After 4 Years of a Democrat Congress are you ready for a change?

In my opinion:

• The last 4 years under a democrat congress have not been good overall and we need a change

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • The last 4 years under a democrat congress have been good overall and we don't need a change

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Both the republicans prior to 07 and the dems since have failed us

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Both Bush's pre 07 republican congress and the democrat congress since have been great.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's the easiest thing to say but not really an answer. Everyone wants fiscal responsibility but can we trust the incoming congress to do any better?

I don't think so.

You missed part of my original post in this thread:

I'm going to use my vote to try and put new people in during the primaries instead of incumbents then when it comes time to vote I'm going to look for the canidate with either the best actual record on fiscal issues or if they have no record yet then the one whom states and promises the best position in the area of the debt and taxes.

I'm voting in a new democrat in the congressional primary to take out the incumbent democrat and i'm going for a new independent libertarian for the senate seat in the primary.

If we get enough of the old corrupt incumbents out by either voting for the other party or replacing them in the primaries prior to election we may have a chance that the new incoming members will be able to break through the old corrupt political system.

Absolutely!

And one of the first reforms MUST BE term limitations: 6 years max for Congress and 10 max for fed judges, including SCOTUS.

Second critical reform is NO PRIVATE MONEY for ANY campaign or party so we can block special interest buy offs and bribery-corruption games.

Third critical reform is to criminalize the bullshit games Obama and Pelosi and Reid played to get that damned medical insurance fraud of theirs made into law.

I am all for term limits.

If the change is a sane budget, I'm very excited.

However, I'm doubtful of the GOP's ability to keep it in their pants and not try to unseat another POTUS.

Democrats controlled the Senate with 49 votes which were many more than the Republicans 49 votes.

Add a Republican President and obviously, all the power belonged to the Democrats.:cuckoo:

After the 06 elections the dems held the majority. Prior to that bush had a republican controlled congress.

After 08 the dems had a supermajority impervious to any attempted republican philibuster.

NOT TRUE.

The Democrats have always had conservatives as part of the Democratic Party. Democrats do NOT vote in lockstep because the party is built on coalitions.

The Republican Party is 90% white and mostly Christian. They vote in lockstep because they are nearly all one race and religion.

It's no secret. We all know it's true.

It seems from the polls that right now most of the country have had enough of the last nearly 4 years of a democrat congress.

How do you feel about it?

How are you going to use your vote to do something about it.

Me personally I've had enough of the fiscal irresponsibility of both parties.

I'm going to use my vote to try and put new people in during the primaries instead of incumbents then when it comes time to vote I'm going to look for the canidate with either the best actual record on fiscal issues or if they have no record yet then the one whom states and promises the best position in the area of the debt and taxes.

Old: (D)

New: (R)

Party power change in Congress is like deciding to paint a house burning down a different color.

I provided my position which negates this concern.

How does putting in one or two new Rs (depending on how many actually get in for your state that you vote on)change things when the party leadership will remain the same??

Your position does nothing to negate that concern because the overall layout of the party will remain the same.

Last edited:
It seems from the polls that right now most of the country have had enough of the last nearly 4 years of a democrat congress.

Party power change in Congress is like deciding to paint a house burning down a different color.

How does putting in one or two new Rs (depending on how many actually get in for your state that you vote on) do to change things when the party leadership will remain the same??

Your position does nothing to negate that concern because the overall layout of the party will remain the same.

Being from NY I can only say one thing....

Putting aside my ideological differenes with my Senators, it is both of their continued 100%support for whatever Reid asks that puts my state at a serious disadvantage as it pertains to national equality and legislation. Where other senators insist on "deal making" for votes, my senators ask for absolutely nothing...they ar eon board before the bills are even writeen.

I dont believe in "deal making" but if other states are doing it, and all of our tax dollars are treated equally, then my state should get it too.

rdean-
I am a conservative Dem and in the early 90's liberals made it very difficult for them so they did not run for re-election. We conservatives did not have any representation for quite awhile (almost 10 yrs.). We have a few now and their arms were twisted (wheels & deals) what ever you want to call it and they voted for the Health Care Bill. We conservative Dems are very angry about this. I am voting for someone else and not Gabrrielle Giffords because of this ( she had no one running against her in the primary so I have to vote Repub or independent once again) What kind of representation is THAT!!!!)

Democrats controlled the Senate with 49 votes which were many more than the Republicans 49 votes.

