Ahmadinejad allies charged with sorcery

Not if they can make bullshit charges like this stick.

This is why an independent judiciary branch is vital to a free nation's survival.

AGREED...and what chance do they have for that with the Muslim Weird-Beards in charge?

Zero point Zero...

The people will be oppressed until they have had enough. Then there will be bloodshed and the pendulum keeps swinging.

Whatever happens over there needs to come from within. When you look at the youth of Iran, you see a fairly progressive (by comparative standards) group of people who are getting fed up with the oppression.

Indeed...and it brings into focus what the Obama administration has done in the last few months...Egypt, Libya, Syria...a host of others...

Pick and choose time as it relates to Freedom? Liberty?

What are *WE* about anyway? Do WE mean what we say? Or are we just politically expedient?

AGREED...and what chance do they have for that with the Muslim Weird-Beards in charge?

Zero point Zero...

The people will be oppressed until they have had enough. Then there will be bloodshed and the pendulum keeps swinging.

Whatever happens over there needs to come from within. When you look at the youth of Iran, you see a fairly progressive (by comparative standards) group of people who are getting fed up with the oppression.

Indeed...and it brings into focus what the Obama administration has done in the last few months...Egypt, Libya, Syria...a host of others...

What are *WE* about anyway? Do WE mean what we say? Or are we just politically expedient?

What have they done? The events that happened in the Middle East occurred so quickly that I don't think anyone knows how it is going to pan out.

Either way, it all occurred from within.

What we are about, the most important element of our society, is the ability to change the leadership in our country through a legal and proper way without bloodshed every few years. It keeps anyone person or faction from becoming too powerful and corrupt.

Without that, we are nothing.

Last edited:

What have they done? The events that happened in the Middle East occurred so quickly that I don't think anyone knows how it is going to pan out.

What we are about, the most important element of our society, is the ability to change the leadership in our country through a legal and proper way without bloodshed every few years. It keeps anyone person or faction from becoming too powerful and corrupt.

*Concur* and cannot REP you again this date. Sorry.

It's why, IMO, we can't let the legitimacy of elections to be corrupted or questioned by hackery.

When the SCOTUS ruled on Florida in the 2000 election, I shut up about it. The final arbitrator of the land had spoken.

It's why I fervently oppose the birthers. The concept of free and fair elections are the basis of our nation.

As a matter of course G? You realize you now have a stigma seeing that I have repped you positively? :lol:

We all beat each other up on here as a form of entertainment. Though we all disagree on what course to take, if we didn't all want what was best for our country, we wouldn't bother to waste our time on discussing it.

We'd spend our time on a reality TV show site or some banality like that.

The very fact that we participate means we care. That unto itself is noteworthy.

I sent the rep back your way.

It's why, IMO, we can't let the legitimacy of elections to be corrupted or questioned by hackery.

When the SCOTUS ruled on Florida in the 2000 election, I shut up about it. The final arbitrator of the land had spoken.

It's why I fervently oppose the birthers. The concept of free and fair elections are the basis of our nation.

As to Elections...the Electorate, the Electoral College? I concur again. Not even the Congress can override that unless it's by amendment.

The Court decided properly.

As to Elections...the Electorate, the Electoral College? I concur again. Not even the Congress can override that unless it's by amendment.

The entire process. I think the electoral college is an antiquated concept, but it is now part of our system and tradition. I think Jackson was the last person to get screwed over by it, and he stomped his opponent in the next one. You can't suppress the will of the people for long.

Most importantly is that it has all happened without bloodshed (not counting the Civil War).

Lord, I hated GWB. However, I respected that my countrymen voted for him. I really found the "I am leaving" crowd to be obnoxious.

The entire process. I think the electoral college is an antiquated concept, but it is now part of our system and tradition. I think Jackson was the last person to get screwed over by it, and he stomped his opponent in the next one. You can't suppress the will of the people for long.

Most importantly is that it has all happened without bloodshed (not counting the Civil War).

Lord, I hated GWB. However, I respected that my countrymen voted for him. I really found the "I am leaving" crowd to be obnoxious.

It may be antiquated by SOME standards...but it is what separates us from becoming what we fight in other Democracies.

And IF we ever move away from it? We're finished. But we won't until the Constitution is Amended. Are YOU ready for such a convention?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back