After WGN's Chicago Mayoral Candidate Debate, the best man for the job is...

FifthColumn

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011

040527_bozo_ccol.grid-4x2.jpg

What is tellling is that the left allowed a debate...after all that isn't usual modus operandi of the left:

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors," Barack Obama told a crowd in Elko, Nev. "I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face." Actually, Obama supporters are doing a lot more than getting into people's faces. They seem determined to shut people up.

That's what Obama supporters, alerted by campaign emails, did when conservative Stanley Kurtz appeared on Milt Rosenberg's WGN radio program in Chicago. Kurtz had been researching Obama's relationship with unrepentant Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers in Chicago Annenberg Challenge papers in the Richard J. Daley Library in Chicago -- papers that were closed off to him for some days, apparently at the behest of Obama supporters.

Obama fans jammed WGN's phone lines and sent in hundreds of protest emails. The message was clear to anyone who would follow Rosenberg's example. We will make trouble for you if you let anyone make the case against The One.

Other Obama supporters have threatened critics with criminal prosecution. In September, St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch and St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce warned citizens that they would bring criminal libel prosecutions against anyone who made statements against Obama that were "false." I had been under the impression that the Alien and Sedition Acts had gone out of existence in 1801-02. Not so, apparently, in metropolitan St. Louis. Similarly, the Obama campaign called for a criminal investigation of the American Issues Project when it ran ads highlighting Obama's ties to Ayers. "
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Obama vs. Free Speech

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM7GCV8PLAs&feature=related[/ame]

Roving Reporter Slips into Chicago Planning meeting. Shocking Disclosure!

I wonder if He can afford to run for the Senate yet. ;)

Well, that depends on how many city contracts he gives out as mayor, doesn't it?
The Chicago election will show just how the American electoral process truely works. I hope people are not just watching it, but paying close attention of how their votes are reguarded.

Well, that depends on how many city contracts he gives out as mayor, doesn't it?
The Chicago election will show just how the American electoral process truely works. I hope people are not just watching it, but paying close attention of how their votes are reguarded.
I'm glad that the citizens of Chicago are getting an opportunity to vote for who they want to vote for, and not have their choices restricted by some judge.

That said, is being the President's Chief of Staff good preparation for being the Mayor of Chicago? I don't know.

I'm glad that the citizens of Chicago are getting an opportunity to vote for who they want to vote for, and not have their choices restricted by some judge.

That said, is being the President's Chief of Staff good preparation for being the Mayor of Chicago? I don't know.

I don't think the people of Chicago voice will be heard, Their rules have already been bent to accommodate Emanuel.

"... some fraud clearly occurred in Cook County. At
least three people were sent to jail for election-related crimes, and
677 others were indicted before being acquitted by Judge John M.
Karns, a Daley crony. Many of the allegations involved practices that
wouldn't be detected by a recount, leading the conservative Chicago
Tribune, among others, to conclude that 'once an election has been
stolen in Cook County, it stays stolen.'
What's more, according to
journalist Seymour Hersh, a former Justice Department prosecutor who
heard tapes of FBI wiretaps from the period believed that Illinois was
rightfully Nixon's. Hersh also has written that J. Edgar Hoover
believed Nixon actually won the presidency but in deciding to follow
normal procedures and refer the FBI's findings to the attorney general
- as of Jan. 20, 1961, Robert F. Kennedy - he effectively buried the
case."

Was Nixon Robbed? - By David Greenberg - Slate Magazine

I don't think the people of Chicago voice will be heard, Their rules have already been bent to accommodate Emanuel.

Yep the fix is in.:razz::razz:

The latest poll on Chicago's mayoral race has former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel surging past 50 percent, a level of support that if translated into votes would prevent a runoff.

According to a new We Ask America survey, Emanuel has 52 percent support among registered voters followed by former City Colleges Board chair Gery Chico with 14 percent.

Read more: Emanuel tops 50 percent in latest Chicago mayoral poll | AHN

It was not the Judge that stood in the way, but established law. Good try though.

Forum List

Back