Again, Single Women and their Dogs

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
A good friend of mine recently had to euthanize her many-year-old dog. During the time when she owned the dog her husband died, so of course she was "grateful" to the dog for helping her through some VERY difficult times.

But it's a dog, for Christ sake.

Remember the move Castaway, where the Tom Hanks character painted a face on a volleyball, named it "Wilson," and Wilson became his companion for the remainder of his trial?

Isn't this basically the same thing as having a relationship with your dog?

A good friend of mine recently had to euthanize her many-year-old dog. During the time when she owned the dog her husband died, so of course she was "grateful" to the dog for helping her through some VERY difficult times.

Remember the move Castaway, where the Tom Hanks character painted a face on a volleyball, named it "Wilson," and Wilson became his companion for the remainder of his trial?

No. It's not the same.

No, it isn’t. Dogs are the most wonderful creatures on Earth.
Have you ever had a dog?

That's like saying my leaky kitchen faucet is the same as Niagara.

No, it isn’t. Dogs are the most wonderful creatures on Earth.
Have you ever had a dog?

We had to put my Rocky down not long ago. I grieved as if losing a family member cuz I did. In 35 years, I never saw my husband tear up till that day. He was 160 pounds of pure, unconditional love.

I lost my Henry recently and my beloved Arwen before that. They were my friends, companions and family.
:cryhug_1_:

I am so sorry. I know of that sorrowful feeling as I have experienced it several times and will do so again. They live in my heart and I cherish the memories of us.

I have a cat that is like a part of the family to me. He even tries to talk to me. I could swear the other day he said "fat ass".

I have a cat that is like a part of the family to me. He even tries to talk to me. I could swear the other day he said "fat ass".
I have two cats. They love each other and they love me. We are a little family but I do miss having a dog. There are more ways to enjoy a dog than there are a cat. A dog is a buddy, a companion, going anywhere and everywhere with me I want them to. My adorable and cherished cats don't enjoy car rides or walks on the beach. lol. I can only have two animals were I rent my beautiful apartment but living on the second floor high above the walking park and having a great job I would hate to give up, just necessitated having cats this time over dogs. I do miss dogs. I hope there is another one in my future, where I can take care and have the time to give her or him a great life.

Was there a point to this thread?

Absolutely not. Dogs love. Dogs sense emotions and try to comfort us. People could learn a lot from dogs.

Absolutely not. Dogs love. Dogs sense emotions and try to comfort us. People could learn a lot from dogs.

People DID learn a lot from dogs.

To dismiss and disparage the feelings of his very good friend while she's hurting?

To dismiss and disparage the feelings of his very good friend while she's hurting?

That would mean the OP is a SOB.

No. A dog is a living creature with actual emotions of its own.

A volleyball is a volleyball.

Losing Addie was the last time I can remember crying....
Since losing Jack Dempsey.

If you don’t cry when you lose a dog, don’t get another one. You don’t deserve one.

Yep...
Dogs are every bit family as people if you have them for the right reasons.
I'd immediately shoot a MFer who tried to do harm to my dogs.

And that goes for the two new little shits we acquired.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f4.jpeg
    835.4 KB · Views: 64
  • fullsizeoutput_ec.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ec.jpeg
    898.9 KB · Views: 52
Losing Addie was the last time I can remember crying....
Since losing Jack Dempsey.

If you don’t cry when you lose a dog, don’t get another one. You don’t deserve one.

Yep...
Dogs are every bit family as people if you have them for the right reasons.
I'd immediately shoot a MFer who tried to do harm to my dogs.

And that goes for the two new little shits we acquired.

Damn they're cute little shits!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3203.JPG
    IMG_3203.JPG
    759.6 KB · Views: 51

Forum List

Back