AGWCult finally self destructs

So interesting in the study of human minds is it that 'belief' in a scientific phenomena is ALSO an issue that happens down partisan lines.

Oh what a coinkidink

Yeah, they can't show us in a lab how 120PPM of additional can warm air, now they have a bigger problem because they're claiming that the CO2, that can't warm air, is warming a far greater volume of water that takes far more energy to warm!

You just have to have faith that the data manipulators are telling us the truth
hey Frank, I concluded after several discussions lately about the CO2 in the oceans, the manipulation likely occurring is the adding of heat due to back radiation temperatures. In one of the posts over the weekend, one of the lefties stated something about using a spectrometer and reading back radiation. Seems logical since that is there biggest belief is that added back radiation is heating the water right?

Who cares what they say, seriously. If their experts can't get it right (read my last post) why should we believe that these armchair experts have a clue!
dude, I don't. I take my daily beating in here because I know more than the experts. You know, those money hungry scientists who know nothing about what science actually is?
Mr. jc, you know nothing at all concerning science. It is evidenced in all your posting. However, you people do have a real problem. You see, reality is kicking your teeth in.

2014 right up there with 1998, 2005, and 2010. Now 2015 looking to establish a new bar for heat. And you people just keep yapping about a cooling. Your continued denial of the present El Nino is a wonderful example of the idiocy of your positions. And your lack integrity in your denial of reality.
Mr. Socks, it's funny, and yet you and yours can't produce one reason for the manipulation of datasets. Why?

Their latest attempt to "hide the decline" will be their last. They morphed from global warming to climate change and now, quadrupling down on a losing bet, they're totally done with atmospheric CO2 altogether. They are now telling us that "the ocean ate my global warming"

It's their swan song. It's getting delisted from NYSE and moving to the pink sheets. The records for ocean temperatures more readily lend themselves to manipulation and with the NOAA already altering data its easy to see why they made this losing bet.

No warming for 2 decades so they decide to toss all their previous data and theories aside and say that the oceans, which take far more energy to warm, are the repository of the missing warming.

Frank, that the ocean absorbs ~90% of the greenhouse warming has been a fact since we first had an ocean and at atmosphere. It is not a new claim. It is not a current comment that anyone is making - except you.

Bull shit!

Green house warming is reradiatied IR in the bands of 12um to 16um. Sea water will not absorb wavelengths in that bandwidth due to salinity and partial pressures of the surface which REFLECT IT in the first 3 microns of the surface. Even the IPCC's assumptions violate the laws of physics and the physical properties of the water itself.. This is why we have seen less than 0.02deg C in over 180 years.

Use some basic thought process man.... Quit taking the IPCC crap hook line and sinker...

I see. Just take the word of an internet poster that also claims the H20 molecule is 10 times larger than the CO2 molecule. The IPCC publishes the findings of scientists. You post idiocies you pull out of your ass.

I can confirm the "reds" on the anomalies map for the Northwestern United states on the giss/noaa dataset. It will probably end up over 5 degrees above normal for July and yesterday hit 105f, which is 21+ above normal for the western-central Valley of Oregon.

I can confirm the "reds" on the anomalies map for the Northwestern United states on the giss/noaa dataset. It will probably end up over 5 degrees above normal for July and yesterday hit 105f, which is 21+ above normal for the western-central Valley of Oregon.

Matty, who the fuck cares and why are you still posting?

Wow, Oregon is hot -- in summer!

Wow, since you don't understand just how much above normal this is for Oregon...Well, maybe you shouldn't be posting...Maybe you should go hide back under your rock.

Wow, since you don't understand just how much above normal this is for Oregon...Well, maybe you shouldn't be posting...Maybe you should go hide back under your rock.
so he supposed to know your climate and temperatures, but you don't need to know about anyone elses. ain't that sweet. Typical lefty loser.

The AGW Faith-based Ministry of Climate Warmering/Coolering/Changering has just released a study confirming that in the northern latitudes the weather tends to get warmer -- even hot -- in the spring and summer and then cooler in the autumn and downright cold in the winter. These factors have been studied and verified over time using both proxy models and actual temperature measurements!

They have reached the conclusion -- prior to the study, but also after its release -- that the data confirms that the Climate of planet Earth has indeed been warmering or coolering or otherwise changering.

The Ministry's study has been peer reviewed by others of the Faith and they have given it two enthusiastic thumbs up, each!

I thought we agreed AGW was so serious you'd stop posting on the Internet and do your part to stop burning hose deadly fossil fuels.

This is why I can't take it seriously

The AGW Faith-based Ministry of Climate Warmering/Coolering/Changering has just released a study confirming that in the northern latitudes the weather tends to get warmer -- even hot -- in the spring and summer and then cooler in the autumn and downright cold in the winter. These factors have been studied and verified over time using both proxy models and actual temperature measurements!

They have reached the conclusion -- prior to the study, but also after its release -- that the data confirms that the Climate of planet Earth has indeed been warmering or coolering or otherwise changering.

The Ministry's study has been peer reviewed by others of the Faith and they have given it two enthusiastic thumbs up, each!

Liab, it's hot -- in NY!

ZOMG! Call Al Gore

Liab, it's hot -- in NY!

ZOMG! Call Al Gore

ZOMG! INDEED. ALL the icebergs will melt and all the polar bears are gonna dwown!

The Urth has a feeevah!

The polar ice caps are all gone and have been for years and years!

algore was clearly right.

Their latest attempt to "hide the decline" will be their last. They morphed from global warming to climate change and now, quadrupling down on a losing bet, they're totally done with atmospheric CO2 altogether. They are now telling us that "the ocean ate my global warming"

It's their swan song. It's getting delisted from NYSE and moving to the pink sheets. The records for ocean temperatures more readily lend themselves to manipulation and with the NOAA already altering data its easy to see why they made this losing bet.

