Aftermath Of Bush's Speech

Bosh. If you supported the troops you wouldnt be undermining everything they are trying to work for. If you supported the troops you wouldnt have voted for a man who voted to send them into harms way and then voted against giving them the funds they need to survive simply because he wanted to increase taxes. If you supported the troops you wouldnt accuse them of torture and all this hate america BS crap you've been spouting.

You cant support the troops and attack the nation and freedom they are fighting for. You can say it all you want but your actions speak louder than words.

it's something amazing how people equate supporting the troops to supporting the president. they are NOT one in the same. if you think the 61% of people that are unhappy with the job bush has done up to date = only 39% of the people in support the troops, you simply aren't very bright.

on the topic of the chimp's speech. i can't believe he pumped up 9/11 again. the whoring of this subject has become so shameless, i'm embarassed for all of the chimp worshippers.

and to those of you that are still very determined to support this war in iraq, there are plenty of contractor jobs available in iraq just waiting for your contribution.

spillmind said:
it's something amazing how people equate supporting the troops to supporting the president. they are NOT one in the same. if you think the 61% of people that are unhappy with the job bush has done up to date = only 39% of the people in support the troops, you simply aren't very bright.

on the topic of the chimp's speech. i can't believe he pumped up 9/11 again. the whoring of this subject has become so shameless, i'm embarassed for all of the chimp worshippers.

and to those of you that are still very determined to support this war in iraq, there are plenty of contractor jobs available in iraq just waiting for your contribution.

Good to see ya, Spilly.

Bullypulpit said:
And you think HE supports the troops? They're nothing to him but props.

please find me a direct quote as to when he said that, or what he says or has said that makes you think that. or are you just saying this because you hate him so much, you refuse to agree that the sky is blue, and rather say it's pink, only because you can't stand the person who says it IS blue?

freeandfun1 said:
Bully, Gab, may I recommend that both of you watch the show on TLC called "Operation Homecoming". They profile soldiers returning from the war and getting to see their families for the first time in months. One thing you will notice is that just about EVERY soldier profiled says that they truly believe in what they are doing. One soldier on a show a couple of days ago had lost his leg and he still wanted to go back. Why? According to him, because it is an honour for him to fight for our country and that he truly believes that what America is doing in the ME is the right thing to do. He held an American flag and said to those watching, "for those of you that don't understand, let me tell you; we fight, we die and some of us come home maimed for THIS flag and we do it with pride and honour". You two could learn a little something from that soldier. But you both have your heads so far up your liberal asses living in a make believe land that you will NEVER understand.

One can only applaud our troops for their loyalty. Were they to be otheriwse, they would simply be a band of thugs rather than a highly trained and motivated professional army. The conflict in Iraq was not of their making...They are following their orders valiantly, this despite the ignorance of the civilian leadership in Washington.

Having served, and having family who are currently serving, I know all too well the sacrifices our young men and and women in uniform are making. I don't need some self-righteous twit lecturing me on this matter.

As for Dubbyuh's little talk, rather than laying out any specific plans for Iraq, he spent his time spewing the same tired crap he's been spouting since he waded into the debacle we now know as Iraq. He tried, yet again, to link Iraq with 9/11. As we all know, but many refuse to accept, there was no such link. George W. Bush et al broke Iraq, and we bought it. He and his administration need to step aside and let the generals do their jobs so we can get our men and women in uniform home.

Had Dubbyuh and the rest of the chicken-hawks in the administration listened to their generals, rather than forcing them into retirement...Had they adopted the post-war plan for Iraq laid out by Colin Powell's State Department rather than dismissing it out of hand, we would not now be in these straights. We might actually be wrapping up these operations. Better yet, had they tied up all of the loose ends in Afghanistan and truly secured that country, we would have had no further worries about the the Taliban and Al Qaeda. But no. Based on the flimsiest of rationales...with Afghanistan unsecured and the Taliban and Al Qaeda still active in that country, the President and his administration misled this nation into an illegal and unjust war. They have created a training ground for terrorists that far outstrips anything that could have been done in Afghanistan under the Taliban.

So please, feel free to continue to display your utter ignorance and slavish devotion to Dubbyuh and his administration...I will defend, to the death, your right to do so.

gop_jeff said:
Good leaders make tough decisions. Bush's decision to stay the course in Iraq is a tough decision, but he has laid out his reasoning behind it.

Bad leaders make stupid decisions. Dubbyuh did nothing but repeat the same old crap he's been spouting fot the last five years.

Bullypulpit said:
Bad leaders make stupid decisions. Dubbyuh did nothing but repeat the same old crap he's been spouting fot the last five years.
And Bully et al ar doing the same...spouting the same old crap....

:piss2:
spillmind said:

Right. What a total load of crap. Are you and Garbledella related? Or do you just suck swill from the same trough? You little leftie piglets are so mired in your muck that you can't even put new spin on your pigshit. You just dredge up the same crap and hope that the rest of us won't recognize it for what it is.

