After 4 Years of a Democrat Congress are you ready for a change?

In my opinion:

• The last 4 years under a democrat congress have not been good overall and we need a change

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • The last 4 years under a democrat congress have been good overall and we don't need a change

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Both the republicans prior to 07 and the dems since have failed us

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Both Bush's pre 07 republican congress and the democrat congress since have been great.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
It seems from the polls that right now most of the country have had enough of the last nearly 4 years of a democrat congress.

How do you feel about it?

How are you going to use your vote to do something about it.

Me personally I've had enough of the fiscal irresponsibility of both parties.

I'm going to use my vote to try and put new people in during the primaries instead of incumbents then when it comes time to vote I'm going to look for the canidate with either the best actual record on fiscal issues or if they have no record yet then the one whom states and promises the best position in the area of the debt and taxes.

Old: (D)

New: (R)

Party power change in Congress is like deciding to paint a house burning down a different color.

With the exception of the Great Depression,this was possibly the worst four year stretch in our nation's history. The Economy completely tanked the moment the Democrats took control of our Congress. It has only gotten much worse since. It's definitely time for change. Make 2010 count America.

With the exception of the Great Depression,this was possibly the worst four year stretch in our nation's history. The Economy completely tanked the moment the Democrats took control of our Congress. It has only gotten much worse since. It's definitely time for change. Make 2010 count America.

As someone who has a Ron Paul avatar, I'd hope you wouldn't be such a moron who thinks the GOP is the right choice. However, I would be wrong for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

It seems from the polls that right now most of the country have had enough of the last nearly 4 years of a democrat congress.

How do you feel about it?

How are you going to use your vote to do something about it.

Me personally I've had enough of the fiscal irresponsibility of both parties.

I'm going to use my vote to try and put new people in during the primaries instead of incumbents then when it comes time to vote I'm going to look for the canidate with either the best actual record on fiscal issues or if they have no record yet then the one whom states and promises the best position in the area of the debt and taxes.

Old: (D)

New: (R)

Party power change in Congress is like deciding to paint a house burning down a different color.

I provided my position which negates this concern.

Too bad you're just one person Pilgrim. Bad candidates will continue to be nominated in all walks of politics. And the majority of good candidates that will get nominated usually become part of the establishment very quickly and soon become one of those candidates they vowed not to be.

Too bad you're just one person Pilgrim. Bad candidates will continue to be nominated in all walks of politics. And the majority of good candidates that will get nominated usually become part of the establishment very quickly and soon become one of those candidates they vowed not to be.

Maybe people just don't understand how its done. Hopefully I provided a decent example of how you should handle your vote if you want to try and be a responsible voter.

I would like it if enough incumbents get out of office so that what you are afraid of happening, based off historical evidence that it does, does not happen.

However I am just one vote as you said :(

Maybe people just don't understand how its done. Hopefully I provided a decent example of how you should handle your vote if you want to try and be a responsible voter.

I would like it if enough incumbents get out of office so that what you are afraid of happening, based off historical evidence that it does, does not happen.

One of the best things that can be done is convincing people that voting for a third party or not the most popular candidate is not in fact a wasted vote.

One of the best things that can be done is convincing people that voting for a third party or not the most popular candidate is not in fact a wasted vote.

I'll be voting one incumbent, Peter Roskum. With that said, for this election cycle, third party voting may be possible on local and state offices. Not so on federal level. Now if there are the numbers elected from the R column that were bandied about on the talk shows this morning, I wouldn't want to be them if they get in and spend their time trying to tear down the administration. If it's 'all investigations, all the time' they will provide the opening for 3rd party possibilities in next cycle.

There are few differences between the elected officials of either party on the federal level. In IL that is also true on the state level, but not local.

Hell yeah I'm ready IF it's the right kind of change and not the same old "LBJ and Pat Robertson Revival Committee" groupies that the current group of misfits chased out of power.

I wouldn't want to be them if they get in and spend their time trying to tear down the administration. If it's 'all investigations, all the time' they will provide the opening for 3rd party possibilities in next cycle.

GOP plans wave of White House probes - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

Michele Bachmann: If GOP Wins House, "All We Should Do" is Issue Subpoenas - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I'll wait and see, but good job at finding links.

I'll be voting one incumbent, Peter Roskum. With that said, for this election cycle, third party voting may be possible on local and state offices. Not so on federal level. Now if there are the numbers elected from the R column that were bandied about on the talk shows this morning, I wouldn't want to be them if they get in and spend their time trying to tear down the administration. If it's 'all investigations, all the time' they will provide the opening for 3rd party possibilities in next cycle.

There are few differences between the elected officials of either party on the federal level. In IL that is also true on the state level, but not local.

I agree & disagree with your assessments. I agree on some of your 3rd party take but not completely. 'All investigations,all the time' is exactly what helped the Democrats win many elections last time around. They completely paralyzed & undermined the Bush Administration with endless calls for firings & resignations. Their constant calls for investigations & firings led to an overall perception that the Republicans were bad but the Democrats were good. They simply wore the Bush Administration & Republicans down.

That strategy did eventually pay off for the Democrats. I didn't see any 3rd parties benefit from this strategy. Only Democrats benefited. An aggressive & constant strategy of undermining really can pay off. I think the Republicans will go a similar route. They will now begin to aggressively undermine this Administration & Democrats if they regain some power. We like to think this doesn't work but it does. Americans love negativity. Gloom & Doom does work. Just ask the Democrats.

I'll wait and see, but good job at finding links.

No problem. Personally? I see it being worse than what happened under Clinton.

I mean it's september, what has the GOP offered up as plans to help the economy and this country outside of some of them saying repeal everything Obama has done and continue the Bush tax cuts? Far as I know, nothing. This tells me that they plan on spending as much time as possible doing investigations before the 2012 election while hoping something sticks.

I wouldn't want to be them if they get in and spend their time trying to tear down the administration. If it's 'all investigations, all the time' they will provide the opening for 3rd party possibilities in next cycle.

GOP plans wave of White House probes - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

Michele Bachmann: If GOP Wins House, "All We Should Do" is Issue Subpoenas - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

If they start spinning their wheels with this crap their apparent victory will be short lived.

Although I'm ready for a change, I'm also not so sure that a career DC establishment insider dweeb like John Boener is its agent.

Still haven't got that awful taste from '95 out of my mouth.

I do not disagree with this statement ;).

Is he up right now? Does he have a primary challenger?

Would be sweet if all the "top dogs" from each party lost their job :).

New Topics

Forum List

Back