Aggrieved Whiteness: White Identity Politics and Modern American Racial Formation

One mistake the Left has made for generations is deciding that it's easier to bring someone down than to raise and maintain expectations of others.
Show proof of this.
Why in the world would I bother?

No proof is ever good enough for a True Believer.

So you can't prove it. You are true believer and I can prove that your opinion is crap. Because there hasn't been anything created that has kept whites down for them to be aggrieved about.
what is keeping you down?

You guys are funny.

American Rage: The Esquire/NBC News Survey
cb5aaa8e-96f0-4103-8918-0fd8150ba48f_1516741800.png

By Esquire Editors

LET'S BEGIN WITH THE BIG REVEALS: Half of all Americans are angrier today than they were a year ago. White Americans are the angriest of all. And black Americans are more optimistic about the future of the country and the existence of the American dream. There are depths and dimensions, dark corners and subtle contours to our national mood, and setting aside the issue of who actually has a right to be angry and about what—these pages are neutral territory; everyone is allowed their beef—we found three main factors shaping American rage:

EXPECTATIONS: Are you disappointed? Do you feel stifled and shortchanged and sold a bill of goods? Then you're probably pretty angry. Consider the white men and women in our survey: From their views on the state of the American dream (dead) and America's role in the world (not what it used to be) to how their life is working out for them (not quite what they'd had in mind), a plurality of whites tends to view life through a veil of disappointment. When we cross-tabulate these feelings with reports of daily anger (which are higher among whites than nonwhites), we see the anger of perceived disenfranchisement—a sense that the majority has become a persecuted minority, the bitterness of a promise that didn't pan out—rather than actual hardship. (If anger were tied to hardship, we'd expect to see nonwhite Americans—who report having a harder time making ends meet than whites, per question three—reporting higher levels of anger. This is not the case.)

Indeed, despite having what many would consider a more legitimate case for feeling angry, black Americans are generally less angry than whites. Though they take great issue with the way they are treated by both society in general and the police in particular, blacks are also more likely than whites to believe that the American dream is still alive; that America is still the most powerful country in the world; that race relations have improved over the past eight years; and, most important in the context of expectations, that their financial situation is better than they thought it would be when they were younger. Their optimism in the face of adversity suggests that hope, whatever its other virtues, remains a potent antidote to anger.

American Rage: The Esquire/NBC News Survey
You find the most ridiculous articles. Nobody interviewed the majority of whites or blacks to know how angry or optimistic they are.

Let me find that one black guy who says what I want to hear thinking it validates my argument.
825429_by_Alexus36486_1474849691_741267_by_Jeanette_Weilnau_Martin-Luther-King-Jr-2.jpg

LOL!

“Whites, it must frankly be said, are not putting in a similar mass effort to reeducate themselves out of their racial ignorance. It is an aspect of their sense of superiority that the white people of America believe they have so little to learn. The reality of substantial investment to assist Negroes into the twentieth century, adjusting to Negro neighbors and genuine school integration, is still a nightmare for all too many white Americans…These are the deepest causes for contemporary abrasions between the races. Loose and easy language about equality, resonant resolutions about brotherhood fall pleasantly on the ear, but for the Negro there is a credibility gap he cannot overlook. He remembers that with each modest advance (the Negro makes) -- the white population promptly raises the argument that the Negro has come far enough. Each step forward accents an ever-present tendency to backlash.”

Martin Luther King Jr.
Thank you.

Focus on education, not hyperbola and criticism.

When I was a little boy, I would often say to my father; "THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

. . . and he would respond, "Yeah? Get used to it, life's not fair." And I really do pity and feel sorry for every minority and subjected minority class in the nation. With that being said, we can not use the federal government to force equal outcomes, only equal opportunity.

Your mistake is trying to use the force of government to try to change the hearts and minds of the population, to FORCE equal outcomes. It can't be done. Yet YOU can be the change you want to see. It can't be done with government, for that will only make things worse..

Only by seeing yourself as one with your brother, no matter what the color of his skin, will he then give a damn about your condition. If you proclaim, he is not white, I am not black, but WE are family, and thus, WE will take care of each other. . .

Then, we all reach the promised land together. Any other strategy will only lead to balkanization.

Until then, you will only make enemies, and enemies do not cooperate, they do not give charity, and they give no quarter.

Sometimes I'm not sure that is what you want.

Unless you are a hired gun that is intending to drive a wedge? :dunno: For I honestly see you always doing more harm than good.

