AHCA opposition

Since the ACA is nothing more than a guaranteed feeding trough for the Insurance companies (complete with monopolies), I think we can safely say that any opposition that those at the trough have can be discounted.
What monopolies?
First there was The Pig, now there's The Pig With Lipstick.

What's to like?
Yet lefties like those in this thread, are unhappy. Obamacare will just continue on in some other form, offering little control of costs, abuses, and no improvement in healthcare.

From what I can see, the new plan is an attempt to slowly change healthcare by keeping many of the things in Obamacare. I suppose just doing away with it would be a disaster so gradually making changes will be less of a shock for some.

Of course, libs hate it because they want single payer, which Obamacare was designed to usher in.

Of course, the right will hate this because it's just Obamacare lite.

Until we stop Big Pharms from running the show, nothing will change.

As it is, most insurance companies overpay for the inflated prices and government programs only pay a portion of medical bills and tell doctors and hospitals to eat the rest. This just causes private insurance companies to absorb the costs so hospitals can stay in business. Big Pharms win either way since they overcharge for everything from drugs to the simplest of supplies.

I'd rather that they go back and look at the other plans presented by Repubs before Obamacare was shoved through. Yes, there were several, not that the lib media talked about them.
dont you think this republican proposal for health care is being shoved through?
Three weeks is not what I would call being "shoved" through.

Since the ACA is nothing more than a guaranteed feeding trough for the Insurance companies (complete with monopolies), I think we can safely say that any opposition that those at the trough have can be discounted.
What monopolies?

What's to like?
Yet lefties like those in this thread, are unhappy. Obamacare will just continue on in some other form, offering little control of costs, abuses, and no improvement in healthcare.

From what I can see, the new plan is an attempt to slowly change healthcare by keeping many of the things in Obamacare. I suppose just doing away with it would be a disaster so gradually making changes will be less of a shock for some.

Of course, libs hate it because they want single payer, which Obamacare was designed to usher in.

As it is, most insurance companies overpay for the inflated prices and government programs only pay a portion of medical bills and tell doctors and hospitals to eat the rest. This just causes private insurance companies to absorb the costs so hospitals can stay in business. Big Pharms win either way since they overcharge for everything from drugs to the simplest of supplies.

I'd rather that they go back and look at the other plans presented by Repubs before Obamacare was shoved through. Yes, there were several, not that the lib media talked about them.
dont you think this republican proposal for health care is being shoved through?
Democrats worked on the ACA for months! We dont even know the cost of this program and who it is going to insure, or who it isn't going to insure. Your speaker told congress to vote for it, because its the best they got. Is this a reason to approve a program everyone dislikes?

Must be because of the way they emptied another bill to put this one in, claim it's not a tax (until they get to the Supreme Court), refused to let the public see it and told people they have to pass it to find out what's in it. Oh wait, I'm getting this one confused with Obamacare. Never mind.

Must be because of the way they emptied another bill to put this one in, claim it's not a tax (until they get to the Supreme Court) and told people they have to pass it to find out what's in it. Oh wait, I'm getting this one confused with Obamacare. Never mind.
" told people they have to pass it to find out what's in it."
No one ever said that cowboy. It just goes to prove if you listen to a lie enough times, you begin to think it is true

Must be because of the way they emptied another bill to put this one in, claim it's not a tax (until they get to the Supreme Court) and told people they have to pass it to find out what's in it. Oh wait, I'm getting this one confused with Obamacare. Never mind.
No one ever said that cowboy. It just goes to prove if you listen to a lie enough times, you begin to think it is true
No one ever said it?

There is no sense in even discussing this with you if you are this ignorant of the history of this entire debate.

What monopolies?

What's to like?

Democrats worked on the ACA for months! We dont even know the cost of this program and who it is going to insure, or who it isn't going to insure. Your speaker told congress to vote for it, because its the best they got. Is this a reason to approve a program everyone dislikes?
Republicans have worked on this for six years.

YOUR Speaker (he is everyone's speaker) is making a case for doing this legislation in three steps because of the obstructionism of the Senate. What they have now is just the first step. After the process is complete, we'll see what we end up with then. Until that moment, it's all just an outlined direction.

See post #25. Pelosi said it. Maybe you need to pay attention.

gipperflakey refuses to understand that we cannot go back to what it was before ACA.

Thus, the GOP House and Senate must come up with a program that offers affordable, accessible, and quality health insurance for all Americans.
I said nothing about going back, straw man Jake.

You demand the Rs make HC better, after your beloved Ds fucked it up. Why did you not demand the Ds make it better?
Because the Dems do not have a majority in the House, the Senate, and have the Executive. The GOP does, and now owns whatever happens on Healthcare. For seven years they bitched and said that they could do better. OK, do better. Or lose in 2018 and 2020.

