After Rebuff, U.S. Visitors Reach Out to Russians

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By THOM SHANKER and STEVEN LEE MYERS
Published: October 14, 2007

MOSCOW, Oct. 13 — A day after a tense round of talks with Russian officials, the American secretaries of state and defense reached out to different constituencies here on Saturday in an effort to patch over what are widely seen as deepening differences between the countries.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates failed Friday to overcome the deep Russian distrust of an American missile defense system in Europe, which President Vladimir V. Putin publicly mocked as an obstacle to agreement on more immediate security matters. On Saturday, they sought to show that the United States and Russia could find common ground, or at least outward civility, even if their relationship was fraught with disputes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/14/w...f6702150aa789f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Screw Russia. Since Putin seems to feel the need to disagree with us on every issue, and work against any-and-everyone else's interests so long as is suits him, he can go piss into the wind as far as I'm concerned.

Screw Russia. Since Putin seems to feel the need to disagree with us on every issue, and work against any-and-everyone else's interests so long as is suits him, he can go piss into the wind as far as I'm concerned.

But...but... Bush looked into his eyes!

Putin was always an authoritarian megolomaniac of the old-school...nothing new there.

An interesting approach to diplomacy I MUST say. I have also disagreed from the git-go to the planned placing of those batteries. we are asking for it, and effectively. the president was, and is, following your lead. (or vice-versa)

An interesting approach to diplomacy I MUST say. I have also disagreed from the git-go to the planned placing of those batteries. we are asking for it, and effectively. the president was, and is, following your lead. (or vice-versa)

The only flaw to your logic is I did not specifically address the placing of missile defense batteries so you have NO CLUE what my position is on it. That of course would make your statement irrelevant to anything I posted.

Forum List

Back