Against Gov. Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Give me a break. We have an environmental disaster and the coast guard wants to make sure life jackets are aboard these barges before they can continue. :cuckoo: How about you let them do what they are doing while you check for life jackets??? Wow! That was hard to figure out.

It's like saying we need alternative energy and not letting companies drill for oil while we try to find affordable alternative energy, why not do both? :cuckoo:

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

Give me a break. We have an environmental disaster and the coast guard wants to make sure life jackets are aboard these barges before they can continue. :cuckoo: How about you let them do what they are doing while you check for life jackets??? Wow! That was hard to figure out.

It's like saying we need alternative energy and not letting companies drill for oil while we try to find affordable alternative energy, why not do both? :cuckoo:

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

Coast Guard said it would take 24 hrs. to safety inspect barges. Guess what? In the next 24 hrs. they did not inspect any of them.

You mean they could not have boarded the ship to check for the extinquishers and PFD's. They do this on private boats all the time. Issue citations and you are on your way. It has happened to me a few times but I had the needed items. Once someone was missing a fishing licence and they follow us to get it so no citiation was issued. This is a clear case of the administration wanting this disaster to not be cleaned up so it can use this disaster for political gain!!!! Like Rohm said "don't waste a crisis when you can use it to pass something that you would not be able to pass." Obama will use this to pass more taxes onto the American people and take more control over our lives with more rules and regulations!!!!!

Forum List

Back