After Obama's snub of the supreme court, Alito isn't going to next speech

The way I see it, Obama had plenty of time to mend the fences and chose not to. I believe that had he made some effort, oh, I dunno, another Beer Summit perhaps, then this wouldn't be an issue. Instead, it just goes to show the arrogance of the Obama administration.

Supreme Court justices have become just as political as the rest of Washington. I frankly don't see any reason why they should be held in such reverence. Do we really believe that these guys are the purveyors of all things just and true?

If we can't count on the Supreme Court justices to be the purveyors of justice and truth then we have a huge problem.

So what and big deal, now if that malcontent judge were to moon the President during the his speech, now that would be something......

I think Obama had not only the right to say what he did but the obligation to take issue with the court on an a ruling that will encourage corporate and special interest control of Congress, the Presidency and eventually all elected offices. It's bad now and this ruling will make it worse.

It was a 5-4 decision to wipe away limits on corporate and labor union spending in campaigns for president and Congress. Although the Court may have properly interpreted the Constitution, this ruling will further reduce the voice of the individual. Your voice in how Washington runs the country just got a lot weaker. Any hope of any real campaign reform is probably dead forever.

I think Obama had not only the right to say what he did but the obligation to take issue with the court on an a ruling that will encourage corporate and special interest control of Congress, the Presidency and eventually all elected offices. It's bad now and this ruling will make it worse.

It was a 5-4 decision to wipe away limits on corporate and labor union spending in campaigns for president and Congress. Although the Court may have properly interpreted the Constitution, this ruling will further reduce the voice of the individual. Your voice in how Washington runs the country just got a lot weaker. Any hope of any real campaign reform is probably dead forever.

"and labor union spending in campaigns "

I'm fairly certain that restriction was not there before, and that this brought corps up to level playing field with the unions.

If the court properly interpreted the Constitution, then they did their job. What would you have had them do other than properly interpret the Constitution?

Wow nice to see how Liberals think of the Supreme court. Sounds like you people think they should just rubber stamp what ever the President wants.

They should not be a "rubber stamp" for the President, but neither should they be a "rubber stamp" for corporate interests.

Which is what they currently are..

To bad Anthony cannot Neg rep. Obama.......calling out colleagues in front of the entire house and in a SOU address is unfair and intolerant to boot.

But in reality? is it boorish, ham handed AND worse, stupid. it also reinforces the fact that, as a politician he really has few tools other than pure front.

When I was 14 in a Boys home, becasue I had to get kids to do what I asked them to do, I learned by trial and error, never diminish others in front of their peers or an audience especially.

Praise in public, chide in private. In order to bring someone around to your side or way of thinking, getting someone into that mindset is not enhanced by berating them.
Any edge is a plus, if someone thinks of you naturally or kindly that is infinitely better and way more helpful better than being thought of as a bully and/or someone how uses their position to call you out especially when you are helpless to respond.

What he did was not based on a simple policy disagreement, he cast it dishonesty and took a swing at them, so I am however not surprised he never had to learn the subtlety and personnel mgt. principals I described, the simple fact is he has spent his adult life as Mr. Too Cool for School, then he was surrounded by sycophants and people he as comm. organizer had no choice but to follow him.
He never had employees, real co workers. Its clear he has zero empathy and this is just another example of that.

If the court properly interpreted the Constitution, then they did their job. What would you have had them do other than properly interpret the Constitution?
:clap2:

Tell them what they want to hear.

I love how some of you buffoons scream that the SCOTUS is not doing their jobs anytime you get a ruling you don't like. There job is to give THEIR opinion on what the COTUS says, not to cater to your wishes. PERIOD.

You really don't have any voice in Washington. I have been fighting a health care screw up for 4 years now. And it cannot be fixed without congressional action. A screw up that has cut over 100 Military retirees families off all health care coverage for 6 months at a time. Yet not one congressman or Senator would deal with it even with this big health care reform lie. And I had the backing of the SMA (Sergeant Major of the Army)

To bad Anthony cannot Neg rep. Obama.......calling out colleagues in front of the entire house and in a SOU address is unfair and intolerant to boot.

But in reality? is it boorish, ham handed AND worse, stupid. it also reinforces the fact that, as a politician he really has few tools other than pure front.

When I was 14 in a Boys home, becasue I had to get kids to do what I asked them to do, I learned by trial and error, never diminish others in front of their peers or an audience especially.

Praise in public, chide in private. In order to bring someone around to your side or way of thinking, getting someone into that mindset is not enhanced by berating them.
Any edge is a plus, if someone thinks of you naturally or kindly that is infinitely better and way more helpful better than being thought of as a bully and/or someone how uses their position to call you out especially when you are helpless to respond.

What he did was not based on a simple policy disagreement, he cast it dishonesty and took a swing at them, so I am however not surprised he never had to learn the subtlety and personnel mgt. principals I described, the simple fact is he has spent his adult life as Mr. Too Cool for School, then he was surrounded by sycophants and people he as comm. organizer had no choice but to follow him.
He never had employees, real co workers. Its clear he has zero empathy and this is just another example of that.

So, you don't want to know the true state of the union, you just want a pep rally speech. We understand.

BTW, he (Obama) was right. The flood gates are open for corporate money, and, as far as we can tell, foreign money is right in the mix of it. Ask the US Chamber of Commerce. But you've gotta luv you guys......you get pissed at the truth.

You really don't have any voice in Washington. I have been fighting a health care screw up for 4 years now. And it cannot be fixed without congressional action. A screw up that has cut over 100 Military retirees families off all health care coverage for 6 months at a time. Yet not one congressman or Senator would deal with it even with this big health care reform lie. And I had the backing of the SMA (Sergeant Major of the Army)

Listening to your wingnut cronies, maybe they should just get off the government dime and buy their own.

The way I see it, Obama had plenty of time to mend the fences and chose not to. I believe that had he made some effort, oh, I dunno, another Beer Summit perhaps, then this wouldn't be an issue. Instead, it just goes to show the arrogance of the Obama administration.

Mend fences with Alito? Surely you jest. Talk about a conflict of interest. What else would they have discussed? Perhaps he should have invited him duck hunting and try to skew USSC future rulings. Ya think?

Last edited:

So, you don't want to know the true state of the union, you just want a pep rally speech. We understand.

No, obviously you don't.

Forum List

Back