Age of the Universe?

Uknow_me72

Apr 15, 2008
So if I was to go with the age of the universe being 13 Billion years old as our experts would say, how would they know that and doesn't that seem like a real long time for nothing to happen except for the last 6,000 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe

If you pay attention to technology we have accelled real fast as a race. Did we have help?

This only to get anyone who reads it to think about it.

No it wasn't. It was created so long ago. We have just recorded the last 6,000 years and assume nothing else intellegent has happened before that.

Granted there is a lot of unknowns out there, could it be possible that we are just sitting here caught up in our own quarrels of money and power to be to nieve to have the whole planet looking to better ourselves and produce things that benefit us.

Could the real world and more life be just out of our reach and sight because we just fight with each other over materials.

If there are other intellegent beings out there that are civilized and their own societies that may have been alive millions and maybe some billion years before we came about that could have figured out that a team is stronger then I and could be working to one goal of making sure their kind are being taking care of and that there future would be insured against erratication of some sort would that make us, the human race, retards of the universe and on the short bus because we can't get over our lust for power and money instead of helping each other?

Looking for an excuse to monologue?

Western Civilization...
Hell, even the left hand loving Arabs are so far ahead of the game as far as everything else on this planet is concerned, we might as well be Olympians.

Mate, you have to remember that we are an organic fluke in a vast cosmic ballet of matter and energy set to the tune of Entropy d minor. We are seconds away from death at all times. These 6000 years have been a wonderful fairy tale.

We've a little bit of a right to be proud of ourselves.

On the same hand, there could be something that lives in the crust of Neutron Stars that has a superconductor brain and thinks of a fusion bomb as a screw driver.

And you better thank your Homo habbilis ancestor for working his ass off in the thick of it with a stone axe-hammer and a little bit of protein between his ears.

Indeed, neanderthals probably should have been writing thesus papers on the world around them.

:rolleyes:

Read Carl Sagan's Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors if you really want an answer beyond trolling the board. Ill even give you an amazon link

51cn7ActJAL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Forgotten-Ancestors-Carl-Sagan/dp/0345384725[/ame]

So if I was to go with the age of the universe being 13 Billion years old as our experts would say, how would they know that and doesn't that seem like a real long time for nothing to happen except for the last 6,000 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe

If you pay attention to technology we have accelled real fast as a race. Did we have help?

This only to get anyone who reads it to think about it.

The age of the universe is 48 years, 5 months and 12 days.:cool:

Just noticed your tagline...about to watch the last two episodes of Life on Mars, Season Two...:O)

Oh, and that loud noise was Shoggie farting..

lol - I'm glad I was on the other side of the planet (assuming it existed at the time).

The final episode is very good, wraps everything up nicely. :D

Just noticed your tagline...about to watch the last two episodes of Life on Mars, Season Two...:O)

Oh, and that loud noise was Shoggie farting..

dude.. please, take my ass out of your range of daily mental fantasies.

Can we become benevolent yet?
We have been fighting for to long over nothing, no out come and nothing good has came out of it. Really how long has a war between the people being going on? Like over 4,000 years.

We can improve or science and technology with a race working together. I am not talking about a nationality but Human being that race.

Uknow_Me72 said:
Your kind of "benevolence" gets people dead. You got oaveries or testicles, they ain't there for you to be benevolent. They are there for you to fight and struggle and conquer all before you. Benevolence is allowing someone the opportunity to fail.

We have been fighting for to long over nothing, no out come and nothing good has came out of it.
Go grab a bong and start singing with the hippies! Malthus and Darwin can not be ignored!

6.6 billion people, men on the moon, highspeed internet communications, free trade, republicanism, democracy, increased longevity, disease eradication, transcontinental travel, nuclear power...

Much has been done.

To quote an aquaintence, "a little CHAOS is a good thing".

Shogun said:
Indeed, neanderthals probably should have been writing thesus papers on the world around them.
The dedication that we have to write thesus papers came from barely bipedal apes trying to make poorly shapen axe-hammers so they could suck marrow out of bones. With that same dedication came shit flinging--and I just ate plenty of fiber.

Read Carl Sagan's Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors if you really want an answer beyond trolling the board. Ill even give you an amazon link
Herd/swarm solutions for a troop species... :cuckoo:

GunnyL said:
The age of the universe is 48 years, 5 months and 12 days
You forgot to carry the seven.

We have been fighting for to long over nothing, no out come and nothing good has came out of it. Really how long has a war between the people being going on? Like over 4,000 years.

We can improve or science and technology with a race working together. I am not talking about a nationality but Human being that race.

And it will continue to go on unti *I* freakin' win, okay?:evil:

Bricks are going to be shit if/when something unusual comes out of the sky and there are no answers for it, if we can not defend if they are violent then what? We are at War with each other? Would a Treaty/Pact be made to save the world with our enemies until they leave?

