, fascist nature of Hamas. It also highlights the link between the hegemonic ambitions of the Iranian regime and the persistence of Palestinian terror. The two have become mutually dependent.

The Obama administration believes that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict must be resolved before progress can be made in restraining Iran. As Harvard's Alan Dershowitz has noted, the president "has it exactly backwards." It is Iran's support for Hamas and Hezb'allah that perpetuates the violence on Israel's borders. Iranian nuclear ambitions embolden those groups and make them an even greater threat.

Political change in Iran therefore offers the possibility of killing two birds with one stone -- removing the threat of a nuclear Iran while cutting Hamas and Hezb'allah off from their primary source of weapons, training and money. If freedom triumphs over totalitarian theocracy in Tehran, the struggle for Israel's long-term security and for the democratic future of the Middle East could be won without firing a single shot.

Few predicted that an opportunity to free Iran would come so soon and so suddenly. The Obama administration believed the best approach was to appease the regime by offering talks without preconditions, withdrawing troops from Iraq, and conceding Iran's rise as a nuclear power. Outside the administration, an isolated minority argued for continued military and diplomatic pressure on Iran, the better to encourage the regime's internal opponents.

Obama has clung to his policy despite the radically changed circumstances and the opportunity they offer. Though his descriptions of the regime have hardened, he has refused to back the Iranian people's demands for freedom and democracy.

If ever there were a time for him to show what "tough diplomacy" means, it is now. But our eloquent president cannot find the words to stand up for hope and change.

Instead, Obama has bought time for the regime to rescue itself, declaring, "It is up to Iranians to make a decision about who Iran's leaders will be." That is the same excuse that was offered for years by South Africa's former president, Thabo Mbeki, as he allowed neighboring Zimbabwe to collapse into tyranny and ruin while Robert Mugabe rigged one election after another. In both cases, silence amounts to tacit support of the regime.

President Obama and his congressional allies are in denial -- both about the inherent evil of the Iranian theocracy, and the opportunity that this moment presents. On Sunday, as protestors marched in Tehran, and as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delivered a speech on the prospects of peace, Obama was on the golf course. The next day, he dashed to Chicago to deliver a speech on health care reform -- a crisis so urgent that his administration has yet to put its legislative proposals in writing.

Already, France and Germany have been stronger than the U.S. in their criticism of the Iranian regime. Even prominent voices on the American left are calling on Obama to drop "engagement." But Democrats like Jan Schakowsky of Illinois, who said earlier this month that the U.S. should not support Israel in the event that it felt forced to attack Iran's nuclear facilities, have fallen in behind the president.

Instead of confronting Iran, Obama is picking a fight with Israel. And the United States is missing an opportunity that may not arise again for decades. By standing up for the ideals of freedom and democracy that America cherishes and which he is sworn to uphold, President Obama could have hastened the fall of a terrorist autocracy, ended the threat of a nuclear arms race in the Middle East, and brought peace to Israelis and Arabs alike.

We may long regret the consequences of his failure.

americanthinker.com

Opportunity for whom?? The United States? Here is what real Iranians are saying (just the regular folk). How about we stay the fuck out of it and let THEM decide their own fate?

Iran Updates – June 22 « niacINsight

Forum List

Back