After 4 Years of a Democrat Congress are you ready for a change?

In my opinion:

• The last 4 years under a democrat congress have not been good overall and we need a change

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • The last 4 years under a democrat congress have been good overall and we don't need a change

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Both the republicans prior to 07 and the dems since have failed us

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Both Bush's pre 07 republican congress and the democrat congress since have been great.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I will not be voting for any incumbent, as I haven't for the last 10 years or so. With 2 exceptions, one being my neighbor the Mayor, and the other was Bush.

Democrats controlled the Senate with 49 votes which were many more than the Republicans 49 votes.

Add a Republican President and obviously, all the power belonged to the Democrats.:cuckoo:

We've experienced 40+ years of ever increasing government stultification and restriction on individual human ingenuity and responsibility.

Time -- past time -- to reverse that to emphasize individual potentiality and RESTRICT government obstructionism.

IF if can be reversed -- which will NOT occur within the next 10 years, not unless there are very violent and sudden destructive shocks that force a total redesign and restructure of the entire nation, anyway.

I will support 4 more years of Dem control and republican gridlock. I just can't get past torture, murder & rape of women and children, big oil gouging Americans, and outsourcing is good for America.

BS, any soldier who committed these acts were prosecuted for them. At least any that we found out about. I for one am tired of you assholes acting as if this was official policy.

BS, any soldier who committed these acts were prosecuted for them. At least any that we found out about. I for one am tired of you assholes acting as if this was official policy.

Oh, am I EVER!

BTW: I'm also a tad bit tired of fixation on the economy and federal deficit. That is not the only, nor even the primary, catastrophes these jerks have caused -- on both sides of the aisle.

Democrats controlled the Senate with 49 votes which were many more than the Republicans 49 votes.

Add a Republican President and obviously, all the power belonged to the Democrats.:cuckoo:

After the 06 elections the dems held the majority. Prior to that bush had a republican controlled congress.

After 08 the dems had a supermajority impervious to any attempted republican philibuster.

Me personally I've had enough of the fiscal irresponsibility of both parties.
This is the most honest answer.

It's the easiest thing to say but not really an answer. Everyone wants fiscal responsibility but can we trust the incoming congress to do any better?

I don't think so.

You missed part of my original post in this thread:

I'm going to use my vote to try and put new people in during the primaries instead of incumbents then when it comes time to vote I'm going to look for the canidate with either the best actual record on fiscal issues or if they have no record yet then the one whom states and promises the best position in the area of the debt and taxes.

I'm voting in a new democrat in the congressional primary to take out the incumbent democrat and i'm going for a new independent libertarian for the senate seat in the primary.

If we get enough of the old corrupt incumbents out by either voting for the other party or replacing them in the primaries prior to election we may have a chance that the new incoming members will be able to break through the old corrupt political system.

Some choice I had in my primary for my representation NONE!!!!! I wanted to vote for some conservative Dems and some moderates to get rid of incumbent liberals.
No one ran aganinst our Democratic incumbents for U.S. House, State Govenor nor state Senator. No choice at all - why bother to vote?
Repubs had at least 3 or 4 to choose from.
And some wonder why I am angry with the dems. This is how Dictators run - no one else to vote for but them.

It's the easiest thing to say but not really an answer. Everyone wants fiscal responsibility but can we trust the incoming congress to do any better?

I don't think so.

I'm going to use my vote to try and put new people in during the primaries instead of incumbents then when it comes time to vote I'm going to look for the canidate with either the best actual record on fiscal issues or if they have no record yet then the one whom states and promises the best position in the area of the debt and taxes.

I'm voting in a new democrat in the congressional primary to take out the incumbent democrat and i'm going for a new independent libertarian for the senate seat in the primary.

If we get enough of the old corrupt incumbents out by either voting for the other party or replacing them in the primaries prior to election we may have a chance that the new incoming members will be able to break through the old corrupt political system.

I like my fairly new incumbent senator, Sherrod Brown and my old incumbent Senator, Voinovich just retired so we'll get a new person there.

The rep in my district is a Republican, I just don't like the House representatives and I don't know what to do about this guy. I'd feel more comfortable voting in my hometown but here it's hard. I don't want to arbitrarily vote for a Democrat but I really don't want to keep a party of no person in there.

I might have to just vote against the Republican.

I don't think so.

Absolutely!

And one of the first reforms MUST BE term limitations: 6 years max for Congress and 10 max for fed judges, including SCOTUS.

Second critical reform is NO PRIVATE MONEY for ANY campaign or party so we can block special interest buy offs and bribery-corruption games.

Third critical reform is to criminalize the bullshit games Obama and Pelosi and Reid played to get that damned medical insurance fraud of theirs made into law.

Yes. I'm ready for a change.

I just hope the idiot Reps have a playbook with some real answers in it. I hope they learned one big assed lesson from 2006 and 2008. One can only hope.

I just hope they don't go off into lala land trying to cruicify OL'BO. Just because the Dems were going to try that on Bush doesn't mean the Reps have to follow suite.

I would vote third party if a viable candidate ever appeared.

We really need to get rid of the Clowns who currently run the show. Jeeze.

Old: (D)

New: (R)

Party power change in Congress is like deciding to paint a house burning down a different color.

Wrong Analogy by an Obamarrhoidal LIEbturd stooge

Obami Salaami is an EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD, he is a BLACK RACIST MARXIST, Muslim PC Protector, Palestinian Guardian, a SUPPORTER of KNOWN TERRORISTS, semi-Terrorists, and their Organizations promoting for them "workshops", and trips to the Mid East on our dime, Support for the VICTORY MOSQUE and the opportunity for Imam to finance it, Supporter of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS' Pussy, etc., etc., etc.,

THIS POLITICAL CHARLATAN HAS TO BE BOOTED OUT !!!

Some choice I had in my primary for my representation NONE!!!!! I wanted to vote for some conservative Dems and some moderates to get rid of incumbent liberals.
No one ran aganinst our Democratic incumbents for U.S. House, State Govenor nor state Senator. No choice at all - why bother to vote?
Repubs had at least 3 or 4 to choose from.
And some wonder why I am angry with the dems. This is how Dictators run - no one else to vote for but them.

You should run yourself next time around :)

Forum List

Back