Whites will be criticized until they decide to educate themselves out of racism. I don't know what you white people think you are, but you seem to believe you can criticize others and demand they do something but your asses can't be criticized. Fuck that.

Don't preach to me about doing what whites have not ever done. Until you whites start seeing US as brothers equal every way, we will remain divided. Plan and simple.
You are one of the many black posters who demean whites with no positive comments about whites. You are more critical of whites than any white posters are of blacks.

Let me find that one black guy who says what I want to hear thinking it validates my argument.
825429_by_Alexus36486_1474849691_741267_by_Jeanette_Weilnau_Martin-Luther-King-Jr-2.jpg

LOL!

“Whites, it must frankly be said, are not putting in a similar mass effort to reeducate themselves out of their racial ignorance. It is an aspect of their sense of superiority that the white people of America believe they have so little to learn. The reality of substantial investment to assist Negroes into the twentieth century, adjusting to Negro neighbors and genuine school integration, is still a nightmare for all too many white Americans…These are the deepest causes for contemporary abrasions between the races. Loose and easy language about equality, resonant resolutions about brotherhood fall pleasantly on the ear, but for the Negro there is a credibility gap he cannot overlook. He remembers that with each modest advance (the Negro makes) -- the white population promptly raises the argument that the Negro has come far enough. Each step forward accents an ever-present tendency to backlash.”

Martin Luther King Jr.
Thank you.

. . . and he would respond, "Yeah? Get used to it, life's not fair." And I really do pity and feel sorry for every minority and subjected minority class in the nation. With that being said, we can not use the federal government to force equal outcomes, only equal opportunity.

Your mistake is trying to use the force of government to try to change the hearts and minds of the population, to FORCE equal outcomes. It can't be done. Yet YOU can be the change you want to see. It can't be done with government, for that will only make things worse..

Only by seeing yourself as one with your brother, no matter what the color of his skin, will he then give a damn about your condition. If you proclaim, he is not white, I am not black, but WE are family, and thus, WE will take care of each other. . .

Then, we all reach the promised land together. Any other strategy will only lead to balkanization.

Until then, you will only make enemies, and enemies do not cooperate, they do not give charity, and they give no quarter.

Unless you are a hired gun that is intending to drive a wedge? :dunno: For I honestly see you always doing more harm than good.

Whites will be criticized until they decide to educate themselves out of racism. I don't know what you white people think you are, but you seem to believe you can criticize others and demand they do something but your asses can't be criticized. Fuck that.

Don't preach to me about doing what whites have not ever done. Until you whites start seeing US as brothers equal every way, we will remain divided. Plan and simple.
You are one of the many black posters who demean whites with no positive comments about whites. You are more critical of whites than any white posters are of blacks.
Thats a bunch of horse shit. From my first day on this forum I witnessed some of the most repugnant, inbred, white asshole, racists commenting on Blacks. You dont really want me to go to their level. I wouldnt though because I do know a few good whites. Too bad they dont represent the vast majority.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
White people are banding together for their own safety.

It's about time.
The notion that white Americans are somehow subject to ‘discrimination’ or being ‘disadvantaged’ is of course a ridiculous lie – as is the nonsense of ‘identity politics.’

Needless to say, the idiotic contrivance of ‘aggrieved whiteness’ is the sole purview of white conservatives, where most white Americans don’t buy into such idiocy.

And there’s nothing for white conservatives to be ‘aggrieved’ about.

The mistake white conservatives make is to incorrectly perceive minorities opposing acts of discrimination against them as an ‘attack’ on white Americans, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

The problem, of course, is white conservatives don’t believe in racism and discrimination they neither practice nor see – that white conservatives are blind to racism and discrimination that in fact exists doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, and conservatives’ hostility toward minorities seeking their comprehensive rights and protected liberties is unwarranted and devoid of merit.

Last, conservatives are indeed pursuing an agenda of racism and discrimination – when they act to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans, when they act to deny immigrants their right to due process, and when they act to suppress votes and disenfranchise voters.

"Racism ended decades ago, well it did if you are not white anyway."

I'd like proof of that. Where are whites losing anything because their race?

White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

Though White Americans Benefit Most From Social Safety Net, Study Shows How Racial Resentment Can Fuel Welfare Opposition

The biggest beneficiaries of the government safety net: Working-class whites

Real Life: Where White People Benefit From Racism

The Racial Wealth Gap: Addressing America's Most Pressing Epidemic

chart-racial-wealth-gap-3.top.gif

Most of America's Businesses Run by White Men
https://www.usnews.com/news/article...usinesses-run-by-white-men-says-census-bureau

Whites have the lowest unemployment rate.

black-white-unemployment-rate.png

Whites have a higher income.

