African Kin Seek obama’s Help

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
African Kin Seek obama’s Help

But soetoro offers no special aid or access.

KOGELO, Kenya - After Barack Obama was elected to the US Senate in 2004, a delegation from the remote African village where his father was raised journeyed to Washington, seeking financial help. But Obama offered them advice, not money.

Now that Obama has moved to the White House, expectations of financial benefit have grown even greater in this tiny hamlet where water is still delivered to thatched huts on the backs of donkeys.

“There are still those who are waiting for him to send millions,’’ said Nicholas Rajula, a Kogelo businessman.

Dreams alone seem to be sustaining those counting on an economic boom in this rural corner of western Kenya, near Lake Victoria, where the American president’s father - also named Barack Obama - grew up and where many of his relatives remain.

In Kogelo, the village where Barack Sr. was raised, there is no restaurant or post office to speak of. Two hours from the nearest city, it is not on most maps.

............................................................................................................................

Rajula, the Kogelo businessman who funded the delegation’s trip to Washington in 2005, said Obama encouraged the group - which included his own uncle - to form self-help organizations and apply for funding through official channels, such as USAID.

“There is no money that comes from his pocket,’’ Rajula said.

African kin seek Obama’s help - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
offers no special aid or access

And?

What would you be braying about if he WERE to do so?

He doesn't have his own funds to help them with? Why are you assuming he'd use tax payer dollars to do it? Guess it's a knee-jerk reaction, huh, considering the Obama administration is spending other people's money at an ever alarming rate.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Ditto.

If he did give money, PR would be bitchin' about that.

My long lost brother xo... where have you been all these years man?

Yo, wassup, bro! Word to our mother!

Maw say's she thought you were dead... :eusa_eh:

She also wonders why obama can't spare a little money out of the millions he has on his native land... you know... like he spends on keeping his personal life hidden, as in...

... kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records and adoption records and real birth certificate.

Last edited:
He's too busy with redistributing wealth in the US.

obamablltw6.gif

And?

Ditto.

Why would PR bitch if Obama reached into his pocket and gave these poor folks a little money?

Now if he were to reach into PR's pocket, that would be a different story.

Again you assume without any evidence.

• Thanks
The same dickweed who peddled the completely out-of-context "brothers keeper" biblical passage, can't even dynamite his wallet open to send his brother -who lives in a ramshackle dirt floor hut- a couple hundred bucks and increase his yearly income by tenfold.

Sanctimonious asshole.

• Thanks
And?

Ditto.

Why would PR bitch if Obama reached into his pocket and gave these poor folks a little money?

Now if he were to reach into PR's pocket, that would be a different story.

Again you assume without any evidence.

You have to realize something about xo pard, he just says shit to stir things up.

I'd no more bitch about obama giving some of his money to his native country than I would about him being impeached... :lol:

And?

Why not comment on the story... afraid it paints your messiah in a bad light?
I think it paints him in a damn good light. He's not doling out favors. I know that's a hard concept for you Republicans to wrap your heads around...

My god, I love the faux outrage on Pale's part. It's about as transparent as the Democrats faux outrage when it comes to Joe Wilson's outburst. Get real Pale, seriously.

And?

I think it paints him in a damn good light. He's not doling out favors. I know that's a hard concept for you Republicans to wrap your heads around...

How is not helping his family out painting him in a good light? I doubt his family thinks that. Lets ask his aunt, you know the one that got deported or ask his brother George who lives on less than a dollar a month.

And?

He doesn't have his own funds to help them with? Why are you assuming he'd use tax payer dollars to do it?
Gee, I don't know what gave me the idea that he was refusing to pull strings to get our government to send money to Kenya.

Oh wait. Now I remember. The fucking article in the fucking OP.

“There are still those who are waiting for him to send millions,’’ said Nicholas Rajula, a Kogelo businessman.

But what is missing is a direct infusion of cash from Obama or the US government, say local residents and members of the extended Obama family, some of whom say they have relayed funding requests through e-mails and letters to Washington. That expectation might come as a surprise in the United States, where such gifts are not an obligation and Obama is not considered a particularly wealthy man. But in Kenya, where politicians are often judged by how much financial help they funnel to family and tribe, the lack of cash donations from the president has caused some consternation.

“Americans are different than us,’’ he said. “Us, we believe in handouts. But Americans don’t help individuals. Still, we stand to gain a lot from the presidency. Those of us who are clever, we will gain.’’

How is not helping his family out painting him in a good light? I doubt his family thinks that. Lets ask his aunt, you know the one that got deported or ask his brother George who lives on less than a dollar a month.

Didn't read the article, did you moron?

Forum List

Back