After Steinle verdict, Todd Rokita unveils bill to imprison officials who shelter illegal immigrants

I'm all for it. But why do we need a law that punishes them for doing something already against the law?

I'm all for it. But why do we need a law that punishes them for doing something already against the law?

Indeed, there is something wrong with the idea that we need to pass a new law as a backup to an existing law that isn't being enforced. Giving aid and comfort to foreign invaders is treason. We already have the laws that need to be enforced against filth who do this. If we won't enforce those laws, then what good is it to enact a new law that will equally not be enforced?

Todd Rokita unveils bill to imprison officials who shelter illegal immigrants

sounds like a great bill

hope it becomes federal law

'imprison officials who shelter illegal immigrants'

:clap:

It's more humane than passing a law that states if a politician / official harbors an illegal who kills, lets say, someone's daughter then the official's daughter is killed as punishment so the official will feel the pain he caused.

Hey, buddy, you've milked this tragedy for all it was worth... time to find a new tragedy to milk.

ndeed, there is something wrong with the idea that we need to pass a new law as a backup to an existing law that isn't being enforced.

You are right. there is something wrong with that. The reason why the existing law doesn't work is because it's impractical.

But instead of fixing what doesn't work, you guys want to double down on what doesn't work.

You see, there's an easy way to fix the "Illegal" problem.

Step 1- Create a National ID Card system, with pictures and biometrics for every citizen.
Step 2 - Strictly enforce workplace rules. If the person doesn't have a national ID and you hire him, you face stiff fines.
Step 3- Create a Guest Worker program like the Germans have to bring in extra workers when needed.

But what we currently do is kind of nuts. We have all these jobs Americans don't want to do, and then act all surprised when people sneak into the country to take them.

It's more humane than passing a law that states if a politician / official harbors an illegal who kills, lets say, someone's daughter then the official's daughter is killed as punishment so the official will feel the pain he caused.

Do you guys do a contest to come up with suggestions that sound more crazy than the last?

In a convoluted way the death of Kate can can be meaningful if it results in building the wall, deporting many more illegals and stopping these filthy ass illegal sanctuary cites.

Hey, buddy, you've milked this tragedy for all it was worth... time to find a new tragedy to milk.

ndeed, there is something wrong with the idea that we need to pass a new law as a backup to an existing law that isn't being enforced.

You are right. there is something wrong with that. The reason why the existing law doesn't work is because it's impractical.

But instead of fixing what doesn't work, you guys want to double down on what doesn't work.

Step 1- Create a National ID Card system, with pictures and biometrics for every citizen.
Step 2 - Strictly enforce workplace rules. If the person doesn't have a national ID and you hire him, you face stiff fines.
Step 3- Create a Guest Worker program like the Germans have to bring in extra workers when needed.

But what we currently do is kind of nuts. We have all these jobs Americans don't want to do, and then act all surprised when people sneak into the country to take them.

Whats impractical about holding the illegal until ICE can pick them up?
They do it all the time for other inmates who have charges or warrants in other states or counties.

Why so intent on freeing criminal illegals?

Do you guys do a contest to come up with suggestions that sound more crazy than the last?

Of course I do not advocate such an insane law...just pointing out that if Officials were forced to think of the lives of others their law-breaking could impact as it were their own family members the officials would not do half the crap they currently do.

In a convoluted way the death of Kate can can be meaningful if it results in building the wall, deporting many more illegals and stopping these filthy ass illegal sanctuary cites.

None of which will happen as long as the One Percenters who really run your party want a cheap labor source.

They do it all the time for other inmates who have charges or warrants in other states or counties.

But that's the problem. ICE issues all these hold warrants, and then takes their own sweet time to pick these guys up, and the Country prisons usually don't have the room. They have REAL criminals to lock up.

So do we hold onto the suspected murderer who is a citizen, or do we hold onto the suspected illegal, who might get a deportation hearing in two years.

First degrees should go first.

Liberals do not consider violating US Immigration law...even again and again and again...as REALLY 'breaking the law'.

Violating US Immigration Law by Illegally Entering the US is 'Just trying to have a better life' ... slightly similar to how they believe sexually assaulting a woman, groping her breasts while she sleeps is not REALLY committing sexual assault (if you are a Liberal) - it is 'going too far', 'crossing a line', etc....

Of course I do not advocate such an insane law...just pointing out that if Officials were forced to think of the lives of others their law-breaking could impact as it were their own family members the officials would not do half the crap they currently do.

Really?

So by that logic, we need to randomly shoot some congressmen for their failure to enact common sense gun control.

It seems that when you have 33,000 gun deaths a year, and you pick out THIS ONE GUN DEATH because it's a pretty white lady shot by a brown person, you are kind of missing the point.

None of which will happen as long as the One Percenters who really run your party want a cheap labor source.

But that's the problem. ICE issues all these hold warrants, and then takes their own sweet time to pick these guys up, and the Country prisons usually don't have the room. They have REAL criminals to lock up.

So do we hold onto the suspected murderer who is a citizen, or do we hold onto the suspected illegal, who might get a deportation hearing in two years.

Then I guess we should stop giving sanctuary cities money since they cant manage to do their jobs.

And you'll have to give me more than your word that they take their time picking them up.

This is all about politics and you know it.

Liberals do not consider violating US Immigration law...even again and again and again...as REALLY 'breaking the law'.

Violating US Immigration Law by Illegally Entering the US is 'Just trying to have a better life' ...

Um, yeah. Just like it was when my ancestors came here from Germany and your ancestors came from wherever they came from.

slightly similar to how they believe sexually assaulting a woman, groping her breasts while she sleeps is not REALLY committing sexual assault (if you are a Liberal) - it is 'going too far', 'crossing a line', etc....

Well, yeah, that would have required her to actualy have touched her, which he didn't. But I guess just pretending to grope a glorified stripper is just as bad as groping a stripper....

Really? So by that logic, we need to randomly shoot some congressmen for their failure to enact common sense gun control.
In your rabid rush to condemn me for my comment you missed what I just said and missed the main point I was making:

1. 'Of course I do not advocate such an insane law...'

2. MY POINT:
Liberals are bleeding hearts who want to help everyone, to hold them close to their bosom...even if those they are helping are MS13, Al Qaida, etc...

These Liberals act out of emotion, not clear thought...and as long as their decisions do not effect THEM they have little concern for the Consequences. Protecting Sanctuary Cities is easy for Liberals...as long as it is not their daughter being killed by a violent, criminal illegal who is back in the US for a 6th time and who is being protected by a Sanctuary City.

'imprison officials who shelter illegal immigrants'

:clap:

The actions of such officials already meet the Constitutional definition of treason, which is a capital crime. It would not be out of line to try any such official for treason, and on conviction, to sentence that official to death. We do not need any new laws to do that; just to enforce the laws which already exist.

Forum List

Back