‘African Americans for Obama’

Yeah, why not just "Americans for Obama"...rather than segregation of people into groups.

It's a campaign thing. Different groups have different issues. It's a way of tailoring the campaign to each groups issues.

Ok, but it comes across as someone attempting to be all things to all people, and that alone then seems nothing but an insincere political ploy. I guess it's just that we all seem so divided over so much these days...class, race, gender, religion, etc. and the politicians have been feeding into it to further divide us with hopes that it will help them. Just self-serving IMO.

Of course it's "self serving" and "insincere". It's a political campaign.

oh no doc, lets get real here. the race card is equated with black and white, so please, lets not pretend these others ( that I kknew existed btw) is on par.

'Anglo Saxons/ Whites For Romney'

so, how long do you think that would last? seriously?

Would you like to join African Americans for Obama? Have they told you you couldn't? :evil:

No not yet, but I might feel like that white woman in an African studies class at Colombia I think it was that was born in Mozambique and when she made a point that really she was more African than they were, ( the members of the class who were black) they verbally beat the shit out of her....

It's a campaign thing. Different groups have different issues. It's a way of tailoring the campaign to each groups issues.

Let's be honest here. Black history month, black caucas, black coaches association. etc etc etc.

Any group of whites that attempted to form in that manner would be accused of racism. Is that true, or is that false?

Of course it's true.
So, hypocrisy is A-OK.

:thup:

Ok, but it comes across as someone attempting to be all things to all people, and that alone then seems nothing but an insincere political ploy. I guess it's just that we all seem so divided over so much these days...class, race, gender, religion, etc. and the politicians have been feeding into it to further divide us with hopes that it will help them. Just self-serving IMO.

Alright, then you don't have issue with people calling him out on it...I thought you were defending him.

Let's be honest here. Black history month, black caucas, black coaches association. etc etc etc.

Any group of whites that attempted to form in that manner would be accused of racism. Is that true, or is that false?

Of course it's true.

Well, I find it supremely odd that the man who was supposedly going to get us past racism in this country has instead embraced racism where it suits him.

I like the fact he sounds mildly worried that they might have had enough of his disengenuineness, narcissism, ego, lack of concern for their needs, partying instead of taking care of business and general incompetence that they might stay home or worse yet, vote for someone else.

Why should it "speak for everyone"?

You felt it was important enough to post the partisan garbage. I responded.

Wait...

It's "partisan garbage" to post the other "_______ for Obama" groups, in a thread about "Obama playing the race card"?

Maybe it's putting things it context. Is "context" "partisan garbage"?

Playing the race card has been proven

What excuses you make is of no concern.

Alright, then you don't have issue with people calling him out on it...I thought you were defending him.

No, not defending him.
I'm not an Obama supporter by any means.

Just hate fake outrage more than anything else.

Of course it's true.

Well, I find it supremely odd that the man who was supposedly going to get us past racism in this country has instead embraced racism where it suits him.

It is not odd. He simply doesn't recognize it in himself.

Why is he spending time preaching to the choir??:D
Because he is effectively abandoning white working class voters...Y'know, the "middle class" folks that the democratics always claim as their exclusive chattel.
For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned
in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment — professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists — and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

The Future of the Obama Coalition - NYTimes.com

Last edited:

Of course it's true.
So, hypocrisy is A-OK.

I think you might need to look up the definition of "hypocrisy".

It would be hypocritical for ME to be "outraged" at the idea of a "Whites for Romney", and not be "outraged" by this. I'm not "outraged" by either of them.

The fact that other people will get outraged isn't under my control. And it's not fair, I know.

But life isn't fair, and usually Conservatives are the first people to say that.

oh no doc, lets get real here. the race card is equated with black and white, so please, lets not pretend these others ( that I kknew existed btw) is on par.

'Anglo Saxons/ Whites For Romney'

so, how long do you think that would last? seriously?

It wouldn't last long, and people would be "outraged" about it.

That doesn't justify getting "outraged" over a hypothetical situation, just because it's not fair to white people.

Life isn't fair.

ok, hey, tell that to the left, the only reason this is even an issue is the lines they have drawn. the crux of my not very outraged outrage is; the media will let this pass with nary a whisper....................and Gutter v. Bollinger is back up for grabs this year, that 25 year nonsense of O'Connor's may be a goner, wanna see outrage? :lol: wait.

Of course it's true.

Huh?

Of course it's true.
So, hypocrisy is A-OK.

I think you might need to look up the definition of "hypocrisy".

It would be hypocritical for ME to be "outraged" at the idea of a "Whites for Romney", and not be "outraged" by this. I'm not "outraged" by either of them.

The fact that other people will get outraged isn't under my control. And it's not fair, I know.

But life isn't fair, and usually Conservatives are the first people to say that.

You got a link on that?

Wait...

It's "partisan garbage" to post the other "_______ for Obama" groups, in a thread about "Obama playing the race card"?

Maybe it's putting things it context. Is "context" "partisan garbage"?

Playing the race card has been proven

What excuses you make is of no concern.

"Proven"

:lol::lol:
You laugh, but in your own thinking, it is. You said 'whites for Romney' would be racist.

So, unless you are a hypocrite, 'blacks for Obama' is also racist.

So, which is it?

I certainly hope you aren't a hypocrite - seems like that should be a minimum prerequisite.

Forum List

Back