AGW in China: Coldest Winter in 30 years, traps 1,000 ships

When one gets so caught up on a word that triggers a special response, one is weakened. His/her vision is distorted. To automatically react to 'CO2' as leftist is far out there.

You do understand, don't you that if we burned all of the fossil fuel on earth, and all of the wood, and anything else that could release CO2, when it was all burned, we still wouldn't have brought the atmospheric CO2 level up to a number that would represent a danger to breathe?

Why go on about CO2 being a poison when there isn't enough material on earth to create toxic levels in the atmosphere?

My problem is not directly related to CO2, but we all have to admit that is can be dangerous locally.

We also have to admit that the emissions of CO2 are associated with other practices that also pollute in many ways. That is what I don't like, pollution. It is disgusting, it is inhuman and excess is avoidable.

And to argue that we could all still breathe after the conflagration described is to provide cold comfort (to play on words). That certainly would cause a long winter.

My problem is not directly related to CO2, but we all have to admit that is can be dangerous locally.

Maybe your problem isn't CO2, but damned near every discussion regarding the climate, or conservation, or any thing else gets derailed onto the topic of CO2. Have you ever seen the list of things blamed on CO2? It is incredible.

We also have to admit that the emissions of CO2 are associated with other practices that also pollute in many ways. That is what I don't like, pollution. It is disgusting, it is inhuman and excess is avoidable.

Earning a living is associated with the emissions of CO2 also. Are you going to suggest that we revert to a hunter gatherer lifestyle with an average lifespan of 30 years? I don't like pollution either, but CO2 isn't pollution any more than earning a living is pollution and so long as every topic has to relate to CO2 and the myth of man made climate change, a lot of potentially important discussions simply aren't going to happen.

And to argue that we could all still breathe after the conflagration described is to provide cold comfort (to play on words). That certainly would cause a long winter.

The point is that we couldn't raise the atmospheric CO2 level to the point that it became toxic, or a pollutant even if we wanted to. So why harp on CO2 and derail what might otherwise be a valuable discussion regarding actual pollution and possible real world solutions?

Global Warming strikes again, send China into the freezer

You expect this from manmade Global Warming, it's right there in the model:

Warmer = AGW
Colder = AGW

Can I get an amen? (Peer reivew)

China chills hit 28-year low, trapping ships in ice | Reuters

China chills hit 28-year low, trapping ships in ice

SHANGHAI | Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:00am EST
Jan 5 (Reuters) - Temperatures in China have plunged to their lowest in almost three decades, cold enough to freeze coastal waters and trap 1,000 ships in ice, official media said at the weekend.

Since late November the country has shivered at an average of minus 3.8 degrees Celsius, 1.3 degrees colder than the previous average, and the chilliest in 28 years, state news agency Xinhua said on Saturday, citing the China Meteorological Administration.

I guess the idea of stalling the jet stream is too much for a Denialista to understand. They're still stuck on that 1 + 1 = 2 concept. If it's so cold, is it cold in the arctic?

What happens to our planet when the temperature difference between the tropics and the poles is changed. Do you think I just like my world cold, like a witch's tit?

You fucking goofballs have nothing better to do than lie on the internet.

The world will have exceptional weather, so get used to it. How many years has your retarded ass been told this will happen? Of course, life will go on and life will keep going on, even when we destroy 90% of the species on Earth. I'd say don't try to tell God what a great steward we were, because we suck at doing the job!

Explain the mechanics of shifting the Jet Stream.

When one gets so caught up on a word that triggers a special response, one is weakened. His/her vision is distorted. To automatically react to 'CO2' as leftist is far out there.

You do understand, don't you that if we burned all of the fossil fuel on earth, and all of the wood, and anything else that could release CO2, when it was all burned, we still wouldn't have brought the atmospheric CO2 level up to a number that would represent a danger to breathe?

Why go on about CO2 being a poison when there isn't enough material on earth to create toxic levels in the atmosphere?

We are certainly in agreement as regards eliminating pollution. However, CO2 is the basic building block of life on this planet. Classifying it as a pollutant is simply insane. No program that has been devised by the AGW crowd does ANYTHING to reduce actual pollution. In fact many of their programs and industries INCREASE actual pollution.