The "BabyMakers" are exactly what they are. You can not conquer the world with your brass balls and gilded tally wacker. You want to do something useful with them. Have kids and show them how to be a real man or women, have them be responsible and take care of the people and not follow the rest of the awful world we live in. Tell them to do something that benifits humanity.

Fusion power > Nuclear power

Study and Education is a good thing. You know wouldn't this place be much more efficient if the almost 7 Billion on this planet were Rockect Scientist at an early age. Our US Education System is a joke and really dumming down America.

Bricks are going to be shit if/when something unusual comes out of the sky and there are no answers for it, if we can not defend if they are violent then what? We are at War with each other? Would a Treaty/Pact be made to save the world with our enemies until they leave?

The "BabyMakers" are exactly what they are. You can not conquer the world with your brass balls and gilded tally wacker. You want to do something useful with them. Have kids and show them how to be a real man or women, have them be responsible and take care of the people and not follow the rest of the awful world we live in. Tell them to do something that benifits humanity.

Study and Education is a good thing. You know wouldn't this place be much more efficient if the almost 7 Billion on this planet were Rockect Scientist at an early age. Our US Education System is a joke and really dumming down America.

When did they start allowing internet access to people in padded cells? Or do y'all get field trips to the library?

When did they start allowing internet access to people in padded cells? Or do y'all get field trips to the library?

I mean really? I am trying to put some new ideas out there to spur conversation on to open your mind. All you can come up with is I must be crazy.

All the crazy people are the ones who believe in this world as a good thing.

Uknow_Me72 said:
I mean really? I am trying to put some new ideas out there to spur conversation on to open your mind.
Rubbish, 'tis the same thing weepy hearts and empty heads have been spouting for the years that I've been alive and the preceeding decades which I have access to through living witnesses.

For instance, that type of lunacy is rife through out the trash fiction Star Trek.

All you can come up with is I must be crazy.
If it is an aquatic, diving, birdlike creature with a spear shaped bill, with black and white plumage, and a haunting laughlike cry... it must be a LOON.

All the crazy people are the ones who believe in this world as a good thing.
Braindead supremacist demagoguery. I love this world, that is why I am opposed to your lunacy being the dominant thought expression on it.

Bricks are going to be shit if/when something unusual comes out of the sky and there are no answers for it,
We could have manned spaceships at Jupiter right now -- with 1980s technology (probably 1970s). Blame anti-nuclear whackos and the whacko Soviet Union.

With an expanded space infastructure we could have increased warning time for NEOs.

if we can not defend if they are violent then what? We
Any non-Earth terrestial species capable of interstellar travel is likely to be smarter than us (refer to Rome-to-Renaissance millenium).

Read Footfall by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. If we can fight a hostile alien invader, the Earth will likely be depopulated by 2/3s if we are smart and have a lot of warning time.

That is even if we have a Pax Americana.

Would a Treaty/Pact be made to save the world with our enemies until they leave?
Species survival is paramount. No terrestial life form would traverse the Interstellar Medium on a sight seeing tour. If they can and are hostile we have NO way to fight them. Do you understand Darwin?

The "BabyMakers" are exactly what they are. You can not conquer the world with your brass balls and gilded tally wacker.
MOTIVATION

You want to do something useful with them.
Was that a question?

Have kids and show them how to be a real man or women, have them be responsible and take care of the people and not follow the rest of the awful world we live in. Tell them to do something that benifits humanity.
I will raise my goats anyway I see fit, and then I shall probably slaughter them.

Fusion and Fission are Nuclear processes.

And Moon Hotels are greater than Las Vegas Resorts; what is your point?

Study and Education is a good thing.
So are grammar books.

You know wouldn't this place be much more efficient if the almost 7 Billion on this planet were Rockect Scientist at an early age.
Statistically, this "place" would be more efficient and industrious if it were entirely populated by Anglo-Saxons.

Do you think it ill that first world coutries are so well off while there exists a great disparity with the mass of the world's population?

Our US Education System is a joke and really dumming down America.
Go complain in the Education Forum.

We have plenty to be proud of. We have more to be ashamed of.

The way we should behaving we are not. We can never move forward with closed minded lazy people who just don't want to try.

Let's see what we do not want to happen.
Economy Failure
Nuclear War
Slavery

We are on the verge of all of these things. Ask youself why?
With all the things I am saying it is not to pick a fight or to debate with you. I am pointing the straight out facts. We let this happen. We need to fix this. The world leaders are not doing it. They did not prevent it. We really do not have a choice but to follow the way they choose to lead us.

The bottom line is change we can believe in does not start with how cheap we can buy gas or if Iraq wants to be like America.

Change we can believe in is actually treating each other like equals, working together and making sure everyone is fed and comfortable.

Forum List

Back