Ahead of mosquito season, 18 pregnant women in Texas area have Zika

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
BROWNSVILLE, Texas -- When we first met 23-year-old Rocio Morado of Brownsville, Texas, last month, she was 36 weeks pregnant and doctors were seeing problems with her baby on ultrasound.
Morado tested positive for Zika infection. The virus is carried by mosquitoes both in Brownsville and across the border in Mexico, where she visited family early in her pregnancy.

"I'm kind of sad, but I know everything is going to be OK," Morado said last month.

Since then, she's had her baby, Hugo.

"I feel so happy, I'm so in love with him," she said.

He was born almost three weeks ago with the small-head characteristic of microcephaly and faces an uncertain future in terms of his development.

It is going to be a long summer.

Yep, and it's happening just as the GOP wants to throw a bunch of people off of health care.

Gonna be a long summer indeed.

Not to worry. I learned today from a right winger here that all the mother and baby have to do is embrace the right lifestyle changes, and their medical problems will go away. Who knew that something that simple would do it?

We need to build a wall preventing Texans from entering the U.S.

Put up or shut up.

Heh.
Working on it

o.jpg

BROWNSVILLE, Texas -- When we first met 23-year-old Rocio Morado of Brownsville, Texas, last month, she was 36 weeks pregnant and doctors were seeing problems with her baby on ultrasound.
Morado tested positive for Zika infection. The virus is carried by mosquitoes both in Brownsville and across the border in Mexico, where she visited family early in her pregnancy.

"I'm kind of sad, but I know everything is going to be OK," Morado said last month.

He was born almost three weeks ago with the small-head characteristic of microcephaly and faces an uncertain future in terms of his development.

I would be curious to know if these women were exposed to any chemicals too.

WTF does being exposed to chemicals have to do with the zika virus?

Microcephaly in the children in South America was also linked to chemical exposure as the big Zika scare went down last year when they were getting ready to release a new vaccine for Zika.

Microcephaly in the children in South America was also linked to chemical exposure as the big Zika scare went down last year when they were getting ready to release a new vaccine for Zika.

First, I'd like a link for that story, because I hadn't heard anything about it.

Second, the chances of it being from a chemical spill that didn't make the news (would have to be big if it affected 18 different women), would be very slim.

First, I'd like a link for that story, because I hadn't heard anything about it.

Second, the chances of it being from a chemical spill that didn't make the news (would have to be big if it affected 18 different women), would be very slim.
Those Microcephaly cases in S.A. were from 2014 and it was spray used for Mosquitoes. If it comes up an easy way to find all the info I put together for it I'll post it for you. If not you'll have to look it all up for your self if you are curious about it. You can search out the articles, studies and all just like I did last year when the big Zika scare came out as easily as I could for you.

Larvicide Manufactured By Sumitomo, Not Zika Virus, True Cause Of Brazil’s Microcephaly Outbreak?
Pyriproxyfen Is The Real Culprit

Physicians in Crop-Sprayed Towns (PCST) believe that a chemical called pyriproxyfen, which produces malformations in mosquitoes, was injected into Brazil’s water supplies in 2014 to halt the development of mosquito larvae in drinking water tanks.

Pyriproxyfen is manufactured by Sumitomo Chemical, a company associated with Monsanto. PCST claims Sumitomo is really a subsidiary of Monsanto, however.

“Malformations detected in thousands of children from pregnant women living in areas where the Brazilian state added pyriproxyfen to drinking water is not a coincidence,” explained the PCST.
The Brazilian Health Ministry even injected this chemical into reservoirs in the state of Pernambuco—an area where the Aedes aegypti mosquito population, which carries the Zika virus, is very high, according to the PCST. It’s also the first state in Brazil to notice the problem, which contains 35 percent of the country’s total microcephaly cases.
The Argentine physicians also note that there have not been any cases of microcephaly in past Zika epidemics. And in other countries where Zika cases are high, like Colombia, there are no records of of microcephaly linked to Zika. The Colombian president even announced that of the residents infected with Zika, not a single case of microcephaly was reported.

Scientists Need New Zika Outbreak To Test Vaccines : Shots - Health ...
www.npr.org/sections/health.../to-test-zika-vaccines-scientists-need-a-new-outbreak
Feb 23, 2017 - It's a bit of a paradox, but researchers say they need Zika virus to re-emerge this year so they can test vaccines designed to defeat it.
The Race for a Zika Vaccine - The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/.../testing-the-limits-of-biotech-in-the-race-for-a-zika-va...
Nov 19, 2016 - The Race for a Zika Vaccine. By KATIE THOMAS NOV. 19, 2016 ... A vaccine for Zika, a disease that is linked to severe birth defects, is being ...
Plus you have those little gmo Mosquitoes Oxitec CEO Hadyn Parry to use GMO mosquitoes to fight Zika virus

Pyriproxyfen - Wikipedia
Pyriproxyfen - Wikipedia
Pyriproxyfen is a pyridine-based pesticide which is found to be effective against a variety of arthropoda. It was introduced to the US in 1996, to protect cotton ...

Plus pet pest control
The Use of Pyriproxyfen in Dogs and Cats - Pet Education
www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=26+1303&aid=1475
The indications for use, side effects, dose, contraindications, drug or food interactions, toxicity, and signs of an overdose of Pyriproxyfen (Bio Spot Stripe-On Flea ...

Facts about Microcephaly | Birth Defects | NCBDDD | CDC
www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/microcephaly.html
Dec 7, 2016 - Microcephaly is a birth defect where a baby's head is smaller than expected ... that microcephaly ranges from 2 babies per 10,000 live births to about ... infants, and children up to age 20 years in the United States can be found ...

Last edited:

So Zika virus is now made its way to the US? How bad is the Zika virus in US. Really bad?

We pay money to government and they allow people no screaming and now the Zika virus is in US like Texas and Florida and not say other southern sates.

Texas and Florida must be really hurting people not traveling of the Zika virus is there.

So Zika virus is now made its way to the US? How bad is the Zika virus in US. Really bad?

We pay money to government and they allow people no screaming and now the Zika virus is in US like Texas and Florida and not say other southern sates.

Texas and Florida must be really hurting people not traveling of the Zika virus is there.

Well, it looks like it's all over (according to the CDC case counts)
Zika Case Counts in U.S.

Forum List

Back