Ah Sugar, you are my candy girl..........

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
But wait! WTH?

The viral success of his lecture, though, has little to do with Lustig’s impressive credentials and far more with the persuasive case he makes that sugar is a “toxin” or a “poison,” terms he uses together 13 times through the course of the lecture, in addition to the five references to sugar as merely “evil.” And by “sugar,” Lustig means not only the white granulated stuff that we put in coffee and sprinkle on cereal — technically known as sucrose — but also high-fructose corn syrup, which has already become without Lustig’s help what he calls “the most demonized additive known to man.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/magazine/mag-17Sugar-t.html?_r=2&src=ISMR_HP_LO_MST_FB

Dang it! I only use real sugar (bits amount in my coffee and tea-about a total of 2 of those little packets a day) and never "fake sugar"

WTF? I thought I was going to be treated to some Archies up in here?

I've been ripped off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhjyuDZjGU]YouTube - ‪Candy‬‏[/ame]

For us more sophisticated types........ :cool:

A long article, but one that tells us what most of us already know.

Fat people are more likely to have health problems including heart disease, diabetes and cancers.

Our consumption of sugar (much of it added into processed foods so we don't even know we're eating sugar) is probably responsible for so many of us becoming lardasses.

Its soda, folks. If I had to choose one thing that people are killing themsleves with it would be SODA.

If you look at the American diet the amount of soda that Americans now drink is staggering....nearly a gallon a week on average!

What was once a special treat (back when I was a kid) is now the fluid of choice for far too many of us.

Here's a interesting thought...you may be better off in the long run replacing your soda with beer.

A long article, but one that tells us what most of us already know.

Fat people are more likely to have health problems including heart disease, diabetes and cancers.

Our consumption of sugar (much of it added into processed foods so we don't even know we're eating sugar) is probably responsible for so many of us becoming lardasses.

Its soda, folks. If I had to choose one thing that people are killing themsleves with it would be SODA.

If you look at the American diet the amount of soda that Americans now drink is staggering....nearly a gallon a week on average!

What was once a special treat (back when I was a kid) is now the fluid of choice for far too many of us.

Here's a interesting thought...you may be better off in the long run replacing your soda with beer.

People drink this shit??!! :eek:

bakingsoda.jpg

Forum List

Back