Add a Republican President and obviously, all the power belonged to the Democrats.:cuckoo:

After the 06 elections the dems held the majority. Prior to that bush had a republican controlled congress.

After 08 the dems had a supermajority impervious to any attempted republican philibuster.

Actually that is NOT true. The Dems did not gain the super majority until spector switched sides on April 28, 2009 and then lost it when scott brown won in mass on February 4, 2010.

I just want the end of 1-Party rule...

We are feeling the effects of that failed experiment....

Gridlock, Baby! Gridlock!

The gridlock is a result of the obstruction from a republican party that used to be against said obstruction when they had the power and NOT one party rule. IF it were one party rule then most of the slow down by the republicans this past year since brown won would not have occured.

Actually that is NOT true. The Dems did not gain the super majority until spector switched sides on April 28, 2009 and then lost it when scott brown won in mass on February 4, 2010.

The end of the Kennedy leagcy. A beautiful day for America.

The gridlock is a result of the obstruction from a republican party that used to be against said obstruction when they had the power and NOT one party rule. IF it were one party rule then most of the slow down by the republicans this past year since brown won would not have occured.

LMFAO.

You not only believed that rhetoric when they shoved it down your throat, you feel the need to regurgitate it to others.

How can a party obstruct when they only need one GOP vote and usually have at least two ( Maine) and it is the one or two (or more) dems that are voting no for political protection purposes.

Your naevity is amusing.

blah blah blah and then they will bitch if they elect a Republican congress.:cuckoo:

The Economy completely tanked the moment the Democrats took control of our Congress.
I'm curious, what Democratic legislation was instantly passed and went into effect the moment the Dems took control of Congress?????

By your moronic CON$ervative "logic" if the GOP takes over Congress we should expect the economy to recover immediately. If the economy doesn't recover the MOMENT the GOP take control I'm sure you will be the first to demand their replacement. :eusa_whistle:

I love CON$ervative "logic." :rofl:

If the change is a sane budget, I'm very excited.

However, I'm doubtful of the GOP's ability to keep it in their pants and not try to unseat another POTUS.

yeah im worried about them going all crazy and forgetting just why it was (if indeed they win like it appears they will in november) that caused the people to vote them in there.

If history is the judge we will just be trading one party of corrupt a-holes for another party of corrupt a-holes but I'm hoping that we can break the cycle

NOT TRUE.

The Democrats have always had conservatives as part of the Democratic Party. Democrats do NOT vote in lockstep because the party is built on coalitions.

The Republican Party is 90% white and mostly Christian. They vote in lockstep because they are nearly all one race and religion.

It's no secret. We all know it's true.

I feel your claims are not accurate. Neither you nor I are providing links to back up your claim or my doubts of your claim and i personally am not going to take the time unless you do it first.

Smith, again, please read what I wrote before innacurately chastising what I wrote.

I will highlight and bold a key word you missed.

Actually more obstruction comes rfrom the left then the right. It wasn't republican congressman making last minute deals on healthcare. Get your facts straight.

How does putting in one or two new Rs (depending on how many actually get in for your state that you vote on)change things when the party leadership will remain the same??

Or how about a D instead of an R? Or an R instead of a D? Or even better some 3rd party canidates instead of a D or and R?

To get to your specific question about how does putting a few non-incumbents in the same party seat held by an incumbent change anything......if we get enough brand new blood in both parties that the new guys become the majority within their respective parties then they can truly break the cycle.

blah blah blah and then they will bitch if they elect a Republican congress.:cuckoo:

Maybe one day everyone will figure out to put in a 3rd party and take the monopoly of power away from the 2 party system. :eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

LMFAO.

You not only believed that rhetoric when they shoved it down your throat, you feel the need to regurgitate it to others.

How can a party obstruct when they only need one GOP vote and usually have at least two ( Maine) and it is the one or two (or more) dems that are voting no for political protection purposes.

Your naevity is amusing.

and yet the republicans have pretty much said NO to or delayed passage of every major bill that has been put on the floor. So it's seems that you are the one who is naive and buying the rhetoric and propaganda, especially if you actually believe that the right hasn't obstructed.

So do you actually believe that they haven't obstructed?? How many times have they filibustered since the dems took over in 2006??

You know it's too bad for you that the facts are on my side where as all you have are rhetoric and propaganda. GJ hack, you swallowed it whole and reguritated it. LOL

Poor jarhead, he tried to troll and fell flat on his face. LOL

New Topics

Forum List

Back