After almost six days........my electricity just came back on!

Its a miracle.......I can watch football today after all
Great! Now you can unplug from reality. :lol:

I haven't watched football all year and I'm sure I haven't missed a thing!

Your missing a great opportunity to keep the TV off and turn your brain back on.

It's amazing how much we depend on the fossil fueled power or nuclear energy grid. People who live in the metropolitan area apartments are conditioned to take basic services for granted while the rural and even suburban population is a bit more independent. We lost our power in the direcho early in the summer but a small generator got our freezer and refrigerator through OK and even powered a fan in the bedroom. We always have water bottles stockpiled and we cooked on the barbie.

We only lost power for one night. That night the house was unimaginably quite. I loved it. The biggest issue was we have a well which means without electricity we don't have any pressure. Even the most prepared can be unprepared.

Its a miracle.......I can watch football today after all
Great! Now you can unplug from reality. :lol:

I haven't watched football all year and I'm sure I haven't missed a thing!

Your missing a great opportunity to keep the TV off and turn your brain back on.

Damn.....Giants beat the Cowboys last week because on a hail Mary the Cowboys receivers finger tip was out of bounds

LOVE the Game!

That's great RW! I have a friend in Jersey that only went without power about 3 days. To me..ANY time without power is horrible! We've gone 3 or 4 days before, after wind/ice storms. Have a generator thank God!!

Glad your back..... I think :)

That's great RW! I have a friend in Jersey that only went without power about 3 days. To me..ANY time without power is horrible! We've gone 3 or 4 days before, after wind/ice storms. Have a generator thank God!!

Glad your back..... I think :)

I've gone a very cold 10 days with no power due to an ice storm. Lucky I had a gas stove for heat & warming water for bathing. Refrigeration was not a problem with the cold.

Forum List

Back