Age - related Deterioration

Although I am shallow about looks (in women), I have come to understand that "beauty" is seldom the product of perfect bone structure, and more often the result of a woman looking physically fit, well-groomed, dressing appropriately, and carrying herself with respect. And to be something of a curmudgeon, tattoos are NOT attractive, and invariably detract from a woman's appearance.

I agree with that, except your characterization that appreciating the looks of a beautiful woman is shallow. Beauty itself tends to reflect the inner-character of a woman, at least among women who aren't intellectually challenged. A good woman chooses to be attractive, rather than an eyesore.

Tattoos are ugly. If I didn't think of most people as trashy, it would be a mystery to me why tattoos are so popular.

Easily, the vast majority of women, even older women, can be beautiful, but only if they're a lady first. Being able to paint their faces is a big advantage, if they've cultivated talent and taste.

I remember many years ago visiting Montreal, and looking with wonder at how many beautiful women I saw walking in the downtown area. Then it occurred to me: They weren't beautiful because they were beautiful, they just looked beautiful because they were NOT FAT (like so many American women), they were well groomed, well dressed, and carried themselves as though they were beautiful. Contrast this with what one sees in the U.S., even now. Enough said.

A woman can be beautiful at any age. But, most American women loose their beauty as soon as they hit middle-age, long before time has grayed their hair. The're fat slobs who carry themselves without any grace. Ditto for men.

Those who say it doesn't matter how you dress are ugly retards.

Of all the things that aren't pleasant as you age I think injuries that either don't heal or take months to heal are on the list. I know now when I get the flu it is at least a one month affair and likely more. What the hell, do your anti-bodies go down to Cabo for the summer off?
Solution. . don't get the flu.

Of all the things that aren't pleasant as you age I think injuries that either don't heal or take months to heal are on the list. I know now when I get the flu it is at least a one month affair and likely more. What the hell, do your anti-bodies go down to Cabo for the summer off?
Solution. . don't get the flu.

Or sprain an ankle, cut a finger, or knock your head against a low ceiling. Seriously, it's like your body says "eh we'll get around to repairing that finger cut at some point but right now bowling is on!"

One of the depressing things about facebook is seeing the babes I grew up with turning into haggard old ladies - usually fat ones.

I know, I know, I don't look the same as I did when I was younger, but I have the advantage of never having been pretty to start with.

It really makes you appreciate the older women who take care of themselves - and the magic of well - applied makeup.

I guess I'll never grow out of being shallow.
It should just make you realize the grass was never really 'greener on the other side of the fence'... with the men scoring these once pretty women as wives when you were younger.... :D

except that some women don't seem to deteriorate as much over time. My wife looks as attractive at 65 as she did at 40, as she did at 25. Not the same, just "as attractive." ALL of her many female cousins - approximately the same age - are "fat old Italian ladies." My wife colors her hair and spends a good bit of time with makeup, etc., every day, but she also works out, watches her diet, and knows how to dress. It shows.

Forum List

Back