I know that mentioning 9-11 is considered gauche amongst the elitist leftist society. I know you'd like to forget all about it and go back and stick your heads up your butts and pretend it never happened. You do that because you don't have the nerve to get off of your gutless butt and stand up for your own country. So you have to invent some reasons which hide your true cowardly motives and still allow you to view your sorry ass in the mirror without vomiting.

Give it a rest - or at least come up with something new. You're really getting pretty tedious.

Merlin1047 said:
:piss2:

Right. What a total load of crap. Are you and Garbledella related? Or do you just suck swill from the same trough? You little leftie piglets are so mired in your muck that you can't even put new spin on your pigshit. You just dredge up the same crap and hope that the rest of us won't recognize it for what it is.

I know that mentioning 9-11 is considered gauche amongst the elitist leftist society. I know you'd like to forget all about it and go back and stick your heads up your butts and pretend it never happened. You do that because you don't have the nerve to get off of your gutless butt and stand up for your own country. So you have to invent some reasons which hide your true cowardly motives and still allow you to view your sorry ass in the mirror without vomiting.

Give it a rest - or at least come up with something new. You're really getting pretty tedious.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with talking about 9/11. It's fabricating links between saddam Hussein and 9/11 out of whole cloth that offends. Like it or not, and I know you don't like it, there is no link between Saddam Hussein and 9/11.

<blockquote>The commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks reported Wednesday that Osama bin Laden met with a top Iraqi official in 1994 but found “no credible evidence” of a link between Iraq and al-Qaida in attacks against the United States. - <a href=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5223932/>MSNBC</a></blockquote>

<blockquote>The US national commission examining the 11 September 2001 attacks has found no "credible evidence" that Iraq helped al-Qaeda militants carry them out.

The statement appears in a report on al-Qaeda published before the final public session of the commission.

It contradicts remarks by the US vice-president about Saddam Hussein's "long-established ties" with al-Qaeda.

Iraq's alleged links with al-Qaeda were part of the justification the Bush administration gave for invading Iraq. - <a href=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3812351.stm>BBC News</a></blockquote>

Bullypulpit said:
I don't need some self-righteous twit lecturing me on this matter.
You are the only one coming across as self-righteous in this discussion. I only recommended you watch a TV show. I am sure you won't because you won't be able to stomach how much our military believes in what they are doing. You already have your self-righteous ideas implanted in your mind and you are not open to the TRUTH.

Bullypulpit said:
As for Dubbyuh's little talk, rather than laying out any specific plans for Iraq...
You say you served. If you did, you know that in NO conflict do we tell the nation our plans. That is idiotic and truly makes me doubt your service. Did Roosevelt tell the nation our plans for D-Day? What about our plans to invade Okinowa? Nope, because that would have aided the enemy. Your comments are idiotic and partisan.

The rest of your spiel is spiel not worth addressing as you obviously ignore the facts, the info passed on from the previous administration and the truth. You know what you WANT to believe and that is all you will believe. You are so close minded it is truly and sadly pathetic.

Bullypulpit said:

Amazingly unobservant. I heard, on local talk radio, Mark Udall (D Congressman from Boulder County) repeat almost exactly what Bush said all the while saying, "He should have said". It gets almost comical. At least he was smart enough to say that we need to stay until we have succeeded in helping to set up a Democratic Government in that area (which Bush said was the plan) just adding the words "Bush should have said" doesn't mean he didn't it just means you wish he didn't.

Every time I hear a Democrat give their "plan" they simply repeat what we are doing now, and what Bush has said we are doing, and then say, "Bush doesn't say this..." and the Kook-Aid drinkers on the left jump in front of that parade grab a stick and start "leading" it. They keep repeating it slavishly even when the simplest of people can tell that all they do is repeat what we are already doing then attempt to say that "Bush never laid it out!" against all reason and what we have just heard.

I still think you are smarter than this Bully, that your hatred for Bush simply blinds you beyond all reasoning capacity. You can get over this and return to sanity by simply listening instead of simply repeating what you hear on Air America.

The President makes his case
Cal Thomas

June 29, 2005

Perhaps not since his post-9/11 address to Congress has President Bush laid out with such clarity the purpose and cost of war against terrorism and for the liberation and emancipation of Iraq.

He answered his critics who had been asking to know the goal, and the methods he intends to employ to reach it, as well as an indication of when the troops might start coming home.

Americans are used to instant oatmeal and instant replays, and they need to understand there can be no instant war with instant results. President Bush repeated Tuesday night that this war will take time; it will cost a lot of money and lives, and it will not be over soon. World wars never are, and the president said troops across the world are fighting a global war on terror.

Perhaps afraid to offend Muslims, the president did not refer to the real motivational force that fuels the killings and chaos. He said these terrorists "murder in the name of a totalitarian ideology." But that totalitarian ideology has a name and a religion that drives its fanaticism. It is Islamofacism.

