Again For Jillian, The Reason For Bloggers

It's quite simple, really.
The MSM is corrupted by the same forces that have corrupted most everything else: greed, conflict of interest, a race to the bottom and lust for power with no concept of the responsibility that goes with it.
But just because bloggers are competing with the MSM does not automatically make them good either. The enemy of my enemy is not always my friend.
I don't have an answer for where to turn to get the same quality of actual news we enjoyed a generation ago. If any of you find anything, let me know!

It's called research. ;)

So basically what I'm reading here is that nobody really trusts any mainstream newsources, anymore, and that blogs may or may not achive the same level of incredibility?

How nice.

With no commonly accepted creible news sources, all discussion of the news becomes nothing but opinions expressed without the ability to cite credible sources to prove one's points?

What an excelllent way for the disinformationists to spew nonsense and then retreat from having to prove it from credible sources.

How abolutely perfect that situation is for the know-nothing party.

Such a state of affairs makes democracy impossbile, of course.

Pretty much a state of affairs that I think many Americans (including quite of few of them who post here, I note) would much prefer.

Democracy is so messy, anyway.
thats what happens when you don't have true JOURNALISM

So basically what I'm reading here is that nobody really trusts any mainstream newsources, anymore, and that blogs may or may not achive the same level of incredibility?

How nice.

With no commonly accepted creible news sources, all discussion of the news becomes nothing but opinions expressed without the ability to cite credible sources to prove one's points?

What an excelllent way for the disinformationists to spew nonsense and then retreat from having to prove it from credible sources.

How abolutely perfect that situation is for the know-nothing party.

Such a state of affairs makes democracy impossbile, of course.

Pretty much a state of affairs that I think many Americans (including quite of few of them who post here, I note) would much prefer.

Democracy is so messy, anyway.
thats what happens when you don't have true JOURNALISM

But that doesn't sell, sensationalism and opinion however do. ;)

It's quite simple, really.
The MSM is corrupted by the same forces that have corrupted most everything else: greed, conflict of interest, a race to the bottom and lust for power with no concept of the responsibility that goes with it.
But just because bloggers are competing with the MSM does not automatically make them good either. The enemy of my enemy is not always my friend.
I don't have an answer for where to turn to get the same quality of actual news we enjoyed a generation ago. If any of you find anything, let me know!
When I read the MSM, I picked and chose which to buy. There was a time that I subscribed to 3 newspapers, 2 local which were mostly on opposite political sides, 1 from NY. I also subscribed to the 3 'big' weekly magazines. Dropped 2 of the magazines over 12 years ago, when they stopped reporting and their analysis became more than predictable. I didn't need to pay for what I could have written.

Dropped the NY paper around the same time for increasing bias in 'news' articles. Dropped the more 'liberal' local about 7 years ago. The former 'conservative one' about a year ago.

I'm careful in reading online. Rarely do I not 'search' a topic I read. Often the search takes me to the former newpapers online sites, where the same type of coverage, meaning with the writer's spin. Still it's the only way I know to check out stories and get different perspectives.

I think it's a better way to participate in our democracy.

Forum List

Back