AG loretta Lynch to sue Illinois town for refusing islamic temple permit

A Muslim temple is followed by a Muslim crier, you chants five times a day to tell Muslims it's time to put down a carpet and pray in the direction of Mecca.

You know my initial impression of ms lynch was good, I liked her. I am so disappointed that she is serving the demands of Obama instead of the demands of the law. If this justice department does not indict Hilary then every regular person in America will know that the laws in the U.S. Do not apply equally to all. Justice will be a joke. And when that happens people will begin to lose respect for,the law.

There is no indication that it was denied because of religion. It was denied because of the location and safety concerns. If the General Plan by the city says it's a commercial building in a commercial area, they review that plan for a reason. The muslims can look elsewhere to place their mosque.

the Federal government is run by nothing but a bunch of bigots

The city of Des Plaines, Illinois, a Chicago suburb, is being sued by Attorney General Loretta Lynch with the full-weight of the Department of Justice because in 2013, the city council denied a rezoning request by the American Islamic Center (AIC) to turn a commercial business building into an Islamic religious site.

Something to ponder...some of us already know, many are still following the Manchurian muslim!

8FygkcT.jpg

You know my initial impression of ms lynch was good, I liked her. I am so disappointed that she is serving the demands of Obama instead of the demands of the law. If this justice department does not indict Hilary then every regular person in America will know that the laws in the U.S. Do not apply equally to all. Justice will be a joke. And when that happens people will begin to lose respect for,the law.
Thank goodness there will be a new Atty General in Feb 2017

Just another headquarters for planning a school shooting or marathon bombing... That will be federal government approved.

Embrace the suck

don't you all love getting SUED by you own Federal Government? someone has to pay for it don't they?

Who know's how many towns, cities and states this administration has sued. I've never seen anything like it. this is boarding on tyranny folks. you want more of the same vote in another tyrant for this Progressive/democrat/commie party in 2016

A Muslim temple is followed by a Muslim crier, you chants five times a day to tell Muslims it's time to put down a carpet and pray in the direction of Mecca.
There's a cure for that....

They use a loudspeaker, so in Iraq they cut the wires when they got tired of the racket...

The ignorance, hate, and stupidity of the USMB right is truly remarkable, but not surprising.

The lawsuit is perfectly appropriate and justified, given the facts of the case:

"The Justice Department announced today that it had filed a lawsuit against the city of Des Plaines, Illinois, alleging that the city violated the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000 (RLUIPA) when it refused to allow the American Islamic Center (AIC) to operate a place of worship in a vacant office building it had contracted to purchase.

The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago, alleges that the city of Des Plaines imposed a substantial burden on the AIC’s exercise of religion and otherwise discriminated against AIC based on religion when it refused to grant its request for rezoning that would allow it to operate an Islamic place of worship in a vacant office building it had contracted to purchase. The complaint alleges that the city imposed parking standards and other zoning criteria that were not supported under its zoning ordinance and that it had never imposed on non-Muslim places of worship."

Justice Department Files Suit Against City of Des Plaines, Illinois, for Refusing to Allow Islamic Center to Operate | OPA | Department of Justice

Of course, most on the right aren't interested in the facts, just propagating their hateful lies and stupidity.

Forum List

Back