Ah, Government Bureaucracy At It’s Finest

funny... your english was much better when you were ranting raving and cursing. :thup:

:confused:

I think her Engrish has been just fine.... especially since she is new to the english language.
Hell of alot better than the gimmigrants I am used to.

I'll say. :lol:

For the record, natwhoeveryouaren00b, visitor pages are most definitely public. And you've decorated a few quite interestingly, haven't you? Most impressive command of the language when you think nobody's watching, my man. Hat's off. :clap2:

WTF? Why you think Natsumi is a dude?

How about we stick to the topic and stop attacking her womanhood... Jeeze
:doubt:

The casual and careless way that much of our personal information is handled should be a concern for every American. Did you ever wonder how easy it is for the media, looking for stuff to smear somebody, to learn who has tax problems, who has been audited, who has been investigated, etc. etc. etc.? Doesn't it bother you at all that such information is readily available to be put out there for public consumption? There are all sorts of examples we could use like that.

I've been living here in the U.S. for almost 5 years (this April I take citizenship exam) and you make some good points that are easy for me to understand. I learn new pieces about how things work everyday (and why they're not working so well too)

You are not planning to return to Japan, Natsumi? Won't your family miss you?

Impressive thing, learning English for a Japanese person. If I were dropped off in Tokyo, I doubt I'd ever master Japanese.

Here comes a story from the small town of Port Townsend here in Washington state where I live, of a woman who had to fight with the Social Security Administration to get her benefits since it appears she was being listed as deceased.

She was declared dead – but she’s as alive as you and I. Her name is Maxine Matsui. She is a semi-retired 55 year old grocery store manager and never thought she'd see this day ever come.

[...]

Matsui was quickly cut off from bank accounts, medicare and more.

For their next case, perhaps they should figure out why a 55-year-old is drawing Social Security and Medicare benefits.
could be that she had to retire because of a disability

If she had been described as a former restaurant manager, I would agree. But since she is described as a partially retired restaurant manager, that suggests that she is still employed.

Impressive thing, learning English for a Japanese person. If I were dropped off in Tokyo, I doubt I'd ever master Japanese.

It has become more mainstream throughout Japan and is option for those who choose to learn it (even for free) but many still are not fluent and speak english broken. I was able to learn at a young age and take advantage of the opportunity of living in another country. I worked for my grandparents tea farm and thought it had to be time for a change. I moved to Seattle, Washington where I attended UW, and graduated and now work as bookkeeper for the Forest Service.

Last edited:

It has become more mainstream throughout Japan and is option for those who choose to learn it (even for free) but many still are not fluent and speak english broken. I was able to learn at a young age and take advantage of the opportunity of living in another country. I worked for my grandparents tea farm and thought it had to be time for a change. I moved to Seattle, Washington where I attended UW, and graduated and now work as bookkeeper for the Forest Service.

So, now you are part of the beaurocracy?

:lol: j/k

But really..... are you?
:eusa_eh:

But really..... are you?

In April 2011 I will take my citizenship exam. After I pass, i will be able to register to vote like any other American and all that other good stuff =D As far as that goes..with the "beaurocracy"..I'll try not to make any mistakes..in this line of work it can be costly. I should be working but, I'm not lol

Last edited:

But really..... are you?

In April 2011 I will take my citizenship exam. After I pass, i will be able to register to vote like any other American and all that other good stuff =D
and, sadly, you will be disappointed at the choices you will have, like most of the rest of us
;)

and, sadly, you will be disappointed at the choices you will have, like most of the rest of us
;)

Let's just hope I don't make any mistakes..as there's very little or almost no room for. Lots of important records/documents of all kinds I come across in my line of work that always need careful attention.

;)

Let's just hope I don't make any mistakes..as there's very little or almost no room for. Lots of important records/documents of all kinds I come across in my line of work that always need careful attention.
i was referring to when you can vote
;)

funny... your english was much better when you were ranting raving and cursing. :thup:

Astonishing, isn't it? :eusa_whistle:

Sorry, but the 1st spanish I learned was the cuss words :razz:

Give me a break.... lets assume she is a huge SUMO wrestler and forget the substance of what she says.

I assume that you are all fat Nigerians sitting naked in a grass hut having fun with us stupid Americans :tomato:

:rofl:

Here comes a story from the small town of Port Townsend here in Washington state where I live, of a woman who had to fight with the Social Security Administration to get her benefits since it appears she was being listed as deceased.

She was declared dead – but she’s as alive as you and I.

Her name is Maxine Matsui. She is a semi-retired 55 year old grocery store manager and never thought she'd see this day ever come.

I found this article in the local newspaper today so I thought I would share with you all.

Just last month, she was aghast to learn that she was dead. In fact, she had been declared dead for more than a month.

“I’m on the computer and am in the Social Security death index, and I’m scanning down and all of the sudden, whoa!” she said. “There’s my name, Maxine Matsui, where I was born, when I died.”

Matsui was quickly cut off from bank accounts, medicare and more.

Ancestry Web sites even publicly listed her presumably ‘dearly departed’ Social Security number – that was still active.

“Every account I had was frozen, no matter where it was at,” she said. “I was left with just pocket change.”

Since then she and her husband have collected hundreds of documents, made endless trips to social security offices, and spent hours on the phone with government workers who finally solved the riddle.

They traced the error to a clerk in Spokane typing in the wrong nine digit number.

A spokesman for Social Security says Matsui's record has been corrected. They’ve since apologized, but Maxine thinks it’s something that could’ve easily been avoided.

“To the Social Security Administration, you’re nothing but a number,” Combes said. “And when that number goes in, they should research it a little better.”

BTW - her assets are still frozen. While there as no malice in this woman’s story all it took was a simple error with a number being entered and this woman had to jump through hoops to prove she was still alive. For anyone who has had identity theft happen to them you know that this is one of the hardest things to fight as it seems you are always dealing with issues depending on the severity.

Government bureaucracy it’s fantastic!!! Guess which group believes the government can take care of issues?

Wow. I have a friend that just yesterday told me the new job she took did a background check and told her the same thing; that she was deceased.

Forum List

Back