After Youtube, now Facebook wil get banned

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
Youtube is banned, because it ows the State money through its Adsense business.
Goggle does not pay any taxes to Turkish State. It refuses, so we have banned them to eliminate that competition from Turkish advertisers who reside in Turkey and pay their taxes.

Now it is very likely that Facebook will get banned, this seems to be problematic as 22.5 Million Turks have accounts on Facebook and represent 4th biggest nationaliy on it
Facebook may be next victim of Turkey’s Internet bans - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

The head of the Telecommunication Transmission Directorate is currently facing a prison jail of 1-3 years for not following the order to restrict acces to a Facebook group, where opposition leader Mr. Kilicdaroglu was added as a PKK member of that PKK group.
There was complaint regarding this issue in the courts, and Facebook did not show up in the court.

Turkey to give all citizens national email addresses
Email addresses will be added to identity cards given to children when born
The Anaposta project will see email addresses added to identity cards from birth, with each account having a quota of 10 gigabytes.
Turkey to give all citizens national email addresses - Web - News & Features - ITP.net

Information Technologies and Communication Board (BTK)
"... Every child will have an e-mail address written on his/her identity card since birth. So, will have a mobile network that can be used thanks to id number match and
foreign networks, such as Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail, will not be used anymore"

The key reason why Turkey sees Anaposta as a national security project - all the data will be transferring through servers in Turkey, not in the US as Google's Gmail.
Google goes to bed with CIA | NameNotFound | Blogs, RT info - RT

Only problems with those Americans and their general echelon shit, every Muslim is under general-suspicion of being a Terrorist.

ekrem, I don't mean to rub your face in it or sound arrogant... it's just that these types of stories make me cognizant of the liberties I have here in America, and proud of them. I guess it puts things in perspective for me when I see foreign governments doing this kind of shit.

I'm assuming most Turks are against this proposed ban?

Only problems with those Americans and their general echelon shit, every Muslim is under general-suspicion of being a Terrorist.

America to muslims: Boo fucking hoo.

Maybe it would help if muslims stopped murdering innocent people in cold blood world wide.

Remind me to thank God that I was born in America. I've been to Turkey - interesting country but, I guess they're not big on this whole 'freedom' thing. Any government who gave me an email address is gonna get it straight back.

"... Every child will have an e-mail address written on his/her identity card since birth. So, will have a mobile network that can be used thanks to id number match and
foreign networks, such as Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail, will not be used anymore"

I wish that I could have a government issued email account...that way, I could direct all of my spam to that address and leave my other 15 Yahoomail, 3 gmail, and 5 Hotmail accounts free of garbage.

You are lucky!

Turkey to give all citizens national email addresses
Email addresses will be added to identity cards given to children when born

Have fun with that.

2003111500110402.jpg

ZDNet - Is Turkey's search engine a backlash against US Internet firms?

Information Technologies and Communication Board (BTK)
"All internet communication data goes to foreign countries and then it returns. This activity has a security aspect," Acarer said.
Existing search engines can not meet Turkey's needs and are sometimes deaf to country's sensitivities, Acarer said, also adding problems occurred because of Turkish letters which do not exist in English alphabet.
"I believe that our search engine will be popular in Turkic countries and Muslim countries and I am confident that these countries will trust our search engine," Acarer said.
Turkish engineers developing internet search engine [ WORLD BULLETIN- TURKEY NEWS, WORLD NEWS ]

ekrem, I don't mean to rub your face in it or sound arrogant... it's just that these types of stories make me cognizant of the liberties I have here in America, and proud of them. I guess it puts things in perspective for me when I see foreign governments doing this kind of shit.

I'm assuming most Turks are against this proposed ban?

The bans are resulting mostly from private-person complaints in courts.

Its not the state policy -->
Turkey's President Tweets Against Internet Ban - CBS News

The Prime Minister is using proxies for Youtube, he urges also everyone to do the same
Türkei: Erdogan umgeht YouTube-Verbot

You can have my internet when you pry me from this warm, smelly, food stained chair!!!!

NSA, CIA and all other stuff.
You really think, you are the Freedom-Cinderella of the Internet, especially after the Neo-Con introduced daily war-terror threat is green or orange level?

I support those plans, because it means, that online-activity of Turkish citizens will go through Servers located in Turkey in an environment which was set-up with the clear objective to secure their privacy from the beginning.

Last edited:
Google does not pay any taxes to Turkey, allthough it has a subsidary in Turkey and offices there.
Google refuses to pay, as it argues it operates its Adsense Europe business from Ireland and pays there its taxes.

But it still wants to earn money with Advertising from Turkish companies.
In june 2010 the ban was widened on Google Docs, Google Translate, Google Books, Google Analytics, and Google Tools.

It owes the finance ministry already 47 Million $.
Big business against national authority.

Turkey fines Google for violating tax laws
Turkish government claims Google owes ?32 million in taxes
Turkey sets the price to lift the ban on YouTube and Google services - Wikinews, the free news source

Youtube is banned, because it ows the State money through its Adsense business.
Goggle does not pay any taxes to Turkish State. It refuses, so we have banned them to eliminate that competition from Turkish advertisers who reside in Turkey and pay their taxes.

Now it is very likely that Facebook will get banned, this seems to be problematic as 22.5 Million Turks have accounts on Facebook and represent 4th biggest nationaliy on it
Facebook may be next victim of Turkey’s Internet bans - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

The head of the Telecommunication Transmission Directorate is currently facing a prison jail of 1-3 years for not following the order to restrict acces to a Facebook group,
where opposition leader Mr. Kilicdaroglu was added as a PKK member of that PKK group.*
There was complaint regarding this issue in the courts, and Facebook did not show up in the court.
Still supporting the ban on free speech? That's what non discussion of the Genocide issue gets you. Banning free speech, it's a slippery slope. :eusa_whistle:

*So what? You should read up about how many westerners support Al Qaeda and the Taliban, if you are honestly going to penalize people for supporting perceived state enemies you will find it a waste of time, those who send money to them is the issue, and you can't really send much over Facebook.

Last edited:

America to muslims: Boo fucking hoo.

Maybe it would help if muslims stopped murdering innocent people in cold blood world wide.
do you mean if ame-ricans stop murdering innocent people in cold blood world wide; Viietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq...etc?

The turks should think outside the box and learn to data mine face book and collect dossiers on their population like we do in the west. At least stop pretending and it is about money and admit it is about censorship.

Forum List

Back