Ag Secretary: "NO CORN FOR YOU!"

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
U.S. crop boom not enough to rebuild thin supplies

So... here we have "razor thin" grain inventories, prices for food are rising, and agriculture says that diverting 36% of the entire corn harvest to ethanol production isn't enough?

Despite criticism that using food for fuel was driving up prices and contributing to thin stockpiles, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack told the conference the government had no intention of scaling back on ethanol.

"There is no reason for us to take the foot off the gas," Vilsack told the conference. "This is a great opportunity for us because we can do it all, make no mistake about it."

THE CORN NAZI HAS SPOKEN!

It's wrong, in every sense. ethanol doesn't help the environment, in fact it uses more energy than it saves. The government knows it and has for years, going back at least to Clinton. Considering the world economy, it's just worse now:

The Looming Food Crisis

Just the preview and title, rest at link:

In wealthy nations as well as in poor ones, consumers express alarm about fast-rising food prices, and their governments are well aware that shortages can quickly translate into unrest and political crisis. Complaints today may be mild compared with those looming ahead unless governments take steps to curb policies that encourage speculation, warns economist David Dapice. Subsidies that divert corn to ethanol fuel reduce food supplies and add to price rise. Despite extreme weather events in some exporting nations, per-capita food production has climbed in recent years, he explains, adding that low interest rates encourage speculation, stockpiling and waste. Price hikes are less noticeable for wealthiest consumers whose products carry high marketing and packaging costs, but for the poor it’s a question of survival. Research and technology advances in the agriculture industry may sustain a growing population for only so long. Failure to address the needs of the poor could risk security for all. – YaleGlobal

The Looming Food Crisis

Extreme weather, economic forces of rising demand and speculation threaten global food security

David Dapice YaleGlobal , 18 February 2011

The corn going to the ethanol plants comes out as corn protein called DDGs (Distiller Dried Grains). It feeds the animals that used to eat the corn & turn it into methane farts that was 15 times stronger of a greenhouse gas than CO2.

The reason prices are high is because China is now buying most of our Corn & DDGs. Our US Dollar is so weak it makes our Corn & DDGs cheap to foreigners. Ben Bernanke & his printing press will make the commodity prices based on US Dollars keep on rising.

When our government prints money it takes almost 2 years to cause inflation. So they print & later when inflation shows up they blame shortages to deflect criticism. This is the same old scam governments have been pulling on it's citizens for ever. Just wait, all kinds of shortages are about to show up. Ask yourself - Why is Cotton 3 times higher than 2 years ago? Oil? Wheat? Copper?

Why is there a tariff on ethanol imported by the U.S.? To protect Big Ag's monopoly?

And if that isn't enough, Big Ag is dumping yet more corn onto Mexican markets and squeezing out local farmers.

Why is there a tariff on ethanol imported by the U.S.? To protect Big Ag's monopoly?

And if that isn't enough, Big Ag is dumping yet more corn onto Mexican markets and squeezing out local farmers.

Grain is getting dumped on many foreign countries because it is cheap for them to buy it up due to our weak ass US dollar. It makes our grains cheaper than theirs. Get used to high food, energy, clothing & copper wire prices here for the same reason.

"Never let a crisis go to waste" Rahm Emanuel. Do the g-damned math. Oil is the product of tens of millions of years of decomposition of organic matter. How the hell does the government think a crop of corn is going to make any difference in fossil fuel consumption? Thanks to democrat party policies we are dependent on foreign politics and we are sending our treasure to oil producing countries while the president tells us to be patient, a substitute for oil is right around the corner.

There is no substitute for oil. Ethanol can only replace 12% of our current fuel consumption. Your life will completely change without oil.

We do not have a lack of land for food, we have a lack of farmers. I live on a farm, and most of my family farms, and most of them either: A) Stay on the farm or B) Join the military. Problem is, staying on the farm is rough work, and if you fail, you really fail. If your farm goes down, it's not like a corporation where you have money set aside, say goodbye to your normal life.

I hope to farm once I retire from the USAF, but really, I don't ever want to be like my other family members, large-scale farming. Also, I hope we don't end up going hungry, but me personally, I am pretty sure if we worked efficiently, as of now, we could self-exist on the acreage we have, but honestly, beans/corn could get old quick.

We do not have a lack of land for food, we have a lack of farmers. I live on a farm, and most of my family farms, and most of them either: A) Stay on the farm or B) Join the military. Problem is, staying on the farm is rough work, and if you fail, you really fail. If your farm goes down, it's not like a corporation where you have money set aside, say goodbye to your normal life.

I hope to farm once I retire from the USAF, but really, I don't ever want to be like my other family members, large-scale farming. Also, I hope we don't end up going hungry, but me personally, I am pretty sure if we worked efficiently, as of now, we could self-exist on the acreage we have, but honestly, beans/corn could get old quick.

One thing about the USAF, and I don't mean it to be critical. You either fly or you wipe wings. If you want to spend a career wiping wings it's fine. Personally I'm biased toward the Marines. Every Marine, including pilots, is a rifleman. Think about it.

How does that work? Dumping corn onto mexican markets and squeezing out local farmers?
I understand the squeezing out local farmers, but the locals around her love higher corn prices.

How does that work? Dumping corn onto mexican markets and squeezing out local farmers?
I understand the squeezing out local farmers, but the locals around her love higher corn prices.

He means squeezing out local Mexican farmers inside Mexico.

He means squeezing out local Mexican farmers inside Mexico.

ahh like the USA did with Rice in Haiti?
it brought down the price so locals could not make a living doing it.
the USA has a long history of doing things like this to other countries.

Last edited:

One thing about the USAF, and I don't mean it to be critical. You either fly or you wipe wings. If you want to spend a career wiping wings it's fine. Personally I'm biased toward the Marines. Every Marine, including pilots, is a rifleman. Think about it.

I am going in as Security Forces, they don't fly or wipe wings.

I am going in as Security Forces, they don't fly or wipe wings.

It was intended as a metaphor but the fact that you didn't get it indicates that you are sold on the career. Everybody in the USAF has a single mission and one mission only and that is to keep the wings flying. The security force wipes wings just as surely as the computer geeks or the cooks. It's not a bad thing but don't be fooled.

NEWS FLASH!!! - Ethanol plants produce a co-product. It is called animal feed DDGS (Distillers Dried Grains) You take feed corn to the ethanol plants & you get back both food & fuel!!!

Cattle that would have eaten the corn grain and soybean meal to supplement their diet, now eat distillers grains as that part of their balanced diet. Equal or better performance (rates of gain for beef cattle or milk yield in dairy cows) are usually reported from cows with up to 20% of their diet from distillers grains are compared with control diets.

5475887048_cc86bab3ff_b.jpg

Last edited:
NEWS FLASH!!! - Ethanol plants produce a co-product. It is called animal feed DDGS (Distillers Dried Grains) You take feed corn to the ethanol plants & you get back both food & fuel!!!

Cattle that would have eaten the corn grain and soybean meal to supplement their diet, now eat distillers grains as that part of their balanced diet. Equal or better performance (rates of gain for beef cattle or milk yield in dairy cows) are usually reported when diets with up to 20% of their food intake from distillers grains are compared with control diets.

5475887048_cc86bab3ff_b.jpg

NEWS FLASH! Government invents perpetual motion machine!

Forum List

Back