Migrants trying to reach Europe sold as slaves in Libya | Daily Mail Online

Migrants and refugees are being sold as slaves by human traffickers in Libya for as little as a few hundred pounds, a shocking report has found.

Thousands of migrants still arrive in Libya, many from sub-Saharan Africa and Africa's Horn in the hopes to cross the Mediterranean...

...Video obtained by CNN shows a slave auction in Libya where Nigerian men are being sold as 'big strong boys for farm work.'

On the video, the auctioneer can be heard shouting prices, before one of the men is sold for 1,200 Libyan dinars - the equivalent of $800 or £665...

...There have been several reports on torture and abuse in the many detention centres in Libya, many of whom are run by local militant groups due to the current power vaccum.

Last month, the president of Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) called for EU aid to stop, saying Libya's detention of migrants 'must be named for what it is: a thriving enterprise of kidnapping, torture and extortion,'

Detainees told MSF how men are forced to run naked in the courtyard until they collapse from exhaustion, while women are raped and made to call family back home for money to free them.

Will Black Lives Matter go to Libya to protest?

Do you think that justifies the racism here, or our country's history of slavery?

Our slavery came from Europe and Africa....we were stuck with the European and African practice of slavery, but we ended it....there was also slavery, human sacrifice and cannibalism here with the indians....we got rid of those practices too.....all in about 250 years...not bad....

It's good that we outlawed slavery here even though many countries did much sooner. We all are proud and happy about that. That doesn't make all the residual damage go away. I was glad when my neighbor pinned up his dog so it wouldn't bite me again, but that didn't make my leg any less sore.

No....they outlawed transporting slaves on their ships...big freaking deal....they didn't have any slaves in their own countries.....they bought them from Africans and transported them to their colonies.....so banning transport was no big deal....we had to clean up their mess here....

Migrants and refugees are being sold as slaves by human traffickers in Libya for as little as a few hundred pounds, a shocking report has found.

Thousands of migrants still arrive in Libya, many from sub-Saharan Africa and Africa's Horn in the hopes to cross the Mediterranean...

...Video obtained by CNN shows a slave auction in Libya where Nigerian men are being sold as 'big strong boys for farm work.'

On the video, the auctioneer can be heard shouting prices, before one of the men is sold for 1,200 Libyan dinars - the equivalent of $800 or £665...

...There have been several reports on torture and abuse in the many detention centres in Libya, many of whom are run by local militant groups due to the current power vaccum.

Last month, the president of Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) called for EU aid to stop, saying Libya's detention of migrants 'must be named for what it is: a thriving enterprise of kidnapping, torture and extortion,'

Detainees told MSF how men are forced to run naked in the courtyard until they collapse from exhaustion, while women are raped and made to call family back home for money to free them.

Do you think that justifies the racism here, or our country's history of slavery?

Time for blacks to accept the reality that slavery existed throughout history and still exists today because they were sold by their own people.

Why do you think anyone would doubt that? What is your point?

Most blame whites for slavery when even the first legal slave holder in america was a black man

Slavers in the US were probably 98% white.

Slavers in Africa were 100% black.....the ones who actually captured and transported their own people to the coast to sell to the British, Spanish, Portuguese and French......

Our slavery came from Europe and Africa....we were stuck with the European and African practice of slavery, but we ended it....there was also slavery, human sacrifice and cannibalism here with the indians....we got rid of those practices too.....all in about 250 years...not bad....

It's good that we outlawed slavery here even though many countries did much sooner. We all are proud and happy about that. That doesn't make all the residual damage go away. I was glad when my neighbor pinned up his dog so it wouldn't bite me again, but that didn't make my leg any less sore.

No....they outlawed transporting slaves on their ships...big freaking deal....they didn't have any slaves in their own countries.....they bought them from Africans and transported them to their colonies.....so banning transport was no big deal....we had to clean up their mess here....

So there was a mess here. Do you think all the residual damage has gone away? When exactly did that happen?

So there was a mess here. Do you think all the residual damage has gone away? When exactly did that happen?

Didn't say it went away...the democrat party makes sure that the damage remains......

Time for blacks to accept the reality that slavery existed throughout history and still exists today because they were sold by their own people.

Most blame whites for slavery when even the first legal slave holder in america was a black man

Slavers in Africa were 100% black.....the ones who actually captured and transported their own people to the coast to sell to the British, Spanish, Portuguese and French......

What about the people here who financed those slaving expeditions, and sold the slaves when they arrived? Do you consider them to be slavers? Were they all black too?

Didn't say it went away...the democrat party makes sure that the damage remains......

As usual, you make some absurd remark, and think you have furthered your cause.. The things you think are true just aren't.

What about the people here who financed those slaving expeditions, and sold the slaves when they arrived? Do you consider them to be slavers? Were they all black too?

Nope...didn't say so.....but the truth is the original slavers...the ones who were selling the slaves from the point of origin, who captured and transported slaves to the coast for sale....were all Africans.....not whites.....you claimed U.S. Slavers were 98% white....very likely......African slavers....100% black.....unless you throw in the muslim slavers......the ones also selling slaves from point of origin....

