after this would you trust the RNC to reform health care?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

RNC insurance plan covers abortion

The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.

RNC Insurance Plan covers abortion - Political Hotwire: Political Forum

Well then it's a pretty good thing the RNC is trying to let me control my healthcare and not have the government control it.

I would gather that almost every comprehensive insurance plan covers abortion. The procedure is only a couple hundred bucks and a hell of a lot cheaper than birth. People who want govt insurance have to pay. Its the law. What's the big deal?

I don't trust either party to reform healthcare.

I expect that whatever reform we get will cover abortion AND make sure that each and every taxpayer is royally screwed.

Immie

I don't trust either party to reform healthcare.

Amen to that! Why would anybody trust the bungling clowns that caused the vast majority of the health care system problems we have today to fix those same problems? after all it's thanks to government that health care has become so expensive in the first place.

A Republican health care bill would include:

A tax credit whenever someone buys a private policy.

A health care savings plan.

A cap on medical malpractice lawsuits.

The end.

i fail to see how this has any bearing on whether anyone from the republican party can reform h/c....

i highly doubt the new members or the members who have had coverage since 1991 really read every little fine print. it most likely is just coverage they get and they just look at the basics. if you want to fault them for not checking the fine print on their coverage, go for it. weak, but you have do something after the embarrassing loss yesterday and obama's 0-3 personal appeal in the political arena.

non issue really.

I trust my healthcare to my employer...they know what is best for me

i fail to see how this has any bearing on whether anyone from the republican party can reform h/c....

i highly doubt the new members or the members who have had coverage since 1991 really read every little fine print. it most likely is just coverage they get and they just look at the basics. if you want to fault them for not checking the fine print on their coverage, go for it. weak, but you have do something after the embarrassing loss yesterday and obama's 0-3 personal appeal in the political arena.

non issue really.

It was someones job to review the insurance plan.

Just so funny considering the RNC's stance on abortion.

I wouldn't trust these guys to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

Here's the short version:

I DON'T WANT NATIONAL GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE!!!

I WANT MARKET BASED HEALTH CARE!!!!!

I WANT AS SMALL AND FEW HURDLES BETWEEN ME, MY DOCTOR, MY WALLET AND MY INSURER THAT I CAN GET, SO I CAN HAVE THE CARE I WANT AND NEED!

Thank you.

Last edited:
I want the pre existing condition stuff done away with. That is as long as you are switching insurance. Not if you wait till you get sick to buy it.
I would say as long as you insurance coverage gap has been under 1 year the pre existing restrictions do not exist. I know if you lose your job it may be a while before you get more insurance.

The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.

Who gives a shit about this OLD news? Why would you trust the Democrats to reform healthcare? They HAD a super majority and couldn't quit squabbling long enough to take advantage of it and actually get legislation passed. How stupid and partisan are you really?

Last edited:

Who gives a shit about this OLD news? Why would you trust the Democrats to reform healthcare? They HAD a super majority and couldn't quit suabbling long enough to take advantage of it and actually get legislation passed. How stupid and partisan are you really?

Yep it is around 5 months old at most.

Not nearly as old as Obama getting elected though.

A Republican health care bill would include:

A tax credit whenever someone buys a private policy.

A health care savings plan.

A cap on medical malpractice lawsuits.

The end.

Wrong. Again.
Add in :
Portability, you own the policy not the government of your employer.
Pre-existing conditions would be covered.
No lifetime caps or dropping coverage due to claims
True tort reform - not just a cap. The end of frivolous lawsuits
Competition across State lines
Lower premiums for individuals and small businesses
Fiscal Responsibility - does not create a new entitlement program
Preserves Dr/Patient relationship
No unfunded Mandates
No Government Panels to determine coverages

Who gives a shit about this OLD news? Why would you trust the Democrats to reform healthcare? They HAD a super majority and couldn't quit suabbling long enough to take advantage of it and actually get legislation passed. How stupid and partisan are you really?

Ummmmm, point?

Ummmmm, point?

that your dissing it as being old news was no point.

This went on for nearly 2 decades all the while the Republicans were extremely anti abortion.
Hypocracisy? And inept insurance management?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back