After Previously Blaming Obama For Slumping Markets, Boehner Downplays Surging Dow

I have to agree with Boehner on this one. Stock Markets go up and Stock Markets go down. Just because Wall Street is getting fat & rich doesn't mean that Main Street is. People often make that mistake of connecting the two. Wall Street was bailed out with your money and now their making profits again. So what? They've made money before as well. It doesn't mean that there wont be another catastrophic economic collapse in the near future. Wall Street's fortunes have very little to do with the average working American Citizen. I just read where Goldman Sachs has just turned a $3 Billion profit. That just doesn't mean anything to the average working American Citizen though. So the same Wall Street fat cats get more rich? Sorry but i'm just not jumping for joy over that news. When they go broke again they'll just demand that the American Tax Payer bail them out again and our corrupt politicians will go ahead and do it too. It's all just a sad game in the end. I really wouldn't connect Wall Street fat cats getting more rich with average Main Street American Citizens. You will only be disappointed in the end.

How many here besides myself believe LibocalypseNow would have had no problem arguing the opposite when...

At a rally just before the GOP got its “thumpin’” in the 2006 mid-term elections, then Majority Leader Boehner argued that his party would best handle the economy reportedly by “point[ing] to a hot stock market.

Hell, he probably did.

Think Progress » Fox News’ Neil Cavuto: “Is this now the ‘Bush Recovery’”?

cavuto.JPG

:rofl:

Oh yeah, no bias there on the part of FOX....

Corrupt Wall Street Fat Cats getting more rich has absolutely nothing to do with average working American Citizens. When these same Fat Cats go broke again they will demand that the American Tax Payer bail them out again. Just because Goldman Sachs reports a $3 Billion profit doesn't mean that you the average citizen will benefit in any way. In fact your tax dollars were likely used to bail their butts out. So i wouldn't jump for joy too much over the Wall Street Fat Cats getting more rich. You likely paid for their new monstrous profits. A high Stock Market does not guarantee your own increased personal prosperity. The two really aren't as connected to each other as much as some would like to you to believe.

Forum List

Back