After the dust settles, ask questions

Sep 29, 2008
After the dust settles and we look around to look for some answers as to how we found ourselves here and why no one saw it coming, you might find the following video interesting. I am sure there are other explainations as well, and as I have said before I think there is blame for everyone from ourselves all the way up the ladder. But the following is compelling.

Go to you tube and search for Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis? V2 under videos. It is really good.

In May 2006 McCain said: "I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole. I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation." Answer: John McCain, May 06. He saw what was going to happen 2 years ago and wow…he was right wasn't he?

Nope. I've never posted anything to you tube, not even sure if I could figure out how to. I just have opinions of my own and when I find something that interests me I mention it. Just like folks on your side. Will we agree? Probably not, we obviously have different views, but that is supposed to be what this country is about. We can agree to disagree without getting nasty.

Wish our elected officials would remember that it is supposed to be okay in this country to have differing political views and still come together to solve shared problems.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdGpxUEN4RU]YouTube - Karl Rove Reacts to the No Vote on the Bailout![/ame]

Listen to Karl Rove.

McCain's Economic Adviser is ex-Texas Sen. Phil Gramm. On Dec. 15, 2000, hours before Congress was to leave for Christmas recess, Gramm had a 262-page amendment slipped into the appropriations bill. It forbade federal agencies to regulate the financial derivatives that greased the skids for passing along risky mortgage-backed securities to investors. And that, my friends, is why everything's falling apart. That is why the taxpayers are now on the hook for the follies of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Bear Stearns and now the insurance giant AIG to the tune of $700 billion.

Forum List

Back