The president hopes this pep talk will shore-up public support for the war. It should, in the short term. What is the alternative? Some Democrats criticized the president's address even before it was delivered, taking partisan advantage of a dip in the polls about a struggle that must succeed.

Sen. Joseph Biden, Delaware Democrat, said in his post-speech analysis on NBC that "no one is talking about cutting and running." Yes, they are. There have been claims of failure and calls for a withdrawal timetable, mostly by Democrats, but also by some Republicans.

Bush answered such criticism in his speech: "Setting an artificial timetable would send the wrong message to the Iraqis, who need to know that America will not leave before the job is done. It would send the wrong signal to our troops, who need to know that we are serious about completing the mission they are risking their lives to achieve. And it would send the wrong message to the enemy, who would know that all they have to do is wait us out."

Bush has bet everything on a single principle, enunciated by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on her recent Middle East trip and believed as a matter of faith by the president: All people yearn to breathe free and live in a democratic nation. That ideal remains to be achieved, but it is now being tested in the most difficult region of the world to plant democracy.

One reason for this difficulty is that radical Islamists see the United States as un-free and in bondage to rampant sexuality, female immodesty and a general disdain for God. They believe they are the free ones.

Totalitarian ideologies based on atheistic humanism are easier to defeat than this enemy, which finds its motivation in the direct orders it claims to have from Allah. So not only must these terrorists be defeated militarily, they must also be defeated religiously. Moderate Muslims must take the leadership away from the misnterpreters of their faith, if misinterpreters they are.

The president properly warned the American people that this world war will not end soon because the stakes could not be higher. He quoted Osama bin Laden as saying: "This Third World War is raging" in Iraq. "The whole world is watching this war." Bin Laden says it will end in "victory and glory or misery and humiliation."

The president wants to make sure the misery and humiliation is theirs, not ours. That will be determined not just by Iraqi and American troops on the ground in Iraq, but by the level and intensity of support at home.

Bin Laden and his co-murderers are making a huge bet of their own. They are wagering that as in Vietnam 30 years ago, Lebanon 20 years ago and Mogadishu 11 years ago, America will lose heart and retreat.

This may not be the war to end all wars, but if it isn't won, it could be the beginning of endless wars in which the United States and the rest of the free world never again know peace.

The president listed the failures of the terrorists. His hope is he will never have to list ours.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/printct20050629.shtml

Bullypulpit said:
Kathi, dear lady, I do support the troops...I do not, however, support the C-in-C. His administration put our troops in harms way based upon a lie...His administration ignored the advice of his generals who stated 200 to 400 thousand troops would be needed to secure Iraq...His administration pointedly ignores the plans made by the State Department for a post-war Iraq...His administration failed to ensure our troops had adequate equipment for the job at hand...His adminstration tried to cut combat pay, death benefits and disability pay for those wounded and maimed in Iraq.

And you think HE supports the troops? They're nothing to him but props.

i think you confuse somalia with iraq and clinton with bush

Bullypulpit said:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with talking about 9/11. It's fabricating links between saddam Hussein and 9/11 out of whole cloth that offends. Like it or not, and I know you don't like it, there is no link between Saddam Hussein and 9/11.

How many times does the administration have to state that fact before you admit that there was never an attempt by the Bush administration to link Saddam with 9-11? Why is it that you just can't take yes for an answer?

What link has been fabricated? Other than the tenuous accusations of lefties who just can't get it through their heads that Saddam was never accused of being part or parcel of 9-11. And why do you find mention of 9-11 so offensive? After 9-11, ANY terrorist target on the face of the planet was and continues to be, fair game. I don't care who participated, who didn't, who cheered or who secretly funneled money. It doesn't matter. If they're part of the terrorist network, they are our enemy and they need to be destroyed.

Hobbit said:
They're frickin' SOLDIERS!!! Have you ever actually met a soldier? Unless you catch somebody who joined assuming he would get a job and a free education without actually having to fight, you'll find that the soldiers you are so vehemently trying to "protect" would bust you up for the effort more likely than thank you. True soldiers, like my uncle, my grandfather, and several of my friends, are not really irritated that they have to risk their lives. That's what they signed up for and they're proud to do it. Now, like anybody else, they don't want to die, but they'd rather die than stand back and watch as somebody like Saddam kills countless others. The mentality of a soldier is sacrifice, determination, and defense of the weak and the innocent, and these speeches you make about not doing anything about anything with the military so you can "spare their lives" will be more likely to get you a black eye than a pat on the back.

Being a Vietnam era veteran US Army 1964-1968 I dropped out of college after my first semester 1964 to join the Army and serve...I was not thinking about GI Benefits if I served... I was doing just fine on my own...My decision came after I was hurt playing football and took a break from school...I thought to myself ...what am I doing and where do I want to go...I said hey my country needs me and I don't want the stigma of being drafted...so I voluntered...It was a great decision...I matured and did receive benefits after serving...I felt good about myself...No one wants to die...but sometimes you must take the chance to serve your country........... :usa:

Forum List

Back