160919192540-chart-black-white-hourly-pay-780x439.jpg

160809195225-racial-wealth-gap-780x439.jpg

0112wicks-lim-table800x228.gif

Aggrieved Whiteness,

is fiction whites created to maintain white socio-political hegemony or white leadership and dominance over others. It is based in a belief of entitlement.

Last edited:

LOL!

Martin Luther King Jr.
Thank you.

Thats a bunch of horse shit. From my first day on this forum I witnessed some of the most repugnant, inbred, white asshole, racists commenting on Blacks. You dont really want me to go to their level. I wouldnt though because I do know a few good whites. Too bad they dont represent the vast majority.
Yes there are white racists on here, but there are view blacks who dont project an air of black racism. Constantly condemning whites just because they are white.

LOL!

Martin Luther King Jr.
Thank you.

Yes there are white racists on here, but there are view blacks who dont project an air of black racism. Constantly condemning whites just because they are white.
Correction. Constantly alerting other Blacks to the white racists.

White people are banding together for their own safety.

It's about time.
Not all white people.

Remember all the whites Republicans hate:
Gays
Liberal
College Professors
Scientists
Teachers
White Hispanics
White Democrats
White Jews

Republicans cast a wide net of hate for their shrinking party.

LOL!

Martin Luther King Jr.
Thank you.

Republicans hide behind the bizarre idea that blacks who don't like white nationalism must be racists themselves. Truly bizarre.

Thank you.

Republicans hide behind the bizarre idea that blacks who don't like white nationalism must be racists themselves. Truly bizarre.

Psychosis.

Thank you.

I refer to blacks who dont like whites based on their experience with some whites. If this were reversed, whites are called racist.

America’s white fragility complex: Why white people get so defensive about their privilege
The author of “What Does It Mean to Be White?” on Black Lives Matter and our biggest misconceptions about racism

th

Sam Adler-Bell

To Robin DiAngelo, professor of multicutural education at Westfield State University and author of What Does it Mean to Be White? Developing White Racial Literacy, is a anti-racist educator for more than two decades.

th

Sam Adler-Bell: How did you come to write about "white fragility"?

Robin DiAngelo: To be honest, I wanted to take it on because it’s a frustrating dynamic that I encounter a lot. I don’t have a lot of patience for it. And I wanted to put a mirror to it.

I do atypical work for a white person, which is that I lead primarily white audiences in discussions on race every day, in workshops all over the country. That has allowed me to observe very predictable patterns. And one of those patterns is this inability to tolerate any kind of challenge to our racial reality. We shut down or lash out or in whatever way possible block any reflection from taking place.

Of course, it functions as means of resistance, but I think it’s also useful to think about it as fragility, as inability to handle the stress of conversations about race and racism

Sometimes it’s strategic, a very intentional push back and rebuttal. But a lot of the time, the person simply cannot function. They regress into an emotional state that prevents anybody from moving forward.

America’s white fragility complex: Why white people get so defens...

I guess these guys are racists who hate all white people and just blame whites for things only because they are white.

Most whites at USMB have this belief.

"Recent social psychological research, opinion polls, and political movements, such as the Tea Party and the candidacy and election of Donald Trump, have highlighted an increasingly widespread sentiment among white Americans that they are a structurally oppressed racial group. In spite of persistent socio-cultural and political economic structures of white supremacy, real racial inequalities that serve to privilege rather than oppress white people as a group, a politics of aggrieved whiteness has become increasingly prevalent. Aggrieved whiteness is a white identity politics aimed at maintaining white socio-political hegemony through challenging efforts to combat actual material racial inequality, while supporting heavily racialized investments in policing, prisons, and the military, and positing a narrative of antiwhite racial oppression loosely rooted in an assortment of racialized threats."

Aggrieved Whiteness: White Identity Politics and Modern American Racial Formation

So to be blunt, this is fiction whites created to maintain white socio-political hegemony or white leadership and dominance over others. It is based in a belief of entitlement
20915215_338481726609094_9172402907723876545_n.jpg
20914585_338481693275764_8017308706907604639_n.jpg
20915555_338481729942427_3495478541047913684_n.jpg

Forum List

Back