Age Difference Remark I've Never Understood

eek! It doesn't surprise me that you can't relate to women in your peer group in real life.

Doesn't surprise me either. Who CAN relate to women in her peer group?

I have never wanted to relate to women in my "peer group" at any point in my life, if by that one means generic women on the street who happen to be the same age as me. I'm not entirely sure how that even makes them my peers. What's so freaking special about having been born in a certain year?

On the other hand, I relate extremely well to women in my social circles of all ages, and I would consider them much more my "peers" than some random chick who just happens to have been born in 1968.

I've said much the same thing in regards to race when someone talks about my "people", meaning white people. I have more in common with an educated black person than I ever could with an ignorant white person, race notwithstanding, because how long can you carry on a conversation about the melanin content of your skin? And how long can I carry on a conversation with someone about being a forty-year-old woman? Gonna get boring fast.

my friends range in age from 16...to well over 80......i am get on well with younger men and why does everyone assumes its the older women doing the chasinging....my son is 26..he talks about cougars a lot....i am not sure he is cougar meat...he is more the shogun type

I'm curious. Does the idea of your son being involved with an older woman bother you? My daughter is 19, and I can honestly say that, depending on the man, it wouldn't bother me at all. Of course, I've never been the type of parent who's hugely invested in my kids' lives once they're old enough to be independent.

Forum List

Back