Ahem...I told you so.

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000742492>Poll: Most Americans Now Say War Was a Mistake</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>NEW YORK In a historic shift, a majority of Americans express the view that the U.S. made a mistake in going to war against Iraq, according to a new CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll.

The poll, released on Tuesday, shows that 51% now hold this view, with 48% supporting the decision to go to war. In November those numbers were virtually reversed. </blockquote>

Now that the hype and hoopla of the campaign season has faded, and folks are taking a closer look at what is going on, they're begining to realize that they've been sold a bill of goods. But for all those who have so ardently and slavishly supported Dubbyuh's dirty little war, and still do...I told ya so. Now you own it.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><a href=http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000742492>Poll: Most Americans Now Say War Was a Mistake</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>NEW YORK In a historic shift, a majority of Americans express the view that the U.S. made a mistake in going to war against Iraq, according to a new CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll.

The poll, released on Tuesday, shows that 51% now hold this view, with 48% supporting the decision to go to war. In November those numbers were virtually reversed. </blockquote>

Now that the hype and hoopla of the campaign season has faded, and folks are taking a closer look at what is going on, they're begining to realize that they've been sold a bill of goods. But for all those who have so ardently and slavishly supported Dubbyuh's dirty little war, and still do...I told ya so. Now you own it.

Look at the source of the poll. Yeah, I am sure it was non biased with no left leaning slant to the wuestions. :mm:

Bullypulpit said:
George Gallup is an ardent fan of Dubbyuh. :)

And that is why his polls showed him losing the election just before it was held? USA Today is certainly not a "fan" of Dubya. Nor is CNN (the Clinton's (defense) News Network).

The truth to the matter is that Iraq like once Vietnam is not perceived as a real threat by the majority of the public. Sometimes I even wonder if the public takes the war on terror or as it should be correctly termed War against
Islamist extremist serious. Now that Bush is reelected it is time to raise the
taxes to pay for the war and the other security costs we accumulated.

Then the big bitching whining will come up. But you cant have it both ways
balanced budget and a war effort and lowering taxes. The weak dollar and the borrowing that is going on at the federal level plus the long time war
effort reminds me of Johnson and his fuckup. Carter and Reagan had to clean up the mess the Vietnam war and Guns and butter policies wrecked then.

For those of you who wish to compare Vietnam to Iraq, please study your history before you open your ignorant pie holes and start spewing what you believe to be the truth.

There is one truth in warfare. There is no war that is like another war and if you fight to win the last war you will surely lose the war you are fighting now.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

Forum List

Back