Nope...didn't say so.....but the truth is the original slavers...the ones who were selling the slaves from the point of origin, who captured and transported slaves to the coast for sale....were all Africans.....not whites.....you claimed U.S. Slavers were 98% white....very likely......African slavers....100% black.....unless you throw in the muslim slavers......the ones also selling slaves from point of origin....

So you admit that the original statement I objected to "Slave traders were 100% black" was bullshit. I'm glad you agree.

So you admit that the original statement I objected to "Slave traders were 100% black" was bullshit. I'm glad you agree.

No.....I don't agree...I was right, you were wrong. African slavers were 100% black.....and then you had the muslim slavers.......

No.....I don't agree...I was right, you were wrong. African slavers were 100% black.....and then you had the muslim slavers.......

Slave traders, not African slavers.

No but it highlights the fact that today, it's blacks threat are enslaving people of their own race. Despite all the hair pulling by the left about what whites are doing to blacks.

So you think nobody in the US should worry about ending racism because because American blacks are likely to be sold as slaves anyay? Be clear about hat your point is, because so far, you aren't making any sense.

The point I am trying to make is, the left really doesn't give a shit about these so called "social justice" issues, they just use them to lobb fake accusations at the other side and divide Americans along racial, economic, and ethnic lines in order to gain more voters.

The fact that they totally ignore ACTUAL slavery occurring in Libya today (which by the way, Libya was destabilized into the terrorist cesspool it is today by the Obama administration) while bashing America as a racist nation, is yet another instance of selective outrage and the hypocricy on the Left. The difference is that recently they've been exposed and nobody pays attention to the politically motivated hysteria on the Left and the crooked media any longer. that's why the media and congress' approval ratings are at an all time low.

No but it highlights the fact that today, it's blacks threat are enslaving people of their own race. Despite all the hair pulling by the left about what whites are doing to blacks.

So you think nobody in the US should worry about ending racism because because American blacks are likely to be sold as slaves anyay? Be clear about hat your point is, because so far, you aren't making any sense.

The point I am trying to make is, the left really doesn't give a shit about these so called "social justice" issues, they just use them to lobb fake accusations at the other side and divide Americans along racial, economic, and ethnic lines in order to gain more voters.

The fact that they totally ignore ACTUAL slavery occurring in Libya today (which by the way, Libya was destabilized into the terrorist cesspool it is today by the Obama administration) while bashing America as a racist nation, is yet another instance of selective outrage and the hypocricy on the Left. The difference is that recently they've been exposed and nobody pays attention to the politically motivated hysteria on the Left and the crooked media any longer. that's why the media and congress' approval ratings are at an all time low.

Slavery in Libya is a bad thing, and I don't know anybody who condones it. Do you expect people here to be more concerned about that than the things that actually effect us directly? That's nuts. We have a crazy orange president. Slavery in Libya isn't as important to us.

Slavery in Libya is a bad thing, and I don't know anybody who condones it. Do you expect people here to be more concerned about that than the things that actually effect us directly? That's nuts. We have a crazy orange president. Slavery in Libya isn't as important to us.

So let's review, Obama bombed a stable country that was removed from the terrorist sponsor list which had given up its nuclear weapons research...and what do we have now? A terrorist cesspool that buys and sells black Africans into slavery.

But wait, you guys are worried about Trump the orange racist republican because "slavery in Libya isn't as important to you"?

Like I said, the Left doesn't really give a shit about slavery, racism, or any of these so called social injustice issues they pretend to care about.

So let's review, Obama bombed a stable country that was removed from the terrorist sponsor list which had given up its nuclear weapons research...and what do we have now? A terrorist cesspool that buys and sells black Africans into slavery.

But wait, you guys are worried about Trump the orange racist republican because "slavery in Libya isn't as important to you"?

Like I said, the Left doesn't really give a shit about slavery, racism, or any of these so called social injustice issues they pretend to care about.

Sure, but you said a lot of other stupid stuff too.

Progressives are fools, And hypocrisy defines them

for the record----LIBYANS are Caucasian arabs. They spit on sub-Saharan blacks as did the dog MUHUMMAD. Have any of you jerks ever MET a Libyan?

The state of Libya is Obamas fault, only a fool thought the invasion of Libya would be a good thing.
But then again Obama cocksuckers like yourself are blind to the truth... lol

Progressives are fools, And hypocrisy defines them

You should get that written on your tinfoil hat,

for the record----LIBYANS are Caucasian arabs. They spit on sub-Saharan blacks as did the dog MUHUMMAD. Have any of you jerks ever MET a Libyan?
It isn't a suprise that Arab Muslims are taking blacks as slaves. What they did to Black Africans throughout history is far worse than what Europeans did.

I think it’s fucking hilarious how the Arab spring made the whole Middle East much, much worse… I did not even think that was possible but it Most definitely did… LOL

Forum List

Back