Agriculture is going to be screwed by trump's tariff plan

Trump does not care

True....trump cares about himself....I think if he were challenged with a choice....he would even throw his family under the bus.

I think his allegiance to his son and son in law will soon be tested.

Uncle Ferd don't mind...

... he don't like spinach an' broccoli anyway...

... but tariffs are inflationary...

... dey cause prices to go up.

JimH52, for nations' that otherwise experiences chronic annual trade deficits of goods, (particularly for such nations with higher median wage rates), Import Certificates are far superior to tariffs, or pure free trade, or any hybrids of the two trade policy concepts.
The proposal's advantageous to any enterprise producing goods in the USA that competes or aspires to compete with foreign products; (it would be advantageous to USA's manufacturing, agricultural and ranching industries).
Import Certificate policy doesn't discriminate among foreign nations and foreign corporate subsidiaries producing in the USA are USA producers, or among industries, or enterprises. Excluding the values of specifically listed scarce or precious minerals integral to globally traded goods, it doesn't discriminate among produced goods.
Tariffs upon basic materials rather than upon all goods or finished goods are particularly net detrimental to their own nation's economy.
The policy described within Wikipedia's “Import Certificates” article would if adopted by the USA, significantly if not entirely eliminate USA's chronic annual trade deficits of goods in a manner that would more than otherwise increase our GDP and numbers of jobs.
Respectfully, Supposn

JimH52, for nations' that otherwise experiences chronic annual trade deficits of goods, (particularly for such nations with higher median wage rates), Import Certificates are far superior to tariffs, or pure free trade, or any hybrids of the two trade policy concepts.
The proposal's advantageous to any enterprise producing goods in the USA that competes or aspires to compete with foreign products; (it would be advantageous to USA's manufacturing, agricultural and ranching industries).
Import Certificate policy doesn't discriminate among foreign nations and foreign corporate subsidiaries producing in the USA are USA producers, or among industries, or enterprises. Excluding the values of specifically listed scarce or precious minerals integral to globally traded goods, it doesn't discriminate among produced goods.
Tariffs upon basic materials rather than upon all goods or finished goods are particularly net detrimental to their own nation's economy.
The policy described within Wikipedia's “Import Certificates” article would if adopted by the USA, significantly if not entirely eliminate USA's chronic annual trade deficits of goods in a manner that would more than otherwise increase our GDP and numbers of jobs.
Respectfully, Supposn

Tell that to the Kansas farmers who are going crazy cause the idiot they elected has, like he did with Cohen, thrown them under the bus to satisfy his ego.

Tell that to the Kansas farmers who are going crazy cause the idiot they elected has, like he did with Cohen, thrown them under the bus to satisfy his ego.

JimH52, maybe someone should tell employees that regardless within whatever industry employs them, USA's median wage rate's purchasing power cannot flourish if we don't produce. Import Certificate policy would increase our GDP and numbers of jobs more than otherwise.

The policies entire net expenses are passed on to USA purchasers of imported goods, and it reduces prices of USA exported goods.
Refer to Wikipedia's “Import Certificates” article.

Respectfully, Supposn

Trump won't put any real tariffs in place against China. He threatened all the people that sell us steel and aluminum, then exempted them from tariffs basically eliminating their competition. So the U.S. will actually buy more steel and aluminum from them. The same will happen with China. Trump is an idiot.

Trump won't put any real tariffs in place against China. He threatened all the people that sell us steel and aluminum, then exempted them from tariffs basically eliminating their competition. So the U.S. will actually buy more steel and aluminum from them. The same will happen with China. Trump is an idiot.

He won't put tariffs on China steel cause he would have to pay more to build hotels. He never uses US steel.

No they are not.

Six Facts on Donald Trump’s Use of Chinese Steel | AFL-CIO

That was easy....you people are so stupid. No wonder you voted for the Liar in Chief.
I voted for him just because it makes me happy to see you pissed off...........I enjoy it...........

Now tell me about the unfair trade abuses of China on Steel..............and the actions by the rest of the world on the same issue............

I expect no response to the facts of the matter..................Not from you and your ilk................

China can kiss my ass...............don't really care whether you are they like it.

China tariffs are 'worst kind of news' for Iowa farmers on the edge

trump is hurting the very people who voted for him.....idiot...
Bullshit.

Here in the swing state of Ohio, I voted for Trump. That was a very easy choice.

When I cast my vote in 2016, I wasn't overly confident that Trump would win. The DNC nominee, aptly christened "Crooked Hillary", most likely won the jackass Party Of Slavery (aka POS, piece of shit party of slavery) nomination via crooked means, so naturally, under the circumstances extremely likely that Clinton's pantsuit mafia also had plans to rig the general election. After all, WTF would be the point of rigging the primary if you do not also rig the general election?

Trump's decisions are not hurting myself, nor the farmers in in the Midwest who wisely voted for Trump. Trump signed a tax reform bill that is giving more financial security to my grandchildren.

The welfare of my posterity is very important to me.

Ag all over the US is right now having buyers remorse like you can't imagine. Tariffs to force many of them out of business or start laying off people, keeping immigrants from entering the country to pick the crops.

So tell us shit kickers, how's that voting booth look to you now.
So how much did you pay for your 8235

No they are not.

That was easy....you people are so stupid. No wonder you voted for the Liar in Chief.
I voted for him just because it makes me happy to see you pissed off...........I enjoy it...........

Now tell me about the unfair trade abuses of China on Steel..............and the actions by the rest of the world on the same issue............

I expect no response to the facts of the matter..................Not from you and your ilk................

China can kiss my ass...............don't really care whether you are they like it.

Is they are unfair this is not the way to fix them. You think China is going to back down? They hold a ton of our national debt.

They steal our Intellectual property. That is the big problem.

Bullshit.

Here in the swing state of Ohio, I voted for Trump. That was a very easy choice.

When I cast my vote in 2016, I wasn't overly confident that Trump would win. The DNC nominee, aptly christened "Crooked Hillary", most likely won the jackass Party Of Slavery (aka POS, piece of shit party of slavery) nomination via crooked means, so naturally, under the circumstances extremely likely that Clinton's pantsuit mafia also had plans to rig the general election. After all, WTF would be the point of rigging the primary if you do not also rig the general election?

Trump's decisions are not hurting myself, nor the farmers in in the Midwest who wisely voted for Trump. Trump signed a tax reform bill that is giving more financial security to my grandchildren.

The welfare of my posterity is very important to me.

They haven't implemented the tariffs yet numbskull....but it will hurt bad.

No they are not.

Is they are unfair this is not the way to fix them. You think China is going to back down? They hold a ton of our national debt.

Of course they will hit back..............already are................that is to be expected........

Play by the rules or it continues..............We need to do what's best for American industry ..........NOT CHINA.........

Of course their stealing is part of it..............should we let them continue without a response.........

No they are not.

Of course they will hit back..............already are................that is to be expected........

Play by the rules or it continues..............We need to do what's best for American industry ..........NOT CHINA.........

Of course their stealing is part of it..............should we let them continue without a response.........

That is called a trade war....

Forum List

Back