After Fukushima we are all scary of those damned nuclear plants

MarieLes

Rookie
Jul 20, 2011
After Fukushima we are all scary of those damned nuclear plants. But that in no case means we can make a sudden shift to use some biofuel or other new energy resources (even most developed countries are at the very beginning of the way leading to creation of the relevant technologies!).
What I mean is that we’ll have to live through some transitional epoch in which we are going to use same traditional energy resources (gas in the first run) despite our likes and dislikes.
The smartest ones have already gotten this. I guess in the EU they are Germans (no wonder at all!). The government of Germany have decided not only to quit dangerous nuclear plants, but was also prudent enough to decide on construction of some new coal and gas electric power stations!
Well, I guess wind and solar farms are perhaps our future but not so much our present!

Two things I've noticed about what I refer to as the "issue bots" that are infesting USMB as of late:

Login Name: Combination of two words, one is usually a persons name. Sometimes includes numbers.

Posts: Immediately starts in with the "issue threads" before any introduction thread or even posting on an existing thread. Who does that besides the "issue bots"?

Just my $0.02.

Forum List

Back