Ahmadinejad allies charged with sorcery

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Close allies of Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have been accused of using supernatural powers to further his policies amid an increasingly bitter power struggle between him and the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Several people said to be close to the president and his chief of staff, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, have been arrested in recent days and charged with being "magicians" and invoking djinns (spirits).

Ayandeh, an Iranian news website, described one of the arrested men, Abbas Ghaffari, as "a man with special skills in metaphysics and connections with the unknown worlds".

The arrests come amid a growing rift between Ahmadinejad and Khamenei which has prompted several MPs to call for the president to be impeached.

On Sunday, Ahmadinejad returned to his office after an 11-day walkout in an apparent protest over Khamenei's reinstatement of the intelligence minister, who the president had initially asked to resign.

Ahmadinejad's unprecedented disobedience prompted harsh criticism from conservatives who warned that he might face the fate of Abdulhassan Banisadr, Iran's first post-revolution president who was impeached and exiled for allegedly attempting to undermine clerical power.

Ayatollah Mesbah Yazdi, a hardline cleric close to Khamenei, warned that disobeying the supreme leader – who has the ultimate power in Iran – is equivalent to "apostasy from God".

But the feud has taken a metaphysical turn following the release of an Iranian documentary alleging the imminent return of the Hidden Imam Mahdi – the revered saviour of Shia Islam, whose reappearance is anticipated by believers in a manner comparable to that with which Christian fundamentalists anticipate the second coming of Jesus.

Conservative clerics, who say that the Mahdi's return cannot be predicted, have accused a "deviant current" within the president's inner circle, including Mashaei, of being responsible for the film.

Ahmadinejad's obsession with the hidden imam is well known. He often refers to him in his speeches and in 2009 said that he had documentary evidence that the US was trying to prevent Mahdi's return.

Ahmadinejad allies charged with sorcery | World news | The Guardian

Last edited:
Jesus. Magicians, Sorcers for real??

Talk about a culture stuck in the 6th century.

These guys are gonna have nuclear weapons??

Holy cow!!

Last edited:
Under the Shah, Iran was more of a "secular" country. Once radical Islam took over, of course there will be an increase in "mystical" beliefs. It will always happen when religions run countries.

Look at the right wing and this country. Then want to make "magical creation" an "alternative" to "science". Right wingers believe our laws should move "closer" to Biblical laws.

Now that Radical Islam, with the support and money from American Republicans, has taken over Iraq, and women are imprisoned in Burkas, you will see the same thing there.

Under the Shah, Iran was more of a "secular" country. Once radical Islam took over, of course there will be an increase in "mystical" beliefs. It will always happen when religions run countries.

Look at the right wing and this country. Then want to make "magical creation" an "alternative" to "science". Right wingers believe our laws should move "closer" to Biblical laws.

Now that Radical Islam, with the support and money from American Republicans, has taken over Iraq, and women are imprisoned in Burkas, you will see the same thing there.

Magical creation? WTF is that?

What an idiot.

Daemons and Wizards?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq8nQOhZ3u8]YouTube - Uriah Heep - The Wizard[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4]YouTube - Potter Puppet Pals: The Mysterious Ticking Noise[/ame]

You're a blithering idiot...

Mebbe dat's why he so goofy...
:tongue:
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad 'under a spell', Ayatollah Ali Khamenei says
15 May 2011 - The former spiritual mentor to Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has publicly accused his protégé of being "under a spell" as a constitutional crisis engulfs the country.
The president has taken the unprecedented step of refusing to obey orders handed down by the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, less than two years after the pair formed a powerful political alliance to defeat anti-regime protests that swept the country. Regime elements are taking sides, but the president is looking increasingly isolated as the Revolutionary Guard and the clerical establishment swing behind the Supreme Leader. Even Ayatollah Mohammad-Taqi Mesbah-Yazdi, whose apocalyptic vision of Shia Islam Mr Ahmadinejad is thought to follow, has joined in the criticism. "I've told some of my close friends that I am more than 90 per cent certain that he has been put under a spell," Ayatollah Yazdi told reporters. "This is not natural at all. "No sane person does such things unless his free will has been taken away."

The falling-out of the president and the Supreme Leader, who is supposed to have the final say in all important matters, is the most unexpected development in Iranian politics since the 2009 election and in some ways since the Iranian revolution. The two men, both conservatives, had together pursued a hard line against the unrest following his re-election and the moderate opposition leaders they accused of being behind it. But Ayatollah Khamenei is vigorously opposed to Mr Ahmadinejad's closest confidant, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaie. He succeeded in stopping his appointment a vice-president, only to see him made chief of staff instead.

Last month, Mr Ahmadinejad sacked his intelligence minister, Heydar Moslehi, after discovering Mr Mashaie's telephone was being tapped. After refusing at first to obey orders to reinstate him, he then went on an eight-day strike, refusing to turn up to cabinet meetings. When they resumed, he sacked three more ministers without seeking approval. The accusation that Mr Mashaie has put the president under a spell is more than rhetorical: friends of Mr Mashaie have already been arrested for sorcery. "I do not know if it is hypnotism, a spell or relations with yogis. But there is something wrong," Ayatollah Yazdi said.

Source

Bi-polar disorder is a curable affliction. Seek help rdean.

So, Mymood Isimadinnerjacket gets hold of a 'Lord Of The Rings' DVD and starts a nuclear war?

The Greek tradgetists would have chuckled at the irony.

It's obvious chincery by the mullahcracy to exert their power over the elected official and thus their supremacy.

I doubt the Mullah's believe this bullshit, but they know the people are stupid enough too. The ones that don't believe it will get a the further message that, if you oppose the mullahcracy, you can now be charged with witchcraft. That'll shut them up. How can you defend yourself against such absurd allegations?

Charging people with supernatural crimes to silence them is an old trick. Look at our own history and Salem. We sure showed those uppity bitches, huh?

Let the kangaroo courts begin.

Bi-polar disorder is a curable affliction. Seek help rdean.

If you are going to use psychiatric conditions in a perforation sense, you could at least pick an appropriate diagnosis.

It's obvious chincery by the mullahcracy to exert their power over the elected official and thus their supremacy.

I doubt the Mullah's believe this bullshit, but they know the people are stupid enough too. The ones that don't believe it will get a the further message that, if you oppose the mullahcracy, you can now be charged with witchcraft. That'll shut them up. How can you defend yourself against such absurd allegations?

Charging people with supernatural crimes to silence them is an old trick. Look at our own history and Salem. We sure showed those uppity bitches, huh?

Oddly enough? *I AGREE* with you. And why I state that the Mullah-Weird-Beards are living on borrowed time....

Oddly enough? *I AGREE* with you. And why I state that the Mullah-Weird-Beards are living on borrowed time....

Not if they can make bullshit charges like this stick.

This is why an independent judiciary branch is vital to a free nation's survival.

This is why an independent judiciary branch is vital to a free nation's survival.

AGREED...and what chance do they have for that with the Muslim Weird-Beards in charge?

Zero point Zero...

AGREED...and what chance do they have for that with the Muslim Weird-Beards in charge?

Zero point Zero...

The people will be oppressed until they have had enough. Then there will be bloodshed and the pendulum keeps swinging.

Whatever happens over there needs to come from within. When you look at the youth of Iran, you see a fairly progressive (by comparative standards) group of people who are getting fed up with the oppression.

Forum List

Back