No warming for 2 decades so they decide to toss all their previous data and theories aside and say that the oceans, which take far more energy to warm, are the repository of the missing warming.

Frank, that the ocean absorbs ~90% of the greenhouse warming has been a fact since we first had an ocean and at atmosphere. It is not a new claim. It is not a current comment that anyone is making - except you.

Bull shit!

Green house warming is reradiatied IR in the bands of 12um to 16um. Sea water will not absorb wavelengths in that bandwidth due to salinity and partial pressures of the surface which REFLECT IT in the first 3 microns of the surface. Even the IPCC's assumptions violate the laws of physics and the physical properties of the water itself.. This is why we have seen less than 0.02deg C in over 180 years.

Use some basic thought process man.... Quit taking the IPCC crap hook line and sinker...

Crick, any pithy insults?

I was just running this specific topic (does the ocean absorb IR) with Billy Boy in another thread. The ocean DOES absorb IR and it does it very well. It does not reflect it. It takes only about 10 microns to absorb it all. The standard denier response is that all that energy goes into evaporation and so it actually cools the ocean. Unfortunately, that ignores mixing. There is VERY VERY VERY little ocean on this planet calm down to the 10 micron level. So, yes, the ocean is warmed by infrared.

If you think that 10 microns isn't sufficient depth for it to be absorbed, I ask you how deep into soil and rock, which IR heats up quite nicely, do you think IR penetrates:

The energy doesn't have to go deep to warm the ocean. Most of the delivered energy comes from visible and UV light, and goes deep, then convection moves the warm water up, and at the surface the heat goes into the atmosphere. The backradation energy that warms the top microns of the sea decreases the thermal gradient between ocean and atmosphere, that slows down the heat flow out of the ocean, and that warms the ocean. That process has been measured directly.

As usual, Billy made a hilarious error in the physics. He gave us a source that said dissolved salts don't absorb longwave, which is quite true. Of course, that source said nothing about the water the salt was in. The water keeps happily absorbing the longwave, salt or no salt. There is no magical process by which dissolved salt makes water reflect longwave.

I was just running this specific topic (does the ocean absorb IR) with Billy Boy in another thread. The ocean DOES absorb IR and it does it very well. It does not reflect it. It takes only about 10 microns to absorb it all. The standard denier response is that all that energy goes into evaporation and so it actually cools the ocean. Unfortunately, that ignores mixing. There is VERY VERY VERY little ocean on this planet calm down to the 10 micron level. So, yes, the ocean is warmed by infrared.

If you think that 10 microns isn't sufficient depth for it to be absorbed, I ask you how deep into soil and rock, which IR heats up quite nicely, do you think IR penetrates:

So, now it's not reflected.

I thought you said it was reflected and 100% was captured by CO2

Another post, another explanation

The energy doesn't have to go deep to warm the ocean. Most of the delivered energy comes from visible and UV light, and goes deep, then convection moves the warm water up, and at the surface the heat goes into the atmosphere. The backradation energy that warms the top microns of the sea decreases the thermal gradient between ocean and atmosphere, that slows down the heat flow out of the ocean, and that warms the ocean. That process has been measured directly.

As usual, Billy made a hilarious error in the physics. He gave us a source that said dissolved salts don't absorb longwave, which is quite true. Of course, that source said nothing about the water the salt was in. The water keeps happily absorbing the longwave, salt or no salt. There is no magical process by which dissolved salt makes water reflect longwave.

Wait so the warm water needs to move up? What warmed it? I thought the deadly CO2 reflecting excess heat was causing the warming. Is this a special warming that bypasses the top layer?

The water Mamooth is speaking of was warmed by visible and UV light that penetrated to, roughly 50 meters. Not deep with respect to the ocean's depths but enormously further down than the IR penetrates.

Frank, pretending to be pretending to be ignorant isn't going to work either.

The water Mamooth is speaking of was warmed by visible and UV light that penetrated to, roughly 50 meters. Not deep with respect to the ocean's depths but enormously further down than the IR penetrates.

Frank, pretending to be pretending to be ignorant isn't going to work either.

If insults were explanations, you'd be wikipedia.

I'm not pretending to be ignorant, I'm merely parroting back the explanation du jour of the AGWCult. It semms like ignoranace only because you give us new and contrary explanations on daily basis. You fucked yourselves so royally its only a matter of time before academia kicks you to the curb with Ghostbusters.

Academia has had many years to "kick me to the curb" and they haven't done it yet. That might have something to do with the fact that views of academia and of mainstream science and mine are one and the same. I've noted to you before how easy accepting mainstream science makes it to hold your own in a discussion arena like this one. I have mountains of evidence to cite, thousands of peer reviewed papers, thousands of brilliant scientists and what have you got? Christopher Monckton, Anthony Watts and Steven McIntyre.

Academia has had many years to "kick me to the curb" and they haven't done it yet. That might have something to do with the fact that views of academia and of mainstream science and mine are one and the same. I've noted to you before how easy accepting mainstream science makes it to hold your own in a discussion arena like this one. I have mountains of evidence to cite, thousands of peer reviewed papers, thousands of brilliant scientists and what have you got? Christopher Monckton, Anthony Watts and Steven McIntyre.

You keep confusing models with evidence or did you mean Mann's one tree ring?

What I've got is the certainty that your latest "the oceans ate my global warming" is a failure and a physical impossibility and you still haven't explained "excess heat"

Where was this excess heat hiding before it warmed the oceans?

Forum List

Back