After years of my parents taking care of me....

My brother and I might be on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but we’re on the same side of looking out for our dad.

That helps...having someone who is on the same page makes a big difference.
He’s been good with picking up the phone. I’m tasked with everything else.

Is he out of town?

I admit, the prospect of my mom declining is daunting. We had a scare several years ago, where she was diagnosed with severe liver failure and that can cause dementia. At the time we connected with all the area resources, and also looked at assisted living places and became educated on those. She wanted to have that option so she put a deposit on one. She recovered, is doing very well now, but I know the time will eventually come.

My brother and I might be on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but we’re on the same side of looking out for our dad.

That helps...having someone who is on the same page makes a big difference.
He’s been good with picking up the phone. I’m tasked with everything else.

Is he out of town?

I admit, the prospect of my mom declining is daunting. We had a scare several years ago, where she was diagnosed with severe liver failure and that can cause dementia. At the time we connected with all the area resources, and also looked at assisted living places and became educated on those. She wanted to have that option so she put a deposit on one. She recovered, is doing very well now, but I know the time will eventually come.
Same here. My dad is currently doing good, but I know things will eventually change.

I moved closer to my dad when my brother moved 2hrs away.

You and I share some life lessons, Coyote. I think it’s why I love and respect your opinions.

New Topics

Forum List

Back