Don't believe me but, by all means, look it up for yourself.

We are all fools and you the only smart person.

Prove it!

You called me a loon. I'm asking you to describe the mechanics of directing the Jet Stream....this should be good:popcorn:

Prove it!

You called me a loon. I'm asking you to describe the mechanics of directing the Jet Stream....this should be good:popcorn:

It's just high and lows and where they exist on Earth. Surely a fake geologist would have figured that shit out by now.

Maybe you are a geologist like you say. That just makes you one of the dumbest human beings to walk this planet.

Warmer = AGW
Colder = AGW

Jan 5 (Reuters) - Temperatures in China have plunged to their lowest in almost three decades, cold enough to freeze coastal waters and trap 1,000 ships in ice, official media said at the weekend.

Since late November the country has shivered at an average of minus 3.8 degrees Celsius, 1.3 degrees colder than the previous average, and the chilliest in 28 years, state news agency Xinhua said on Saturday, citing the China Meteorological Administration.

Do you know what the 'G' stands for?

Prove it!

I posted it. It's just where the highs and lows are.

Dubya- did you really expect to get away with the greybeard proselytizing that you inflict upon your grandchildren? this board demands a bit more than 'because I said so'.

We are certainly in agreement as regards eliminating pollution. However, CO2 is the basic building block of life on this planet. Classifying it as a pollutant is simply insane. No program that has been devised by the AGW crowd does ANYTHING to reduce actual pollution. In fact many of their programs and industries INCREASE actual pollution.

Don't believe me but, by all means, look it up for yourself.

Did you see that the EPA just got knocked down in court trying to classify water as a pollutant?

Cuccinelli Defeats EPA’s Attempt to Classify Water as Pollutant | The SPPI Blog

Logical progression....let them classify one non pollutant and then suddenly everything becomes a potential pollutant.

Prove it!

You prove it yourself every time you cut and paste material that you are unable to then discuss.

Post facts!

Obvious, you don't believe what I believe, so just post facts, not retoric..

Come on with your bad self, just post facts!

Prove it!

You prove it yourself every time you cut and paste material that you are unable to then discuss.

Post facts!

The problem with what you post is that the bulk of it isn't facts....it is little more than the output, or opinions on the output of flawed computer models.

You remain unable to discuss any of what you post, because you don't understand any of the science, or pseudoscience behind it.

Post facts!

The problem with what you post is that the bulk of it isn't facts....it is little more than the output, or opinions on the output of flawed computer models.

You remain unable to discuss any of what you post, because you don't understand any of the science, or pseudoscience behind it.

Try getting a degree in Chemistry at the University of Delaware in 1970! Delaware is the home of American Chemistry. There is always some idiot on the internet talking shit. I believe there are smarter people than me in the world, but I haven't met them. You don't know me. I'm the kind of person who hangs with the elites and I'm not talking about just the intellectuals. I was a hell of a Marine, but I'm nearly 61 now. A long life takes it's toll.

When idiots complain about other people, like the Blacks or the Jews, I keep having to telling myself that even a FOOL has worth. I'm not into hate and I love people as they are. In my way of thinking, as long as you aren't hurting others, you have a right to you're own beliefs or opinions. I don't control your soul and I have enough of a problem with my own.

Try getting a degree in Chemistry at the University of Delaware in 1970! Delaware is the home of American Chemistry. There is always some idiot on the internet talking shit. I believe there are smarter people than me in the world, but I haven't met them. You don't know me. I'm the kind of person who hangs with the elites and I'm not talking about just the intellectuals. I was a hell of a Marine, but I'm nearly 61 now. A long life takes it's toll.

Degreee in chemistry is it? Guess that explains why you can't actually discuss the topic in your own words.

Warmer = AGW
Colder = AGW

Do you know what the 'G' stands for?

Gullible

Degreee in chemistry is it? Guess that explains why you can't actually discuss the topic in your own words.

OK, brother, I think you lost., but believe what you want to believe.

It's up to you, so why should I care?

Forum List

Back