President Trump asked for cooperation. Why don't democrats come together with the republicans and craft a bill that works better? Would democrats rather pretend to be bystanders while working class families go broke from medical bills under a current law that is collapsing under it's own weight than work out a better deal during a republican administration? It seems so and Americans are smart enough to see where the democrat party is headed.
Why did not the GOP have a real Healthcare plan ready to go 20Jan17? They had seven years to craft it in. Because they have never been serious about health care for the working class. If you are not wealthy enough to afford the king's ransom the health insurance companies charge, the chant is 'Let him die'.

I do think that right now the Democratic Party should be putting together a universal single payer system that would work for our nation. After the GOP does a total screwup, I think that they could pass such a program if they make it simple and clear. And show how it will be paid for.

Well now, I see that you would support a universal single payer system.

Groups lining up in opposition to GOP health care plan - CNNPolitics.com

Interest groups and industry stakeholders:

The AARP's opposition to the bill is significant, as its members number in the millions and represent a demographic that tends to swing Republican. Its opposition, along with groups representing hospitals the nation over, demonstrates powerful voices against the proposal.
  • The AARP
  • American Hospital Association
  • Federation of American Hospitals
  • America's Essential Hospitals
  • Families USA
Doctors' and nurses' groups
The American Medical Association is self-described as the nation's largest group of doctors, and its donations are significant on both sides of the aisle. In addition, its documented expenditures on lobbying have shown a significant influence operation.
But the opposition thus far has also come from more liberal leaning groups, like a major union of nurses, and conservative corners, as seen when the head of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons told the pro-Trump outlet Brietbart that the bill was basically no different from Obamacare and not worth supporting.
  • The American Medical Association
  • American Nurses Association
  • American College of Physicians
  • National Nurses United
  • National Physicians Alliance
  • Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
  • American Academy of Pediatrics
Trump, meanwhile, huddled with members of some conservative groups opposed to the bill on Wednesday evening.
  • Heritage Action
  • Cato Institute
  • Americans for Prosperity
  • FreedomWorks
  • Tea Party Patriots
  • Club for Growth

A lot of groups aligned with the Democratic Party or the progressive movement have spent a significant amount of capital defending Obamacare over the years, and their opposition to the House GOP bill has come as unsurprising and resolute.
  • MoveOn.org
  • American Bridge
  • Center for American Progress
  • Our Revolution
This is opposition from a wide spectrum of people.

Here's a novel idea: Why don't Republicans and Democrats work together to IMPROVE Obamacare?

The AARP's opposition to the bill is significant, as its members number in the millions and represent a demographic that tends to swing Republican. Its opposition, along with groups representing hospitals the nation over, demonstrates powerful voices against the proposal.
  • The AARP
  • Families USA
The American Medical Association is self-described as the nation's largest group of doctors, and its donations are significant on both sides of the aisle. In addition, its documented expenditures on lobbying have shown a significant influence operation.
But the opposition thus far has also come from more liberal leaning groups, like a major union of nurses, and conservative corners, as seen when the head of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons told the pro-Trump outlet Brietbart that the bill was basically no different from Obamacare and not worth supporting.
  • National Nurses United
Trump, meanwhile, huddled with members of some conservative groups opposed to the bill on Wednesday evening.
  • Heritage Action
  • Cato Institute
  • FreedomWorks
  • Tea Party Patriots
  • Club for Growth

A lot of groups aligned with the Democratic Party or the progressive movement have spent a significant amount of capital defending Obamacare over the years, and their opposition to the House GOP bill has come as unsurprising and resolute.
  • MoveOn.org
  • American Bridge
  • Our Revolution

Here's a novel idea: Why don't Republicans and Democrats work together to IMPROVE Obamacare?
Now that is a good idea. Right now, could any Republican survive, politically, asking for Dem help on crafting real improvements to the ACA? Of course, one of those improvements would have to be taxes to support a real program.

I've known for some time that Paul Ryan is evil - but now I'm learning that he's also very, very stupid. His insurance scam is DOA.

Well now, I see that you would support a universal single payer system.
You would be dead wrong. Single payer is the absolute worst system going.

I've known for some time that Paul Ryan is evil - but now I'm learning that he's also very, very stupid. His insurance scam is DOA.
The Democrats can't stop jack shit. So, how does that work for you?

LOL

• The AARP
  • Families USA
  • National Nurses United
  • Heritage Action
  • Cato Institute
  • FreedomWorks
  • Tea Party Patriots
  • Club for Growth

• MoveOn.org
  • American Bridge
  • Our Revolution

I think the Democrats are to busy partying because the Republicans are removing the Obamacare albatross off their backs.

The odds of them doing their job is pretty slim to tra la la, where's the naked women and booze?

Forum List

Back