After 8 Years, TARP Updates?

CurveLight

Rookie
Oct 16, 2009
There are some loose collaborations among different municipalities trying to obtain a census on the status of your local city or town TARP. Are you aware of the updates? (TARP=Terrorist Attack Recovery Plan). We are quickly approaching the decade milestone of 9/11 and some cities are in a fierce battle for Federal funds for their tailored TARPs. Obviously, economic efficiency is a major factor but not the only one as analysts speculate on the feasibility of mid-scale TARPs being able to save as many lives as projected.

Some areas have replenished and technologically updated Cold War bomb shelters. Some building codes are questionable but there is considerable leeway afforded under appropriate circumstances. So where do you think your local city will rate under the new TARP evaluation plan? Do you think your local Reps have underestimated the threat of a terrorist attack or have they inflated it to appropriate excess funds?

Last edited:
I think the money spent on "pointless" wars overseas has done a bit to keep the terrorists busy killing Americans and American sympathizers over there. Afterall, anyone who straps a bomb to himself to go kill a GI is just to stinkin lazy to learn how to use a sniper rifle and MAYBE get away with it just to go do it again. So if there are Americans in front of him 99% of the would be suicide bombers are just going to go blow themselves up right there instead of bothering to book a flight to the U.S.

As far as funds spent domestically I don't see much for benefits. Who knows where my local shelter is. Perhaps some radio systems have been upgraded or the FAA knows the number to NORAD or whoever.

• Banned
Maybe people are afraid of losing federal funds so they are staying quiet about their awesome TARPs?

Forum List

Back