Agree or disagree?

A Government is nothing more than a control mechanism for a society. The form and substance of the Government determine how much control it exerts over the people. Elected Governments can be heavy handed and corrupt just as much as Dictatorships.

Elections in and of themselves are no proof the society and the Government it sponsors is fair, just or right. The Soviet Union had elections.

Representation is only as good as the people make it via knowledge and process of the election rules and cycles.

Well the quote with which we are asked to "agree or disagree" and to share our thoughts on.... is sometimes self-contridictory.
How do you figure? :eusa_eh:

☭proletarian☭;2051831 said:
Hell has frozen, I agree with RW. That statement was soooooo long I forgot what the beginning said.

The government, in a just society, is nothing more than the People and the Laws and Procedures they institute to carry out their will in accordance with principles and justice, including persons elected to represent the People and agencies charged and entrusted with carrying out specific tasks in accordance with the necessary division of labour.

I think that it's a pretty simple statement, in contrast to what most are saying; however, there's many terms within it that need defining: such as, who determines what is "justice?" Who defines the "principles?" etc...etc.......I dunno.

who determines what is "justice?"

You, since you're the one who's saying whether you agree that in a just society (what do you consider just?), the State (necessarily) is composed of the People and the Laws and Procedures they institute to carry out their will in accordance with principles and justice, including persons elected to represent the People and agencies charged and entrusted with carrying out specific tasks in accordance with the necessary division of labour.

☭proletarian☭;2052101 said:
who determines what is "justice?"

You, since you're the one who's saying whether you agree that in a just society (what do you consider just?), the State (necessarily) is composed of the People and the Laws and Procedures they institute to carry out their will in accordance with principles and justice, including persons elected to represent the People and agencies charged and entrusted with carrying out specific tasks in accordance with the necessary division of labour.

There's a lot of "you's" in a Society and so a Universal "who defines Justice" would be necessary to fill the "in accordance with principles and justice."

And if it's the majority that determines such, it could very well be repressive of the minority.

You, you idiot. There's only one you, unless there're more than one of you posting under your sn.

☭proletarian☭;2052114 said:
You, you idiot. There's only one you, unless there're more than one of you posting under your sn.

That doesn't make any sense in practice since I as an individual don't get to determine these things and so in the real world this statement can't really be "put" into practice without first defining its terms. I don't get what's the problem/how you don't see that.

Man, you're going out of your way to avoid answering a simple yes/no question about principles. Do you not have any principles? Is that why you can't answer a simple question about your principles?

☭proletarian☭;2052121 said:
Man, you're going out of your way to avoid answering a simple yes/no question about principles. Do you not have any principles? Is that why you can't answer a simple question about your principles?

You just simply don't understand that a person can't agree with the form of Government until these terms are defined, and THEN said person also AGREES with the Definition of the terms.

If it was ME, defining the terms, WHICH IT WOULDN'T BE IN REAL LIFE, then sure, I can diggit. But when the fuck would THAT ever really happen? (Me, personally, getting to define for EVERYONE ELSE, what principles and justice are?).

That's why it's an empty question and that's why other posters were more rude with you................but I tried being nice and got called idiot. Fuckin Buzzard, eat a dick.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;2050786 said:
The government, in a just society, is nothing more than the People and the Laws and Procedures they institute to carry out their will in accordance with principles and justice, including persons elected to represent the People and agencies charged and entrusted with carrying out specific tasks in accordance with the necessary division of labour.
Your thoughts?

Yeah, I agree with that.

And if we ever actually create a truly just society, that would be nice.

Government is nothing more than the people, and its values and laws should be directed towards both freedom and justice for all.

"Ideally citizens are to think of themselves as if they were legislators and ask themselves what statutes, supported by what reasons satisfying the criterion of reciprocity, they would think is most reasonable to enact." John Rawls

You just simply don't understand that a person can't agree with the form of Government until these terms are defined, and THEN said person also AGREES with the Definition of the terms.

The OP didn't say anything about a form of government other than that, in a just society, it is the People themselves and the persons they might choose to represent them (should they choose a representative system) and the agencies entrusted to act on their behalf.

Don't get mad at me because you can't think for yourself.

I have a better saying;

the government is a pimp and we are it's whores

Hey, have any of you guys shaved your ball bag before? I haven't. You Gunny?

hahahaha

Sorry pro, had to be a smart ass. Good thread, keep it going.

My thoughts?

If there isn't a better way to say whatever it is that quote is trying to say, then English as a language is a dismal failure.

Obviously it was written by a lawyer (covering all the bases). In effect, it says the people elected by the citizenry will carry out the business of government.

Forum List

Back